Previous topic - Next topic

bornafulhamfan

Cech-6/8(75%)
McCharthy-6/6(100%)
Fabianski-4/8(50%)
Schmeichel-4/6(67%)
De Gea-3/4(75%)
...And so on
He still had a pretty good game bar that wrong judgment before the second goal.

Statto

Quote from: bornafulhamfan on August 12, 2018, 11:27:24 PM
Cech-6/8(75%)
McCharthy-6/6(100%)
Fabianski-4/8(50%)
Schmeichel-4/6(67%)
De Gea-3/4(75%)
...And so on

Watching the highlights I realised two of his saves were actually fantastic. I agree it's unfair to judge him on his errors alone. But it's equally misleading to roll out any metric that has him as the best of all PL keepers over the wknd. Clearly that stat means nothing. Perhaps save rate is a mildly better representation of reality and I suspect that has him around the middle somewhere.

General

Quote from: elgreenio on August 12, 2018, 02:05:54 PM
bottom of the goals and points count though  :hook:

Although looks like Palace are in the top 6 due to their win against us, so if we had lost two nil (and dominated for one half and been unlucky or could've prevented both goals), then we're not far off.. considering how high they are.

bornafulhamfan

Quote from: Statto on August 12, 2018, 11:41:19 PM
Quote from: bornafulhamfan on August 12, 2018, 11:27:24 PM
Cech-6/8(75%)
McCharthy-6/6(100%)
Fabianski-4/8(50%)
Schmeichel-4/6(67%)
De Gea-3/4(75%)
...And so on

Watching the highlights I realised two of his saves were actually fantastic. I agree it's unfair to judge him on his errors alone. But it's equally misleading to roll out any metric that has him as the best of all PL keepers over the wknd. Clearly that stat means nothing. Perhaps save rate is a mildly better representation of reality and I suspect that has him around the middle somewhere.
Yep, nine keepers had 100% save rate, but some of them only faced one or two shots. But I get your point, just wanted to say that I think he needs time and will probably be just fine, if not we have two very good keepers waiting for their chance and we will be good.

General

Quote from: bornafulhamfan on August 12, 2018, 11:11:49 PM
Quote from: Statto on August 12, 2018, 11:07:02 PM
Quote from: bornafulhamfan on August 12, 2018, 10:39:24 PM
Premier League updated their stats and Fabri now has eight saves(not seven) and is still first.

Hard to attach any value to those stats if they suggest he was the best in all the PL games, when we could all we with our own eyes that he wasn't even the best keeper at craven cottage on Saturday
Well the difference is that Fabri saved 8/10 and Hennessey 6/6. Think Hennessey was the best keeper of the first round.

Don't suppose the older guard on here have seen this, but those who do Fantasy leagues will notice that Hennesy was the standout GK of the latest round and two others in Van Aanholt and Wan Bissacka were both in the top 4 best defenders for the opening round... other players and teams kept clean sheets. Etheridge even saved a penalty, so it shows how important Hennesy was and how much he was called into action.

Schlupp (who's in as a defender despite playing as a winger against us) and Wan-Bissacka did well in getting up front, but were very powerful and as noted got bonus points for defensive work but weren't outdone by any other full backs in the league..