watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff (15/08/18)...

Started by WhiteJC, August 14, 2018, 06:46:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Fulham's Aleksandar Mitrovic thinks he should have 'had a hat trick' against Crystal Palace

Fulham striker Mitrovic knows why he failed to take his chances against Crystal Palace in their Premier League opener - and why fans shouldn't worry.

Aleksandar Mitrovic made his first appearance as a permanent Fulham player on Saturday in a 2-0 defeat against Crystal Palace at Craven Cottage.

The Serbian signed for the club earlier this summer for an initial £22 million having spent the latter half of last season on loan from Newcastle.

His second debut didn't quite go to plan, however, as he scuppered a few chances while Palace looked clinical at the other end.

"I had some half chances, one good chance, so if I was a bit luckier I could have had a hat-trick, but I would have been happy if I'd scored one," he told Fulham's official website.

But Mitrovic isn't worried, admitting that he just didn't have enough in the tank for the first game of the season while choosing to focus on the positives.

"I didn't score but, to be honest, the last 20 minutes I didn't have that much power because I didn't go through all of pre-season," he said. "But the first 60-70 minutes I felt good.

"I thought the players used me very well around the box, we created a lot of chances, we were unlucky not to score. But I say again, if we play like this I think we will be fine this season."

There are two reasons for Mitrovic's lack of pre-season, of course: he spent the first part of the summer with Serbia at the World Cup, and he only joined Fulham on the 30th of July.

Instead, Fulham fans should focus on his impact of last season and how much of a threat a half-fit Mitrovic still looked - get a little sharpness back and the 23-year-old can be a real threat in the Premier League season.

Fulham's opener may not have gone quite to plan, but this is still very much a side who can compete in the top-flight this year.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/08/13/ac-aleksandar-mitrovic-thinks-he-should-have-had-a-hat-trick-vs/

WhiteJC

Premier League table ranked by the price of a pie and a pint on matchday
PREMIER LEAGUE fans pay plenty of money just to watch their team in action, but how much does it cost for a pie and a pint on match day?

A half-time pie and a pint is a tradition enjoyed by thousands of football fans across the country for decades on end.

But in this era of over-priced players and super expensive tickets, which clubs offer the best value for money when it comes to a bite and a beverage?

According to a study by matched betting experts Oddsmonkey, the cheapest combined pie and a pint in the land comes at Turf Moor.

Burnley charge just £3 for a pie, and £3.50 for a pint of lager, making Sean Dyche's men top dogs for value.

At the opposite end of the spectrum are Tottenham - who are set to move into their new stadium at the old White Hart Lane site later this season after a stint playing at Wembley.

Spurs fans have had to fork out a whopping £4.30 for a pie and £4.95 for a pint - yet they have seen their club fail to splash out on a single signing this summer.

The most expensive pie on its own is actually on sale at Craven Cottage, the home of Premier League new boys Fulham.

The Cottagers have a reputation for attracting well-off fans with their west London location, so perhaps this is reflected in the price of a pie.

Although Burnley are top of the league for the cheapest combined price of pie and pint, surprisingly Chelsea sell the cheapest pie.

The Blues are one of the richest clubs in the world - and like Fulham situated in west London - but they offer their fans a tasty half-time pie for a bargain £2.50.

Bournemouth match Burnley's £3.50 pint price, but their £3.50 pies put them in second place behind the Clarets.

Unsurprisingly, five of the bottom six clubs are based in London - with Crystal Palace, West Ham, Arsenal and Fulham joining Spurs in charging over £8.50 total - while nearby Watford are the other.

That makes Chelsea's combined price of £7.10 - putting them in third place on this table - even more remarkable.

An Oddsmonkey spokesperson said: "Manchester City may have come top of the league last season when it came to the most points, but it was Burnley who came out on top for the cheapest fan fuel.

