watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

More rubbish journalism ?

Started by FFCFOREVER, August 13, 2018, 01:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuffolkWhite

We all have favourites and some players we're not so keen on, but as said before Joka will do what he wants. Doesn't mean we cant discuss it, but in Joka I trust at the moment.

Team selection is going to be a headache for a few games from GK to Midfield, the only nailed on players at the moment would be Mitro, Cairny, Seri the rest depends on injuries and form and gelling.

Good squad though, and I have every confidence that points will come.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Statto

Quote from: KingofCheese on August 13, 2018, 10:21:14 PM
Quote from: ..FOF.. on August 13, 2018, 01:51:44 PM
Definitely an explanation is needed by Joka after Bett's recent tweet.

Probably what he meant was that he is not injured anymore.

Bett is a fighter and I expect him to launch a comeback like last season.

Why should SJ explain anything to us or anyone else. His job is keep Fulham in the PL and anything else is a distraction. If we want people to hold our hands and make us feel safe maybe we should ask our mums if we have one, I don't.

Ok so why not do away with press conferences altogether?
Shut down the website
No more tweets about who we've signed - if you want to know you have to turn up and see them
Of course you'll never get close to them because we'll do away with autograph signings, no celebrating with the fans, no clapping the travelling away support... your mums can do that
Why bother? We should just concentrate on staying in the Premier League

...and there I was thinking the essence of professional support was the spectacle

KingofCheese

Quote from: Statto on August 13, 2018, 10:54:11 PM

Why should SJ explain anything to us or anyone else. His job is keep Fulham in the PL and anything else is a distraction. If we want people to hold our hands and make us feel safe maybe we should ask our mums if we have one, I don't.

Shut down the website
No more tweets about who we've signed - if you want to know you have to turn up and see them
Of course you'll never get close to them because we'll do away with autograph signings, no celebrating with the fans, no clapping the travelling away support... your mums can do that

...and there I was thinking the essence of professional support was the spectacle

Yes you may be right that we are supporters and the club need to talk to us but frankly that is the last priority at the moment.
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

HatterDon

pretty much all sport journalism from the "popular papers" are rubbish -- as is most of their regular jounalism
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

cookieg

Quote from: Forever Fulham on August 13, 2018, 09:52:51 PM
There's an old folk saying: "You leave the dance with the girl you brought."
Betts deserves more respect.  Undefeated in how many games last season?
He was a big part of our surge across the finish line and back to the bright lights.
A big part.
He didn't have his familiars in front of him last weekend. Simple as that.     

So was Kallas, Piazon and Norwood but where are they now?

cookieg

Quote from: KingofCheese on August 13, 2018, 11:25:10 PM

Shut down the website

Yes you may be right that we are supporters and the club need to talk to us but frankly that is the last priority at the moment.
[/quote

What's that saying about what goes on in the dressing room stays in the dressing room. Betts has shown he doesn't have the maturity to get his head down and earn his place in the team. If he has pissed off Slav then he is a very silly boy and probably why he nearly signed for QPArse.

hovewhite

Quote from: boplogic on August 13, 2018, 03:37:17 PM
A bit mystifying, though, why he was given the #1 shirt if SK doesn't rate him.
that's the strange part about Betts with Slav .

kiwian

Is a dream a lie if it don't come true?

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: cookieg on August 14, 2018, 03:55:31 AM
He was a big part of our surge across the finish line and back to the bright lights.
A big part.

Norwood went to Sheff United yesterday.

New Kid on the Block

I've heard that Betts is still having trouble with the knee he damaged when he was clattered by (Siggurdsson?), a couple of seasons ago. Last season,after each match, he had to pack it with ice and strap it up. I think he also needed pain killing jabs, too. So, he isn't injured, sort of, but he does still have a dodgy knee, which could be career threatening, unless it is sorted. I've a feeling that Slav wants him to have another op on it, but is holding back, until he is happy that at least one of the new goalies is considered good enough. Then he'll probably pack Betts off to hospital.

