Main Menu

Our Manager's song

Started by BedsFFC, August 16, 2018, 09:20:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holders

Quote from: Nero on August 16, 2018, 01:03:02 PM
Give me a S
Give me a L etc etc

What's the accent over the final 's' called, and will it rhyme?
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Holders on August 16, 2018, 01:25:04 PM
Give me a S
Give me a L etc etc

It's called a caron, or a hacek (but the c in hacek has a caron or hacek! :023: )
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: mrmicawbers on August 16, 2018, 10:23:26 AM
Whats wrong with Slavisa's black and white army.The one you mention doesn't get many if any airing s in the Johnny Haynes stand.
To be fair not much gets an airing in the JH stand 😁
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Holders

Quote from: Southcoastffc on August 16, 2018, 01:42:59 PM
Quote from: Holders on August 16, 2018, 01:25:04 PM
Give me a S
Give me a L etc etc

It's called a caron, or a hacek (but the c in hacek has a caron or hacek! :023: )

Yes, I imagined it might have! "...give us an S hacek..." I can't see many in the Riverside singing that. 

There must be a way of typing accents on a standard English keyboard - to save the clumsy Schuerrle if nothing else.

The Enclosurite

Palace actually sung the song a fair few times on Saturday for Milivojević.  I wonder if their fans moan about it too, there seemed to be a majority singing it so guess not so much.
¡COYW!

The Enclosurite

I like the idea of singing the 23 undefeated song. Yes, the run is over but the history was still made by playing football the Slavisa way!   049:gif
¡COYW!

ffcthereligion

Did he actually come out and say he didnt like it or is that just an empty claim? Id like to see! Anyone who says they dont like it fine start another one that catches on.

Ged

The song originated at Watford and they tried to come up with a better one but failed
http://wfcforums.com/index.php?threads/songs-for-slavisa.47226/

The Enclosurite

Quote from: Ged on August 17, 2018, 01:13:17 PM
The song originated at Watford and they tried to come up with a better one but failed
http://wfcforums.com/index.php?threads/songs-for-slavisa.47226/

Man United sung it about Vidic too.
¡COYW!

EN1 FFC

Quote from: The Enclosurite on August 16, 2018, 07:29:13 PM
I like the idea of singing the 23 undefeated song. Yes, the run is over but the history was still made by playing football the Slavisa way!   049:gif

Yeah agree the 23 undefeated song is the best, if amended slightly

23, 23, undefeated
23, 23, we sang
23, 23, undefeated
playing Slavisa's way

could add to that
All we need is Slav, Slav, Slav,
Slavisa's all we need

Twig

"All you need is Slav" gets my vote. Really catchy and it's a neat play on words.

Berserker

Definitely should stop singing it as it's insulting

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Whitesideup

Quote from: Berserker on August 17, 2018, 07:58:37 PM

Agree entirely

Holders

If it isn't actually racist it's certainly borderline. Imagine if we sang a song about a German 'he'll effing gas yer'.

VancouverWhite

Quote from: Statto on August 18, 2018, 12:35:27 AM
Quote from: Holders on August 17, 2018, 11:07:27 PM
If it isn't actually racist it's certainly borderline. Imagine if we sang a song about a German 'he'll effing gas yer'.

Oh come on. Aside from it not being based on race (ok yes he's an ethic serb but would we sing it about a non-serbian, eg a croatian, of ethnic Serb heritage?) any grown man who gets seriously offended by the suggestion that he's "hard" is frankly a ponce and shouldn't be managing a group of lads competing in a contact sport. I agree the song is unoriginal, not very Fulhamish and generally pretty crap, but if we're going to say it's offensive then we should also stop doing the "Reeeeeam" thing because all those low voices sound really sinister and might scare someone's pug.

I think the difference between calling someone hard and this song is that it's drawing on very recent history.   

I'm all for the...  All you need is Slav!  :clap_hands:

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: Statto on August 18, 2018, 12:35:27 AM
Quote from: Holders on August 17, 2018, 11:07:27 PM

Oh come on. Aside from it not being based on race (ok yes he's an ethic serb but would we sing it about a non-serbian, eg a croatian, of ethnic Serb heritage?) any grown man who gets seriously offended by the suggestion that he's "hard" is frankly a ponce and shouldn't be managing a group of lads competing in a contact sport. I agree the song is unoriginal, not very Fulhamish and generally pretty crap, but if we're going to say it's offensive then we should also stop doing the "Reeeeeam" thing because all those low voices sound really sinister and might scare someone's pug.

I don't usually disagree with you but it does offend me and I'm not a politically correct type or a Serbian!

hovewhite

Quote from: Whitesideup on August 17, 2018, 09:16:19 PM
Quote from: Berserker on August 17, 2018, 07:58:37 PM

Agree entirely

me too

fcfulham55

Just a slow simple

SLAVISA'S BLACK AND WHITE ARMY.

To start with.  A lot of new people I take to Fulham fail to understand whats being sung with the faster word morphed "blawiarmy" version.

I also hear people around me appearing to shout something different.  Just fades out because not enough people join in.

But a clear crisp, clean chant will get a lot involved!   
Sent from my Nokia 3310

Ged

Quote from: fcfulham55 on August 18, 2018, 11:16:02 AM
Just a slow simple

To start with.  A lot of new people I take to Fulham fail to understand whats being sung with the faster word morphed "blawiarmy" version.

I thought they were singing Slavista cor blimey

hovewhite

Quote from: Ged on August 18, 2018, 12:41:04 PM
Quote from: fcfulham55 on August 18, 2018, 11:16:02 AM
Just a slow simple

I thought they were singing Slavista cor blimey
I just didn't know!