"It was interesting to discover that Premier League newcomers Fulham are charging their fans the most for a pie – perhaps the price of pies won't leave a bad taste in fans mouths now that Fulham are set to embark on exciting matches in the Premier League.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/723254/Premier-League-table-ranked-price-pie-pint-matchday-money-cost-finances

WhiteJC

Rating Fulham's transfer window at 9/10 – It's a successful summer for Jokanovic

Analysing Fulham's transfer window – Why it's been a successful summer

Fulham have been one of the surprise front-runners in this transfer window, signing players of top-drawer. They have virtually enhanced the quality in every department to be ready for a gruelling Premier League season ahead. It is now upto the manager Slavisa Jokanovic to gel the squad and make them play as a team throughout the season, especially after the opening day loss to Crystal Palace.

However, Cottagers' brave dip in the market should massively aid them to have a good campaign. For the fans, even a top-half finish would be ideal but for neutrals, it will be a major story if the club backs up the good work done in the summer with a top-7 finish in May.

Incoming players analysed

Jean Michael Seri will add some much-needed robustness, creativity and high-press to central midfield. The Ivorian is a high-class player and will thrive at Craven Cottage, displaying his array of attributes. Andre Schurrle is a former World Cup winner who will add a cutting edge to the forward line, which will be crucial in the Premier League.

Aleksandar Mitrovic was on loan here last season as well, however, now with the Serb signing a permanent deal with the club, Fulham will get goals and physicality in the box.

Fabri is an experienced goalkeeper of Champions League pedigree, so the Spaniard taking the number one role at Craven Cottage will make the defenders feel more secure.

Maxime Le Marchand and Alfie Mawson have been bought to enhance the quality of the back-line. This means Fulham won't be an easy team to breakdown this season, with the quality they possess in defence.

Luciano Vietto has arrived on loan and we all know what the Argentine striker is all about. He will certainly help Mitrovic in a front-line which is looking devilish.

For all the flair, the Cottagers have done a shrewd business in getting a defensive midfield of high-quality. Andre Zambo Anguissa will provide the shield to the defence, which will allow the attacking midfielders and forward players to express themselves up the field.

Where do they lack?

Perusing the business done by Fulham, you would wonder as to where they are lacking when they have covered almost every base. The only thing is that Jokanovic has a tougher job of gelling these players in and making them understand the ethos of the team before putting them out on the field to perform.

Transfer rating – 9/10

https://soccersouls.com/2018/08/14/rating-fulhams-transfer-window-at-9-10-its-a-successful-summer-for-jokanovic/

WhiteJC

Tom Cairney insists new Fulham signings must embrace promotion-winning team spirit after Crystal Palace wake up call

Tom Cairney says it is important Fulham do not let the number of new signings upset the harmony in the dressing room at Craven Cottage.

Fulham spent more than £100million on 12 players in the summer and a new-look side that included six debutants lost 2-0 to Crystal Palace in their Premier League opener on Saturday.

Five of those new additions were signed last week on a frantic deadline day and manager Slavisa Jokanovic has made a number of changes to the team that won promotion last season.

Midfielder Stefan Johansen was not in the starting line-up against Palace and goalkeeper Marcus Bettinelli was a surprise omission from the match-day squad. Only four players who started the Championship Play-Off Final at Wembley were in the XI against Palace.

The Fulham dressing room has a very different look to it this season but Cairney says it is imperative they do not lose the team spirit that helped get them out of the Championship last season.

"That is the trick and the balance that we have got to get right," said the Fulham captain (right). "That is our job. We went on an unbeaten run of 23 games last season and we have to keep that team spirit as well as adding the new players, which is sometimes difficult.

"It is not a worry for me. If you are going to do anything in the Premier League then you need to get more quality in and that is what we have done.

"It is down to us to make sure we stay tight like last season. In tight games, it is team spirit that gets you over the line."

Four of the deadline-day signings went straight into the squad against Palace, despite being Fulham players for less than 48 hours. Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa, the £22.3m signing from Marseille, will train with the squad this week and could make his debut at Tottenham on Saturday.