KJS

Apparently Joka responded on Twatter - Betts returned with an injury he has had no pre-season and therefore was not available for selection, Betts has done himself no favours and I expect him to be loaded out to Pymouth Argyle before the load window shuts!!

toshes mate

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 13, 2018, 02:02:29 PM
As I've said on another topic, Slava doesn't rate him or he wouldn't have brought 2 keepers in.
Sad,but that is the reality of football.
A little harsh but true in the sense that SJ has openly stated he want players to fight for their places.  Are Fabriccio and Rico better than Bettinelli?  It is a bit too early to call it one way or the other as of now, but bringing in two keepers certainly should have sounded alarm bells ringing and it appears to have had the desired effect.

MJG

Quote from: cookieg on August 14, 2018, 03:55:31 AM
A big part.

what about poor old Johansen? He did just as much as Betts and found himself on the bench after two great years. Don't see all the weeping for him for losing his place.
Just the views of a long term fan

MJG

Shut down the website

what you cannot expect is club or manager to answer every question fans have on team selection.

Milo

I would like to see Rico in action before making a decision. Realistically we have to make a decision quickly based off 1-2 games because the season is well under way and time has ran out.

I would have liked to see Betts tweet, "I am working hard in training to fight my way back into the team, good luck to Fabri today!". If only because he could see Fabri self-combusting at times and would remember how he came in to replace Button and changed our fortunes (and really won over the fans). So, if he plays the same game he played last year (I.e. say on FFC TV how fortunate we are to have so many good goalkeepers etc etc) I am sure he will get his chance and retain his spot. It's strange to me that SJ is making him do it the hard way again but he just needs to keep cool and wait for Fabri to dig his own grave.

Statto

Quote from: MJG on August 14, 2018, 07:17:16 AM

Shut down the website

what you cannot expect is club or manager to answer every question fans have on team selection.
No but you can expect reasonable endeavours to answer the questions on the big or unusual issues. Which is why, ironically, Joka has actually already come out on this one and spoken about it. For the record I don't think he needs to add any more in this case (yet), I'm just arguing about the general principle.

MJG

Quote from: Statto on August 14, 2018, 07:48:31 AM
Quote from: MJG on August 14, 2018, 07:17:16 AM

Shut down the website

No but you can expect reasonable endeavours to answer the questions on the big or unusual issues. Which is why, ironically, Joka has actually already come out on this one and spoken about it. For the record I don't think he needs to add any more in this case (yet), I'm just arguing about the general principle.
I get that, and as you say he's answered it post match anyway. More a post from me about the sprit of the subject more than direct reply to your post.

toshes mate

I would imagine in his time at FFC, SJ has spent a long time ruing the deficiencies he has seen all over the football pitch but unable to say what he'd like to say for so many different reasons.  Players exclusively occupying slots in the team are only good if the player is commanding selection and, for SJ, that has not necessarily been the case in certain positions at certain times.  How long did we not have a satisfactory solution to the striker role, for example? 

The positive thing is that via recruitment of 'good quality players' we will see much more competition on the pitch and off of it in training.  We are one game into a season and we can be sure SJ doesn't know his best team yet.  He has to give signings their chances unless the occupant of a position is so far ahead on performance issues that you simply cannot drop them.  Because of so many late additions, injuries, etc., Saturday's team was a best fit on the day and we are going to see more of that until the squad settles down to a trend or pattern

I would hope all last season's 'remainers' are up for a fight to prove they are better than the existing occupants of a position.  SJ will be well versed in stirring that competition up too.   

Riverside

I hope Jokanovic does not read the message boards as we are really not helping Betts by making his non selection an issue . He does not cave into others opinions

One game and Betts was not fully fit during the pre season .

And Fabri has been OK ( does not deserve the scape goat treatment ) but not brilliant

And nobody has seen Rico

Jokanovic has shown over the seasons that he will juggle the team for the 1st couple of months before deciding what his best 11/18 is .

The 1st choice goalkeeper slot is still up for grabs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk