watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-1959

Started by bog, August 17, 2018, 07:49:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

When we went up in 1959 and played Spuds away and I was among the 54,000 crowd at White Hot Lane. We scored first through Johnny Haynes  :clap_hands: and led at half time but annoyingly Dave Mackay equalised and it finished 1-1.  As usual no one gave us a chance that long gone day. One of the games I will never forget.  049:gif 

092.gif   

filham

Quote from: bog on August 17, 2018, 07:49:28 PM
When we went up in 1959 and played Spuds away and I was among the 54,000 crowd at White Hot Lane. We scored first through Johnny Haynes  :clap_hands: and led at half time but annoyingly Dave Mackay equalised and it finished 1-1.  As usual no one gave us a chance that long gone day. One of the games I will never forget.  049:gif 

092.gif   
I would be more than happy with the same scoreline today, wish we had a Haynes in the team.

bog

Would be nice wouldn't it. Johnny lorded it over Spuds that day. COYW!  049:gif

092.gif

Fernhurst

Captain, please help out my memory, I was taken to WHL as a youngster to see Fulham who were playing in BLUE and dear Tony Macedo got a bit confused and after making a save rolled the ball to the nearest WHITE shirt, who just happened to be Jimmy Greaves!!!

What year was that? Early to mid 60's ????
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Woolly Mammoth

I think it was 1962, final score 1 1.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

bog

Quote from: Fernhurst on August 18, 2018, 01:29:52 PM
Captain, please help out my memory, I was taken to WHL as a youngster to see Fulham who were playing in BLUE and dear Tony Macedo got a bit confused and after making a save rolled the ball to the nearest WHITE shirt, who just happened to be Jimmy Greaves!!!

What year was that? Early to mid 60's ????

Stand easy Fernhurst! Have checked the records and it looks like being 13th April 1963. I was not there but have vague recollection of Tony Macedo doing that. As an aside '63 was that awful winter of frozen discontent  and we played 7 games in 23 days!!

092.gif