fulhamben

Quote from: grandad on August 12, 2018, 12:29:42 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 12, 2018, 12:14:04 PM
Quote from: grandad on August 12, 2018, 12:01:01 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 12, 2018, 11:35:29 AM
Quote from: grandad on August 12, 2018, 10:22:47 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 12, 2018, 10:15:46 AM
Quote from: grandad on August 12, 2018, 10:13:25 AM
Slavisa said he would pick teams for whoever we play. If this means changes in set up I wonder if he could go 3-5-2 which is the same as 5-3-2.

Rico/ Betts

Chambers    Ream    Le Marchand

Christie      Seri        Anguissa   Cairney       Sessegnon

AK 47/Vietto            Mitrovic

This would beef up our defence a bit more. The danger man will be Alli who will drift in to the left side of the goal   which is where he scores most. This formation will also allow us to counter break quicker. Cairney must play higher to provide more defence splitting passes. Yesterday he was even the 1st receiver from our GK many times. 
think he meant pick different players as opposed to formations. He also said he wouldn't play defensively so that all but rules out your formation

Against the top 6 teams I think he will have to be a bit more defence minded or we will get hammered with the pace these teams play at when they attack. We will need more bodies to stifle them.
again  I'm not so sure, we've seen it time and again, that when We play more defensively that it has the adverse effect and we end up getting pinned back and eventually conceed.granted our new players might be better at it, but I'd rather go down fighting than being so affraid that we rip up everything that has made us good in the last few seasons

What I am trying to say is not to go all out defensive but to play a system which we can adapt to different phases in the game. My 3-5-2 can easily transition from defence to attack with a 5 man MF with 2 up top.
yes it can, but what also happens a lot to s you get done on the counter and end with 3 at the back, or on quick breaks you still have 5 at the back and next to no one up top.

Best to leave it up to Slavisa. He knows more than any of us. Anyway we are not paid to decide. In Slavisa I trust.
yep, and nothing he has said or done indicates to me that he will all of a sudden change systems
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

twang

Bettinelli
Christie - Chambers - Ream* - Bryan
McDonald - Anguissa
Schürrle - Seri - Sessegnon
Mitrovic

* Le Marchand if Ream is still injured.

Bench: Rico, Fosu-Mensah, Le Marchand, Johansen, Cairney, Kamara & Vietto

fulhamben

Quote from: twang on August 12, 2018, 01:01:54 PM
Bettinelli
McDonald - Anguissa
Mitrovic

that's a huge call to drop Tom. Think I saw somewhere that he made 90 at of 93 passes or something along those lines

hovewhite

Bettinelli
McDonald - Anguissa
Mitrovic

that would be my team also Kmac with Anguissa along side him as we will need some extra strength shielding back 4.

twang

Quote from: fulhamben on August 12, 2018, 01:08:27 PM
Bettinelli
McDonald - Anguissa
Mitrovic

that's a huge call to drop Tom. Think I saw somewhere that he made 90 at of 93 passes or something along those lines

Yep, and I can understand if it's one that Slav won't make. But I think it's obvious that we need to protect the back four more than usual away to Spurs. Anguissa and McDonald are the two defensive midfielders we've got so it's either Seri or Tom as #10. Schürrle and Sess are both with players that track back well.

Jims Dentist

I thought KMac was excellent yesterday, and that Christie did not look out of place in the prem, being on of very few with any real pace.

Mullers OG

Apart from changing the keeper I think we need some continuity in the team so they can acclimatise to playing with each other.  If the manager takes the view that some of the new players are better than those we have already then he will get them in once fully fit.  At the moment none of us, I suspect, know how match fit they are.  I thought we weren't too bad yesterday and some of the new players looked really good (Le Marchand, Bryan and Seri in particular).

Up front we look weak.  Unless Mitrovic or Sess score it is difficult to see where else our goals are coming from.  I may be in a minority of one but Kamara is, in my view, nowhere near good enough for FFC.  Fonte is rumoured to be going out on loan to a side in the Champions league.  Our inability to play to his considerable ability and his inability to adjust to our system of play is a shame.  Let's see what he does at a higher level.

We badly need to get Ayite fit as an alternative on the right and Kebano to see some playing time.

bornafulhamfan

I would like Vietto to be given a chance on the wing as I saw him playing there a couple of times at Atletico Madrid and I think he could be a great player.

fulhamben

Quote from: bornafulhamfan on August 12, 2018, 06:47:37 PM
I would like Vietto to be given a chance on the wing as I saw him playing there a couple of times at Atletico Madrid and I think he could be a great player.
interesting, is he a lefty or right footed

Facts Not Fiction

Bettinelli
McDonald - Anguissa
Mitrovic

So we signed a 2 time Europa league winner, with over 100 La Liga appearances, to be on the bench behind a Championship standard GK.

Statto

Championship standard = la liga standard

bornafulhamfan

Quote from: fulhamben on August 12, 2018, 06:52:28 PM
Quote from: bornafulhamfan on August 12, 2018, 06:47:37 PM
interesting, is he a lefty or right footed
He's right footed, but can play with both feet. He is fast and a good dribbler, which is why I think we should try him on the wing.

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: Statto on August 12, 2018, 09:44:33 PM

So Wolves = Barcelona

bornafulhamfan

Statto

Quote from: bornafulhamfan on August 12, 2018, 11:09:13 PM
Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on August 12, 2018, 10:56:31 PM
Quote from: Statto on August 12, 2018, 09:44:33 PM

So Wolves = Barcelona
And Fulham=Real Madrid😊

We had this discussion last year on here several times.

La liga is like the spl insofar as both have one or a few teams that are much better than the rest.

Look down to 6th, 7th, 8th and you have the likes of Eibar and Girona. Put them in the Championship and they'd fnish in the same position alongside Leeds, Stoke...

bornafulhamfan

I predict Jokanovic won't make any changes in the lineup, apart from maybe Zambo on for Kmac because of his speed(if he has enough training sessions with the team) and maybe Bryan if he isn't fit enough. Schuerrle and Fabri may be on the bench too, but I doubt it.

nose returns

Quote from: HV71 on August 11, 2018, 11:04:47 PM
2 game ban I'm afraid

how is two yellow cards a two game ban, i always thought it was one?

nose returns

Quote from: Robbie on August 11, 2018, 10:54:25 PM
If we have any brains, we will defend for our lives. Try and nick a goal on the break.
I fear we will "play our way" and get beaten 5 nil.

whilst i understand the concept. against team like spurs, if you tempt to defend for your lives you end up losing. best to play to our strength and impose our game on them, we remain good enough. however when out of possesion we need to work hard, concentrate and cut out the supply of ball to kane. 
i say we play the slava way.

Burntheashes

Betts
Christie Chambers Ream LML
Mcdonald
Seri Cairney
Schürrle Mitro Sess

fulhamexmouth

I'd go with-

Betts
Christie Chambers Ream Bryan
Seri Anguissa Cairney
AK47 Mitro Sess

Assuming all the above are available for selection, I would like to see Ream back at CB providing he's not still injured. Also would like to see AK as a starter.