more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Joka v Warnock

Started by choice_of_ends, August 13, 2018, 12:27:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tabby

Quote from: bornafulhamfan on August 13, 2018, 06:10:23 PM
I believe that if Warnock remains the coach of Cardiff for more than a half of season, they will have record lowest point tally. I think their only hope is to change the manager and buy some world class players in winter(which I can't see happening, and I would love to see them go down). We on the other hand have a good chance of midtable finish when the squad gels in.

Don't think they'll do any worse than Derby did.

choice_of_ends

Luka

Quote from: Statto on August 13, 2018, 02:27:38 PM
Quote from: LRCN on August 13, 2018, 01:03:08 PM
quite clearly this shows completed passes is not the metric to judge the merits of a team.

however cardiff do look incredibly limited. they'll probably finish with 30 odd points but be relegated.

have to disagree - haven't we learned anything from last season?

look at the stat over the course of a season and it's incredibly similar to the final league table

you get some anomalous teams (eg Burnley) or games (eg us v palace on saturday) but generally the correlation is very strong between possession, passes, passes completed etc on the one hand, and league position on the other 

What we learned from last season is that possession, passing completion etc. means jack unless you score.
The arrival of Mitro made the difference last year, possession and pass completion complimented his arrival.

Statto

Quote from: Luka on August 18, 2018, 07:22:24 PM
quite clearly this shows completed passes is not the metric to judge the merits of a team.

however cardiff do look incredibly limited. they'll probably finish with 30 odd points but be relegated.

look at the stat over the course of a season and it's incredibly similar to the final league table

you get some anomalous teams (eg Burnley) or games (eg us v palace on saturday) but generally the correlation is very strong between possession, passes, passes completed etc on the one hand, and league position on the other 

What we learned from last season is that possession, passing completion etc. means jack unless you score.
The arrival of Mitro made the difference last year, possession and pass completion complimented his arrival.

Having a good goalkeeper means jack unless you score.
So should we stop caring who goes in goal?
In fact every conceivable element of football means jack unless you score.
Not really sure what your point is

Luka

Quote from: Statto on August 18, 2018, 07:25:34 PM

I think my point is obvious.

Statto

Quote from: Luka on August 18, 2018, 07:35:45 PM
Quote from: Statto on August 18, 2018, 07:25:34 PM

I think my point is obvious.
That's not what she said