watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Slavisa negotiating a new contract?

Started by General, August 17, 2018, 01:05:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

Taken from the guardian article on page two of Friday news.

"We need time, like all the teams, because it's not easy," said Jokanovic, who remains in talks with the club over a new contract. "We must be patient and let the new players adjust. I believe we signed quality players but, without any work in our style or with their teammates, it's so complicated for them. Step by step we expect we will improve."

Another article says it's speculation and he refused to comment on speculation.. anyone know better?

fulhamben

CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

nose returns

if he does not sign, and is uncertain as to his future, that would be bad.

Bassey the warrior

He'll definitely sign, unless Khan wants someone else. He's been supported more than he could have dreamed of by Khan.

Holders

He's said it's a private matter that he will not discuss, therefore we shouldn't expect to hear anything until such time as he signs.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Lighthouse

He has a history of not sticking around long at clubs and yet he seems more than happy to stay here. He has build a club that has a chance of competing at the highest level. There would seem no point in him moving on from the Fulham project yet. I don't see any problem with him taking his time and deciding what to do that is best for his family as well as himself.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

west kowloon white

And if we are in the poo by the New Year makes things easier for the Club :if he's holding out for a mega deal can get fat Sam in a wink. Happy days.

..FOF..

Maybe he is holding out for a clause to have more say in the transfer dealings :P

Wall of White

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 17, 2018, 03:32:50 PM
He has a history of not sticking around long at clubs and yet he seems more than happy to stay here. He has build a club that has a chance of competing at the highest level. There would seem no point in him moving on from the Fulham project yet. I don't see any problem with him taking his time and deciding what to do that is best for his family as well as himself.

Didn't he reference his previous short stays when he joined. Said something like he hoped to be here a long time and create a dynasty.

Mince n Tatties

Sessegnon one gone quiet,when interviewed he knew nothing about it.

VancouverWhite

Well this is probably the worst time to be negotiating a new contract. 

Slav has a full plate in front of him, I would think that his extension is the LAST thing on his mind at the moment.

..FOF..

I wouldn't worry too much about it considering his style in football.

Patience passing game.

Patience in building a winning team.

Patience and still sticking around after Klein's saga.

So probably he is being patience to negotiate a win-win contract.

Robbie

Say we only end  up with 2-3 points with 6 matches played  ... the picture would look very different then.

Joka is untested in the PL.

Khan may well be holding back too.

toshes mate

Most football employees tend to move around more often than they stand still, and thank goodness they do, otherwise the game would be, well you get the point don't you?  Jokanovic knows what he wants out of the game he has been involved in for most of his life.  He's not going to stay where he is not wanted, and why should/would he?  He hasn't been unsupported by his current employer although he has a case for claiming that many times they haven't exactly made it very easy for him to do his job, but he probably expected and expects that to happen most places he has been or will go to.  He has achieved success for his employer, and there is the potential for more to come, but it takes two to make an agreement and I am a huge supporter of the rights of both sides to have privacy until there is news worthy of release more generally.

I don't see any reason to believe no news is good, bad or indifferent.  It is just no news, and trying to infer something out of nothing is always a tricky business.

toshes mate

Quote from: Robbie on August 18, 2018, 03:41:26 AM
Say we only end  up with 2-3 points with 6 matches played  ... the picture would look very different then.

Joka is untested in the PL.

Khan may well be holding back too.
But the Khans have been tested in the PL and how did that work out for them?  I'd be a little more thoughtful about the roles of both sides in tricky negotiations.

hovewhite

Even a new contract in football is no guarantee as chairman and managers break them when it suits!