"Deadline day was a bit crazy for us," adds Cairney. "It was like Football Manager!"

Cairney, though, was not surprised by the number of new signings or that so many of them went straight into the team against Palace.

"Knowing the owners, I felt like they were always going to back us," said the midfielder. "You have to admire the owners. They have backed us to stay in the League and spent a lot of money. When you spend that much money, you do it for a reason. They are expected to come into the starting line-up."

There was an air of optimism around Fulham before the Palace game, but the defeat served as a wake-up call about how unforgiving the Premier League can be.

"It was a disappointing result," says Cairney. "We just needed to score when we were on top. You have got to be clinical. The back five had had three days together, which is not ideal, but there were positive signs. We have a tough game at Tottenham this week to try to get points on the board."

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/tom-cairney-insists-new-fulham-signings-must-embrace-promotionwinning-team-spirit-after-crystal-a3910756.html

WhiteJC

Marcus Bettinelli could leave Fulham this summer

Fulham keeper Marcus Bettinelli has been linked with a move away from the club this summer.

The 26-year-old shot-stopper has lost his starting berth to Fabri and Daily Mail claims that he will need to leave in order to play regularly.

Bettinelli had the chance to leave earlier in the summer but he wanted to stay and play as Fulham's number one. However, Jokanovic has signed Fabri and Rico this summer and Bettinelli has fallen down the pecking order.

Fulham started Fabri in between the sticks during their Premier League opener and Jokanovic revealed that Bettinelli was dropped because of an injury. Later, the player confirmed that he was fully fit.

It seems that the 26-year-old is not in Jokanovic's plans anymore and he is clearly being frozen out. It will be interesting to see whether he can secure a move before the end of this month.

Bettinelli is a real fan favourite at Fulham and he was instrumental for them last season. Fulham fans are unhappy about the treatment he has received so far.

The report from Daily Mail adds that several clubs are interested in signing Bettinelli and they are waiting to swoop for him this month.

http://sportslens.com/marcus-bettinelli-could-leave-fulham-this-summer/241635/

WhiteJC

Fulham FC Women Appoint Charlie McCarthy

Fulham Football Club Women have appointed Charlie McCarthy as Head Coach for the 18/19 campaign. McCarthy will start his role immediately as the squad prepares for their season in the London and South East Regional Women's League.

McCarthy's experience runs the gamut, having coached at Brunel University, Millwall Lionesses and, most noticeably, Lewes FC Women's, in addition to working with players at the Women's Super League and international levels.

Ready for the challenge, McCarthy said: "I am extremely happy with this decision and I'm excited to get started with my new role as Head Coach. My aim this season is to work with the current squad, along with a few key additions, and make an instant impact towards building a successful side with a winning mentality. This league will present us with a variety of challenges, but if we work hard and get things right from the start, I don't see why we can't be challenging for the trophy."   

McCarthy joins Assistant Coach Matt Weller who has been with FFCF Women for the past four seasons. Steve Jaye, Football Development & Education Manager at FFCF, said:  "Charlie has an exceptional background in the Women's game and will be a great asset for the team. We're excited that Matt will be staying on as Assistant Coach – he's been with us for years and will play an invaluable role in our success moving forwards."

Fulham FC Women are in pre-season training at Fulham Training Ground Motspur Park. The season gets under way on Sunday 19th August, away against Whyteleafe Ladies FC.

To stay up to date on everything related to FFCF Women, follow @FulhamFCFound on Twitter.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/august/14/ffc-women-appoint-mccarthy

WhiteJC

Jean-Michael Seri's midfield dominance & Fabri's day in goal - Fulham's stats from opening day

We've taken a delve into the stats from game week one and there are some encouraging signs for Fulham

Fulham didn't get their Premier League campaign off to the way they wanted as they lost 2-0 to Crystal Palace at Craven Cottage - but there's lots of positives to take.

Namely Jean-Michael Seri's performance in the heart of Slavisa Jokanovic's midfield.

