Quote from: Chutney on August 14, 2018, 11:05:17 AM
Quote from: @jolslover on August 14, 2018, 10:23:12 AM
                             Fabri

Christie    Chambers     Ream     Bryan

Anguissa

Cairney          Seri

Schurrle                                         Sessegnon

Mitrovic

Dropping Kmac is bold, he's the anchor of our side.

Hmm, While I agree to an extent I think it is bold to leave out a 30m signing who is most likely an upgrade on Mcdonald.
STH H3

Count Flapula

Don't think we should drop Schurrle for AK, I noticed Schurrle made lots of positive runs that weren't spotted by teammates - he is very positive and tried to get in the box / on the end of things.

Once our players get used to where he makes runs he will get goals as has proved in his career. I think he needs time on the pitch for our team to get used to how he's plays and once we get as a unit I think he and Sess will be very able support to Mitro in the penalty area. Leaving Schurrle in the bench will only delay this understanding from building.

Chutney

Quote from: @jolslover on August 14, 2018, 11:17:25 AM
                             Fabri

Anguissa

Cairney          Seri

Mitrovic

Hmm, While I agree to an extent I think it is bold to leave out a 30m signing who is most likely an upgrade on Mcdonald.

A players fee doesn't necessarily determine their ability, KMac would walk the french league, would he then be worth £30mil?

Think he's one of our most underrated players and I find it hard to believe any new signing would be an immediate upgrade, perhaps in time, but right now, with so many new players already in the squad, Kmac seems more important than ever.
C O Y W

Wolf

Quote from: Chutney on August 14, 2018, 11:24:47 AM
Quote from: @jolslover on August 14, 2018, 11:17:25 AM
                             Fabri

Anguissa

Cairney          Seri

Mitrovic

A players fee doesn't necessarily determine their ability, KMac would walk the french league, would he then be worth £30mil?

Think he's one of our most underrated players and I find it hard to believe any new signing would be an immediate upgrade, perhaps in time, but right now, with so many new players already in the squad, Kmac seems more important than ever.

Amazed at the claim MacDonald is underrated. My view is he's the most overrated player we've had in my near 30 years of Fulham support. He certainly didn't make quick enough decisions Saturday, got caught a few times, and mostly passed the ball 5 metres to Christie. I can see an argument for him sitting in front of the defence on Saturday, but he really needs to step it up.
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

Huxley

Quote from: Count Flapula on August 14, 2018, 11:17:58 AM
Don't think we should drop Schurrle for AK, I noticed Schurrle made lots of positive runs that weren't spotted by teammates - he is very positive and tried to get in the box / on the end of things.

Once our players get used to where he makes runs he will get goals as has proved in his career. I think he needs time on the pitch for our team to get used to how he's plays and once we get as a unit I think he and Sess will be very able support to Mitro in the penalty area. Leaving Schurrle in the bench will only delay this understanding from building.

Totally agree. Saw the same as you. Just not on the same wavelength. AK's time will come, but for the moment he is best to come on as an impact player when defenders are tired. I doubt AK can sprint or play with a high intensity  all game.

itombomb

If Bryan is fit and we're confident he can get up and down, I would contemplate McDonald and Anguissa sitting, and Cairney or Seri playing as an inside-wide forward instead of Sess/Schurlle.

Which I leave out is dependent on who Tottenham play - our left side is likely to be under more pressure if they pick the same team - Aurier/Moura is a much bigger threat down the flanks than Davies/Ali.

I have no confidence in McDonald being able to cover Erikssen on his own (not to mention how Ali and others drift into midfield too).

I'm not as harsh on McDonald as that poster above, but he doesn't have the speed/body-control necessary at this level to sit in that position on his own.

Statto

Quote from: WhiteJC on August 14, 2018, 11:06:46 AM
I'm not sure Anguissa's work permit has come through yet

no idea how long the process can take but based on Muto for Newcastle recently getting his in less than a week, i'm assuming anguissa will get his by saturday

fulhamben

Quote from: Statto on August 14, 2018, 12:38:20 PM

no idea how long the process can take but based on Muto for Newcastle getting his in less than a week, i'm assuming anguissa will get his by saturday
did vietto not need one if so he's came pretty quick ck
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Statto

Quote from: fulhamben on August 14, 2018, 12:39:50 PM

no idea how long the process can take but based on Muto for Newcastle getting his in less than a week, i'm assuming anguissa will get his by saturday

don't think so, based on the offal announcement not mentioning it, whereas they mentioned the work permit in the seri and anguissa announcements. i assume he's also got spanish or italian or some other EU citizenship somehow

Skatzoffc

I think Schurrle will start until he gets fully match fit. With AK coming on when he is tired.

Just an opinion but I think that is the way Joka will play it. He is very methodical.
When all of the players are fit he will assess them and decide who to drop.

COYW!

Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

The Rock

We don't know enough yet. We don't have all our players yet either. I want to see Mensah, and to ask to see him at LB due to our injury crisis (if Bryan isn't fit) is an insane thing to say isn't it?

We will win 1-0 like our last time at Wembley, or lose 5-0. Our style doesn't permit otherwise. We don't know or have our top 11 yet, so I fear it's 5-0.

WhiteJC

Quote from: Statto on August 14, 2018, 12:44:59 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 14, 2018, 12:39:50 PM

don't think so, based on the offal announcement not mentioning it, whereas they mentioned the work permit in the seri and anguissa announcements. i assume he's also got spanish or italian or some other EU citizenship somehow

if you look on the online shop you can't buy an Anguissa shirt, this is probably just an over-site however they may be waiting until he can play before his shirt is available?

Hoppus

Rico

Bryan
MLM
Chambers
Christie

McDonald
Seri
Cairney

Schurrle
Mitro
Kamara