more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR QPR

Started by Andy S, August 13, 2018, 10:36:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CincyFulham1

Quote from: Riversider on August 13, 2018, 01:26:50 PM
They are going to sign 5 or 6 players on loan from Premier League clubs and finish mid table again, Reading though are a good bet for the drop,
I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Kalas and Piazon ending up at QPR on loan,

I don't think they could afford their wages.

RoyTund

Well I think it's been known for a while that loftus road does not have a future but doesn't sound like there is an immediate threat, rather that the oak common idea is dead so they are looking elsewhere.

Football wise I heard they were ok on Saturday until the equaliser. They have added only a couple of players to last seasons squad and lost their GK (probably their best player). Whilst the younger players finally get a chance, it will be close on staying up.

Andy S

It wasn't just jimmy Hill who saved us it was the muddymen family as well. As for QPR I hope they survive. May be a ground share with Brentford

Jims Dentist

Quote from: Andy S on August 14, 2018, 01:28:20 AM
It wasn't just jimmy Hill who saved us it was the muddymen family as well. As for QPR I hope they survive. May be a ground share with Brentford
The groundwater with The B's is a good shout Andy.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: Jims Dentist on August 16, 2018, 05:45:15 PM
Quote from: Andy S on August 14, 2018, 01:28:20 AM
The groundwater with The B's is a good shout Andy.
Bloody predictive text!!!

Marcel_Gecov

Did I dream it or has Fernandez stepped down.

SP

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on August 16, 2018, 05:55:13 PM
Did I dream it or has Fernandez stepped down.

Yes, I think the Amits are back in the fold to try & sort out the mess Big Tony created.  I wonder if they'll apply for more planning permission on land they don't own or have an option to buy? 

CottagersOnTour

Quote from: The Rock on August 13, 2018, 07:26:41 PM
I was talking with a qpr fan who was with one of his Fulham mates Sat night after our match and he just flat out said they are going down 100%. No chance in staying up. He's given up already and it's August!

I was chatting with one of my QPR supporting mates the other day and he said pretty much exactly this.

Thought they might stand a chance with Holloway but doesn't see any light at the end of the tunnel with old Stevie M in charge.

Twig

Quote from: MJG on August 13, 2018, 03:39:04 PM
Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on August 13, 2018, 11:30:15 AM
Quote from: Andy S on August 13, 2018, 10:36:08 AM
After the FFP thing QPR look to be in a bit of trouble. They are not sustainable at their present home and are now looking to develop the Linford Christie running track at the White City. So gone is that super stadium idea that was going to turn them into a big club. Most of their supporters are from the White City  Estate so they are not going to be a very willing to drive anywhere or even take the bus, even if it happens. It makes me grateful for owners like The Khans who have put money into our club and before that Mo

Khans policy will only work if we stay up
and its the right policy isn't it?

Of course it is.

Andy S

I think in a way it was all seater stadiums that caused clubs to move as they could no longer fit everyone in who wanted to watch. I think safe standing areas are the way forward although not for me

fulhamben

Quote from: Andy S on August 17, 2018, 12:37:21 AM
I think in a way it was all seater stadiums that caused clubs to move as they could no longer fit everyone in who wanted to watch. I think safe standing areas are the way forward although not for me
safe standing areas take up as much space as seated areas do they not?
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

FulhamKC

I lived in South Kensington from 1990-1992 as an expat. QPR was in the old first division and I could take the bus (#72?) from my flat to the ground without having to change so I started following them. Les Ferdinand played for them then and it was amazing how often he was flagged for being offside! It was a lousy ground and a lousy team, but I didn't know any better then and really enjoyed going there.

SP

Wonder who'll be sacked first, McClaren or Lampard?

Jem

Quote from: SP on August 18, 2018, 04:28:55 PM
Judging by today's result I should say McCaren. 7-1, cheered me up no end.
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

Jims Dentist

And that link kit!!👗

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: fulhamben on August 17, 2018, 05:03:15 PM

If the standing area in the Hamburg final is anything to by, it takes up more space.

toshes mate

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on August 19, 2018, 06:08:37 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 17, 2018, 05:03:15 PM

If the standing area in the Hamburg final is anything to by, it takes up more space.
The designs I have seen have identical space for seats or safe standing; indeed some of the designs are convertible.  One thing is for sure, safe standing does not increase capacity.

So far as QPR are concerned, and although I don't have a lot of love for them, I do hope the Club survives one way or another. 

Andy S

Totally agree but there was no such thing until recently. The old Craven Cottagerecord attendance was 55,000 not many standing. Only the main stand now Johnny Haynes behind the enclosure was seated I still do not understand the facination with standing it does nothing for me. Yesterday at Wembley I had this guy who was probably 6'3" tall every time the ball came down our end he shot up. I actually missed Mitro's goal. Why did he have to stand? He didn't people should be more considerate. It's not just at Wembley. At our home ground Craven Cottage my grand children are forever being blocked out by people wanting to stand.

Scrumpy

Quote from: Andy S on August 19, 2018, 11:30:44 PM
Totally agree but there was no such thing until recently. The old Craven Cottagerecord attendance was 55,000 not many standing. Only the main stand now Johnny Haynes behind the enclosure was seated I still do not understand the facination with standing it does nothing for me. Yesterday at Wembley I had this guy who was probably 6'3" tall every time the ball came down our end he shot up. I actually missed Mitro's goal. Why did he have to stand? He didn't people should be more considerate. It's not just at Wembley. At our home ground Craven Cottage my grand children are forever being blocked out by people wanting to stand.

49,335 v Millwall, 1938
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Jem on August 18, 2018, 06:09:48 PM
Quote from: SP on August 18, 2018, 04:28:55 PM
Judging by today's result I should say McCaren. 7-1, cheered me up no end.

Pelligrinni may just beat them to it.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.