Much was made of the Ivory Coast man signing for the club having been linked with Chelsea over the course of the window, as well as the fact he almost signed for Barcelona last year, with that move eventually falling through.

The fact that a newly-promoted club managed to sign Seri is one thing, but he showed his worth in a dominant midfield performance for Fulham against Palace.

Last season we became used to seeing Tom Cairney's name at the top of the passing charts for the club week-in, week-out, but after this game week he was joined by Seri, who both made 93 passes in the game - second only to Liverpool's James Milner.

Seri's influence on the game is also clearer to see when we take a look at the amount of touches the midfielder had, again, his 119 touches of the football was second only to Milner in the entire league, while Cairney was down in fifth with 105.

And it wasn't just with the ball where the 27-year-old impacted proceedings - his six tackles was joint top of the division too, with Philip Billing of Huddersfield, Seamus Coleman of Everton and Watford's Will Hughes all also making six tackles.

While on the subject of defensive duties, Seri also made four interceptions, which was fifth highest behind Daryl Janmaat,Kenedy, Hector Bellerin and Roberto Pereyra.

That box-to-box midfielder is vital to the way Jokanovic has his sides playing - the anchor midfield protects the back four and mops up loose balls while Cairney dictates the play.

Stefan Johansen did a good job in that role during the two Championship seasons but it's as clear as day itself that Seri is a massive upgrade on the Norway captain and the stats from the opening day prove just how good a player he is.

Fabri of Fulham in action (Image: Mike Hewitt/Getty Images)

It's an encouraging sign that Seri was able to have that much influence on his first game in the Premier League and that stats behind his performance should really encourage the Fulham faithful going forward from their first game.

Meanwhile, lots has been said about Fabri's performance in goal, especially with Marcus Bettinelli dropping out of the matchday squad altogether.

If we take a look at his stats from matchday one, the Spaniard made the most saves in the entire division (eight), while also making the most sweeper clearances with two and being top of the pile when it comes to throwouts alongside Manchester City's Ederson with nine.

Fabri makes a save during the loss to Crystal Palace (Image: Yui Mok/PA Wire)

It would seem that he's playing the way Jokanovic wants his keeper to play - throwing the ball to either the centre backs or full backs as opposed to kicking long, while also coming out of goal to sweep up any long balls over the top of the centre backs, something that was a concern in pre-season.

But coming out of goal to try and meet Wilfried Zaha led to Palace's second goal, while in the air Fabri claimed no high balls, nor did he punch away any crosses into the box.

Personally speaking, I think that Fabri had an average game, making some good saves that were evened out by some mistakes, but I think there's a lot to come from the keeper still.

Some other stats that I've picked out from the weekend's games will be encouraging to Fulham fans too.

(Image: Justin Setterfield/Getty Images)

Cyrus Christie put in the most crosses over the weekend with 12, and while a lot of those were poor balls that either missed the middle of the box or hit the first man, the fact he was able to get those into the box is important to the way Fulham play.

Seri was next on Fulham's list with 5, ranking 17th, while Joe Bryan, Ryan Sessegnon and Andre Schurrle each had four each, which ranked in 23rd.

And despite not scoring, Aleksandar Mitrovic had the most shots in the entire Premier League with seven efforts, with Calum Wilson ranking in behind with six.

What that does show, however, is the need to be more clinical in front of goal - Sadio Mane and Mo Salah both only had four shots but scored three goals between them against West Ham.

All in all, the stats are encouraging for Fulham after game week one.

https://www.football.london/fulham-fc/jean-michael-seris-midfield-dominance-15027384

WhiteJC

Arsenal: Oh, look, Calum Chambers is already needed

Arsenal's defense was, well, shaky against Manchester City. So shaky that I wouldn't mind a change. Only we can't make one.

Arsenal did improve against Manchester City. I keep having to remind myself of this. City didn't win 3-0 in easy fashion, stomping us in the first half and chilling in the second. It was much closer than that, as the Gunners did muster some decent chances of their own.

