watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bottom 5

Started by Jimsbeerbelly, August 12, 2018, 02:01:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimsbeerbelly

Is where I think we'll be fighting it out this season, and survival will, and should be our main objective.

This isn't a negative post, just, realistic observations after yesterday, and looking around at the quality we have to face.

Yes, we spent 105M, but, with inflation, that's prob what was needed to be spend, just to keep our noses up.

By the time we play Spurs on Saturday, we could be bottom, going into games v Burnley and Brighton, that will be must wins.

What worries me, watching these other teams, is firepower beyond Mitrovic.

alfie

Are you really basing this on yesterday from a team of players that have barely introduced themselves yet alone play together, goodness me give it a few games before we are written off.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

SouthfieldWhite

Basing it on ONE game when the team have barely got to know each other's names and without seeing our other new players or half the other teams in this Dividion n 093.gif

Lighthouse

It is a point of view. But I would need to see all the players we bought actually playing before I decided how good or bad we are. Plus a bit more time actually meeting each other. On saying that we are always going to be lacking up front because of the way we play. Not just relying on the forward. Time will tell. But I never agree with must win fixtures. We will lose game we should win and beat teams we didn't think we would have a chance against.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Jimsbeerbelly

Quote from: alfie on August 12, 2018, 02:06:14 PM
Are you really basing this on yesterday from a team of players that have barely introduced themselves yet alone play together, goodness me give it a few games before we are written off.

Alfie, sorry, where have I written us off?

I'm sorry, but you, along with a few others on here, are always quick to point the negative finger, when it's a point of view.

I haven't based this on one game, just in general, we've come up, spent the money, is going to take us a while to gel, Slav to find hid best 11, some, who we think might, may not even cut it.

This talk about a top half finish is ambitious, but, madness, and I'll be happy as an FFC fan if we get a 2nd season in the top flight.

Mince n Tatties

66/1 to be in top 6....Might rob the wife's piggy bank(I Know where she hides it😁) and have a tenner on.

southwest6

christ... how is a prognostic for a 38 game season formulated after our very first game?  I am not discounting the fact that a) it is an opinion and b) by the end of the season you could potentially be right; i simply struggle in seeing how you are being realistic when we have roughly completed 2 or 3% of the campaign. We have a talented squad with a more than capable manager behind them. The dynamic of our squad has changed drastically so one would hope that the realist inside us would have presumed that the squad will take a bit of time to gel. + historically under Joka we are known to be slow starters. Moreover, historically (again under joka), we seem to pick up the pace and play some fantastic stuff with good results and as a result this place eventually turns into a shangri-la as opposed to the ruin that which it is as of now

Deeping_white

Quote from: Jimsbeerbelly on August 12, 2018, 02:19:50 PM

I'm sorry, but you, along with a few others on here, are always quick to point the negative finger, when it's a point of view.

I haven't based this on one game, just in general, we've come up, spent the money, is going to take us a while to gel, Slav to find hid best 11, some, who we think might, may not even cut it.

This talk about a top half finish is ambitious, but, madness, and I'll be happy as an FFC fan if we get a 2nd season in the top flight.

Because you're essentially saying we're going to be in the worst 25% of the teams, based off one performance when half the team had only just met each other? By all means give that opinion after 5/6 games when you've got a fair sample size, but it's ludicrous to suggest it after just one game. If we beat spurs 6-0 next week would you suggest we'll get champions league football because we battered one of the best teams in the country? No, because it's a silly suggestion to make off of one game. You're also talking about must wins after two games which is a bit weird. Palace lost 7 in a row at the start of the season and survived comfortably...

nose returns

look, i was critical of a few things yesterday but there many very good things and lots of reason to believe we will do well. but the team does need to be better introduced

alfie

Well your subject states "bottom 5"  and your text says "realistic observation after yesterday and the quality we have to face"
So what does the bottom 5 mean then other than we are not going to do well.