Unfortunately, most were just poorly taken, or tuckered out with a very little threat to City ever growing out of it.

Defensively, there weren't as many mistakes as there had been last year, but there was still some really bad defending. Shkodran Mustafi had some strong moments, but he also had just as many weak ones. Raheem Sterling spun him twice in one run.

Sokratis wasn't terrible either, but he had a few nervy situations himself.

All in all, it was not a cohesive defensive effort, with Petr Cech and his centerback pairing struggling to inspire any sort of confidence from that back triangle. They were shaky throughout the course of the 90.

I've already said that Cech should be yanked against Chelsea in favor of Bernd Leno, and I'd also like to see Mustafi sat down, though I know that won't actually happen. He does deserve to recover, sure he does. But there will be time for that.

And lucky for him, there is no one there to take his place. By loaning out Calum Chambers, the Gunners handcuffed themselves to Rob Holding, who is absolutely not ready to be thrown out into this new system. Not when he couldn't even handle the old.

https://paininthearsenal.com/2018/08/14/arsenal-oh-look-calum-chambers-is-already-needed/

WhiteJC

All new at Fulham as ICM secure sleeve and five new players take the pitch for season start

August 14 –  Premier League returners Fulham completed the signing of a new sleeve sponsor – ICM.com – as well five new players on the transfer window deadline day, in time for the start of the season last weekend. A start that saw them lose 2-0 at Craven Cottage to London neighbours Crystal Palace.

ICM, a commodity and CFD trading firm, has been Fulham's official OFEX partner since November 2017 but has upgraded its sponsorship at the same time as it rebranded its global business.

Shoaib Abedi, founder of ICM.com, said: "We recently announced our global rebrand to ICM.com and are excited to be renewing our sponsorship with Fulham FC to present our new brand identity and new logo on the team's shirts, resulting in global visibility. As a UK headquartered investment firm we place a lot of value on building long-lasting relationships and feel a strong connection towards British football. Both ICM.com and Fulham FC have seen remarkable success and growth in the past 12 months and we see this set to continue alongside each other."

As well as having logo branding on the Fulham sleeve, ICM will drive marketing campaigns via digital content. The firm launched its sponsorship and the season asking fans to #FollowFulham with a video taking fans on a journey through London and culminating at Craven Cottage.

No term or value was announced for the deal but it is understood to be a one-season only agreement. Fulham's shirt sponsor is online gaming firm Dafabet.

http://www.insideworldfootball.com/2018/08/14/new-fulham-icm-secure-sleeve-five-new-players-take-pitch-season-start/

WhiteJC

Defender reveals his reasons for turning down Fulham towards end of window

As they looked around Europe for a new right-back towards the end of the transfer window, Fulham fixated themselves, for a while at least, on Celta Vigo's Hugo Mallo.

The Spanish defender was said to have the 'offer of his life' on the table from the Cottagers, but, in the end, he decided to extend his stay with the La Liga side and turn down the newly promoted club.

Fulham eventually went on to sign Timothy Fosu-Mensah on loan from Manchester United to help out Cyrus Christie and Denis Odoi in the position.

Speaking to the press a few days after putting pen to paper on his new deal, Mallo gave his reasons as to why he decided to say no to a Premier League adventure.

He said, relayed by Marca: "I knew the amount I would receive at Fulham, but in life, money isn't everything and my intention was to continue with Celta. That's why the agreement with the club was easy and very quick".

Now contracted with the La Liga club until 2023, the 27-year-old looks set to remain in Spain for the foreseeable future, and, having spent his entire career at the same club, it seems unlikely he'll ever leave.

One club men are harder and harder to find these days, and it's hard to be annoyed at such loyalty in a world where footballers tend to jump from club to club to get bigger wages like they're playing hopscotch.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/defender-reveals-reasons-turning-fulham-towards-end-window/

WhiteJC

Leeds should seek to make loan move for linked-away Marcus Bettinelli

According to a recent report from The Daily Mail, Marcus Bettinelli could be set for a move away this summer. The 26-year-old currently plays his football at Premier League side Fulham and has done so since 2011, going on to appear 98 times for the Cottagers, 29 of which coming last season in the Championship to help Slavisa Jokanovic's men win promotion via the play-offs.

Yet the goalkeeper wasn't even named on the bench for their 2-0 defeat to Crystal Palace in their opening league game on Saturday to suggest that he is not in Jokanovic's plans, which is news that should be of interest to Marcelo Bielsa's Leeds United, who themselves may feel that another shot-stopper is needed to aid in their promotion bid.

The Breakdown
Ultimately, last season in particular was a testing one for Leeds goalkeepers given both Andy Lonergan and Felix Wiedwald struggled to convince of their capabilities, with both given the chance by Thomas Christiansen and Paul Heckingbottom, only for 21-year-old Bailey Peacock-Farrell to finish the season between the sticks.

And with messrs Lonergan and Wiedwald having left Elland Road over the summer, and Jamal Blackman the only goalkeeper brought in by the club so far, it's clear that another option would be ideal in a bid to have three accomplished shot-stoppers at the Yorkshire outfit – Bettinelli would certainly fall into that category.

The 26-year-old may have taken his time to prove his credentials between the sticks at Craven Cottage, with injury one reason for his difficulties, but he more than proved his worth last term in helping Jokanovic's men win promotion to the Premier League.

The former England Under-21 international didn't begin the season as the Cottagers' number one, but he usurped the gloves from David Button back in December and didn't look back in starting all of their remaining Championship fixtures, shipping just 19 goals and keeping 12 clean sheets in 26 regular season appearances.

And with two clean sheets in their three play-off matches, including in the final victory over Aston Villa, it's clear that Bettinelli has genuine pedigree at second tier level, and would also bring a know-how in getting the job done to a Leeds team that, in the last two seasons, have failed to sustain a promotion push.

Whether he would dislodge Peacock-Farrell from the side in the immediate remains to be seen, but there is no doubting that the £2.7 million-rated ace (as per Transfermarkt) would be an ideal addition to Bielsa's squad to thus provide further competition in the goalkeeping ranks.

And having someone who has been there and done it before can only aid with Leeds' own bid to win promotion this season.

https://www.footballtransfertavern.com/championship/leeds-united/leeds-should-seek-to-make-loan-move-for-linked-away-marcus-bettinelli/

WhiteJC

The Tony Gale Column

It was fantastic to be back on Saturday – there was such a positive vibe around the place. Walking to the ground, it was so alive. Premier League football is back at the Cottage, and now we just need to focus on getting the results to keep it back. Obviously it didn't go our way against Crystal Palace, but there is absolutely no reason to feel too downbeat, as I still thought it was an enjoyable afternoon. It was great that the fans were still with us at the end when we were losing. That's what we're going to need this season. We got on such a roll last year and we were so used to winning, that in the Premier League the team is really going to need the fans to stay with them.

We played well but it just shows how unforgiving this division can be. I think it's a massive lesson learnt, and that's something that Slaviša has alluded to as well. In the Premier League you've got players and teams that can absorb pressure, and then hit you on the break. Possession in this division doesn't count for as much as it did in the Championship. First half we played really well, and they relied on Wayne Hennessey to make a few good stops low down, but they just showed more of a clinical edge, which proved to be the difference. The game could have been very different had one or two of Aleksandar Mitrović's shots gone in, and that just shows how fine the margins can be.

Roy Hodgson and Ray Lewington were on the pitch before the game so I went over for a chat. They were saying how lovely it was to be back and what a great club it is. I was especially pleased for Roy when he made that long walk from the Cottage to the dugout, what a great reception he got from all four sides of the ground, it was brilliant. I spoke to Roy after the game, too, and he was saying how well Fulham did in the first half, but also how well his side did in the second half, how they countered Fulham. Teams are going to do that to us, so we need to think about how to stop the opposition, in addition to thinking about how we're going to play. The fact that Slaviša wants to keep playing football, though, is fantastic for our fans.