But hey if that is your opinion which you are entitled to have, I can only hope you are wrong or we will be having one hell of a miserable season.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Woolly Mammoth

I cannot see that after one match, and after introducing so many new players, and a match that we played reasonably well, and matched Palace for long periods.
That after watching the match and not before a ball is kicked, anyone can reasonably draw any conclusion, yes by all means have an opinion.
But forecasting or suggesting that a relegation fight could be on our hands based on yesterday's result.
I would have thought, that at least 12 matches have to be played before we can get any idea of how our season will pan out.
Even then after that, events can change dramatically one way or another.
If we find ourselves after 12 matches with say 10 points, then alarm bells could start to ring.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Quote from: nose returns on August 12, 2018, 02:43:37 PM
look, i was critical of a few things yesterday but there many very good things and lots of reason to believe we will do well. but the team does need to be better introduced

Perhaps hold a coffee morning tomorrow before training or afternoon tea?

Hilda to make some name badges with the position each player is meant to play in, that sort of thing?

Oh & tell them that Palace lost their first 7 matches last season, & didn't score a goal either but managed under Roy to gel together & sort it out

Why did we shut the coffee shop, big mistake!   

hovewhite

I try never to look at tables after 1 game i attend believe what I see i don't watch highlights .i e MO TD ,on another thread v spurs think we will get pasted but will be there hoping and supporting the mighty Fulham.
Anyone with an opinion different to mine is there right.
At least there's less midweek games in my last year watching Fulham so I will be watching and posting as ever on most games!

Statto

For at least half the game yesterday we battered an average or slightly above average PL team. We had a stone wall penalty turned down, at least one keeper blunder, and their keeper was MotM. All that with no Mawson or Anguissa and most players never having played together. As it happens I agree with you, I reckon we'll lose to Spurs and then it will look a bit bleak, but looking further ahead than that I dont see how you can infer anything negative from yesterday's events

bobby01

Man City score another one and we are not in the bottom 3
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

YankeeJim

We can look at the Palace match and see optimism. We will be safely mid table.
Wonder how the Hammers feel after their "fabulous" window. Hard to find good in a 0-4 thumping.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

fulhamben

Quote from: YankeeJim on August 12, 2018, 08:56:32 PM
Wonder how the Hammers feel after their "fabulous" window. Hard to find good in a 0-4 thumping.
westham are very much like us in the fact they are bedding in a lot of new players. I'd have muched preferred to have played Liverpool,purely because we would probably lose there even in our peak. Instead we lost a game that we really ought to be picking points up in
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Lyle from Hangeland

The reality is we will probably be in the relegation fight all season long. So I tend to agree with your first statement of being stuck in the bottom 6 for a lot of the season. It's just tough to stay up in the Premier League. That said, I think calling early season games "must win games" is a bit much. This team will need time to get going and it may take a bit. And when they get going they will scalp some bigger teams and make up for losing to Crystal Palace and whomever else. We'll be fine, but yes we will lose a lot of games. It is what it is. It's like going over the top in World War I. It's going to suck, but we have to go through the ordeal, trying our best, and hoping for the best.

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: fulhamben on August 12, 2018, 08:59:05 PM
westham are very much like us in the fact they are bedding in a lot of new players. I'd have muched preferred to have played Liverpool,purely because we would probably lose there even in our peak. Instead we lost a game that we really ought to be picking points up in

If Crystal Palace had lost, they would be saying the same thing. We are going to lose games against Premier League teams that are around our quality... because that is what happens on any given weekend. Boo hoo.

fulhamben

Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on August 12, 2018, 09:07:26 PM

If Crystal Palace had lost, they would be saying the same thing. We will are going to lose games against Premier League teams that are around our quality... because that is what happens on any given weekend. Boo hoo.
? Think you are missing the point totally
Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on August 12, 2018, 09:07:26 PM

If Crystal Palace had lost, they would be saying the same thing. We are going to lose games against Premier League teams that are around our quality... because that is what happens on any given weekend. Boo hoo.
what are you on about, how many debutants did palace have? 
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.