We saw seven debutants in the match, but I don't think you can really judge them until they've had, say, eight or so games to bed in. However, I was impressed with Jean Michaël Seri. If I had to pick out one of the newcomers for special mention, it would be him. I did like the way he got about the pitch, going after the ball when we lost it, and then when we got it he passed it nicely. He seemed to have settled in pretty quickly with Kevin McDonald and Tom Cairney.

Tottenham away seems like a daunting next fixture but, in my opinion, if there's a time to play Spurs, it's now. They were far from convincing against Newcastle and you could see that there was a little World Cup weariness in their legs, because the majority of their starting XI played in Russia this summer. I think there was a little bit of tiredness there, in mind as well as in body. That said, we'll need to be a little bit tighter than we were last weekend, and wary of the breakaway. What you do without the ball is as important as what you do with the ball, particularly in the Premier League.

I saw Spurs at Wembley quite a lot last season and they did struggle in some of the matches when they were big favourites. Their fans will be expecting them to beat Fulham, and sometimes that can mean they don't get behind them as much as they should. It's great for us to go back to the national stadium so soon after the Play-Off Final, although it is Fulhamish that we don't play at Wembley for 43 years and now we'll have been there twice in four months!

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/august/14/the-tony-gale-column

WhiteJC

Ryan Sessegnon unfazed by talk of Fulham exit

Ryan Sessegnon says talk of a move away from Fulham has not distracted him and that he remains focused on playing for the Premier League side.

The teenager burst onto the scene back in 2016, when he was just 16, and has established himself as a regular in Slavisa Jokanovic's side at Craven Cottage.

However, his performances have attracted the attention of larger clubs, with Tottenham reportedly keen to take the versatile player to north London.

Sessegnon admitted the attention is flattering, but said: "You always see little bits and bobs when teams are linked with you, but I was always staying focused on playing for Fulham.

"That's my main focus - just getting my head down and playing for Fulham.

"Of course as a young player, when you get linked to these clubs playing Champions League football, it's always flattering."

Yet despite insisting his focus remains on life at Fulham, Sessegnon denies he is close to agreeing a contract extension with the club.

"I'm not aware of anything right now. I'm just playing and seeing how it goes," he added.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11472726/ryan-sessegnon-unfazed-by-talk-of-fulham-exit

WhiteJC

Ryan Sessegnon committed to Fulham despite 'flattering' transfer interest

Ryan Sessegnon says that the interest he received from Champions League clubs this summer was "flattering", but insists that he was always focused on Fulham.

The 18-year-old is one of the most highly-rated prospects in European football and played a key role in Fulham's promotion-winning campaign last season, winning both the Player of the Season and Young Player of the Season awards in the Championship.

There were even rumours that the versatile left-sided player might be a late wildcard inclusion in Gareth Southgate's World Cup squad, and many have backed him to break into the England team during this season.

That has led to a summer of speculation linking him with a move away from west London, with Tottenham particularly interested.

However, Sessesgnon - who played 90 minutes in Fulham's opening-day Premier League defeat to Crystal Palace - says that he was always concentrated on playing Premier League football at Craven Cottage.

"You always see little bits and bobs when teams are linked with you," he told Sky Sports News. "But I was always staying focused on playing for Fulham.

"Of course as a young player, when you get linked to these clubs playing Champions League football, it's always flattering."

He did, however, suggest that he is not yet close to signing an extended contract with the club.

"I'm not aware of anything right now," he said. "I'm just playing and seeing how it goes."

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/ryan-sessegnon-committed-to-fulham-despite-flattering-transfer-interest-a3911631.html

WhiteJC

Early season promise shows Fulham's key first-team player will take the Premier League by storm: Opinion

Why Fulham's Ryan Sessegnon will take the Premier League by storm

Fulham are known to play an exciting brand of attacking football which took the Championship by storm the last term. Despite the opening day defeat to Crystal Palace, the Londoners must strive to make a strong impact in the Premier League this season.

The Cottagers, managed by Slavisa Jokanovic, were one of the winners of the summer transfer window as they signalled a statement of intent by wrapping up deals for Jean-Michael Seri, Andre Schurrle and Alfie Mawson.

But one player who could take the Premier League by storm is Ryan Sessegnon. As per a report from The Independent, Fulham's vice-chairman and director of football operations, Tony Khan, has confirmed that the star player will be staying put at Craven Cottage.

Sessegnon, 18, made his debut for Fulham barely aged 16. This past season, he managed to make a real name for himself across the footballing world. Over the course of the previous campaign, Sessegnon emerged as one of the brightest talents in England. His exploits in the Championship fired Fulham to a promotion to the Premier League.

The teenager starred in Fulham's run to the playoff final last season, setting up Tom Cairney to score against Aston Villa at Wembley as the Cottagers won 1-0 and gained promotion after four seasons in the Championship. Due to his dazzling displays for the Whites, Sessegnon became the first Championship player to ever be named on the PFA Young Player of the Year shortlist.

Sessegnon started his career as a left-back but it soon became clear that the 18-year-old's true value was higher up the pitch. Recognizing his power, Jokanovic provided him with the license to roam forward and showcase his abilities. As a result, Sessegnon blossomed at left-wing and effectively made the position his own. There was simply no stopping the 18-year-old, who tormented Championship defences with his blistering pace, trickery and unpredictability.

Sessegnon has turned into a left-winger who becomes a touch more dangerous in the opposition box as he is a natural finisher. He plays with a sense of maturity that's well beyond his years and his performances have fast-tracked him into becoming a key figure in Jokanovic's Fulham side.

The Roehampton-born starlet possesses a lot of potential and now, he must make waves in the top-flight.

Playing against Palace, Sessegnon effectively received his first taste of life in the Premier League. His biggest challenge would be to handle the pressure that surrounds him this term. The young ace should keep his head down and continue working hard to make a lasting impression in the top-flight.

A move away from Craven Cottage is inevitable at some point of time in his career but for now, Sessegnon must get ready to do big things in west London.

https://soccersouls.com/2018/08/15/early-season-promise-shows-fulhams-key-first-team-player-will-take-the-premier-league-by-storm-opinion/

WhiteJC

Transfer Deadline Day could MOVE again if Premier League clubs vote for August 31 return

Clubs across Europe have until the end of this month to complete their business

Premier League clubs could abandon the new-look transfer window after just one summer.

Mirror Sport is aware of at least two clubs who voted for the change that now believe it is a mistake and they should go back to the August 31 deadline.

Several leading agents also believe that it has put English football at a major disadvantage compared to other major leagues as Spain, France and German teams can still buy players from Premier League clubs.

Premier League chiefs will discuss the window at their next meeting next month but it would take a club to propose a change back to the old system.

It would then require 14 clubs to vote in favour of going back to the old system.

The change was brought in last year after complaints from managers that the start of every season was left in chaos because deals were being done after the season kicked off.

The window shut at 5pm last Thursday, the day before Manchester United kicked off against Leicester.

It was designed to stop transfer business disrupting clubs' preparations and is seen as being a success in some quarters.

United were keen on signing Leicester's Harry Maguire and under the old system it might have been difficult for the England centre half to face potential suitors.

Last season, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain played for Arsenal against Liverpool - and then completed a £40m move to Anfield just days later.

FIFA are looking at an idea to bring in a uniform transfer window to stop La Liga and Bundesliga clubs being able to pounce on English clubs. Italy will also do the same as the Premier League as their window shuts this Friday, ahead of the opening of the Serie A season.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/deadline-day-premier-league-change-13082383