watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

suppose Anguissa eventually replaces Kmac

Started by southwest6, August 18, 2018, 09:10:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

southwest6

Who will be the one rallying the troops? Kev is a natural leader and perhaps the only genuine one in our team as of now. Although Tom is the one with the armband, i think it's clear that he isn't a natural leader. So who does everyone feel would be the makeshift leader IF anguissa is a regular?

MrFFC

I'm sure there will be games where both Aguissa & McDonald play together.
Come on you Whites!! :)

hovewhite

When fit Mawson,it's difficult to say into the second game with a almost new team.

hovewhite

Quote from: MrFFC on August 18, 2018, 09:22:07 AM
now against the top 7 I'd play the two of them.

southwest6

Yes but don't see slav playing two DM's in a three man midfield too often.

Statto

McDonald's leadership qualities are often overstated on here IMO. If you follow the behind-the-scenes stuff and players' social media etc you see he's too much of a joker. Personally I think our leadership and spirit came from a lot of players last year.

That was always going to change. How much are players like Seri and Schurrle going to respect players who are much more technically limited than them and haven't even played at this level before?

The new players all seem mature and sensible, plus the PL is less of a "war" than the Championship, so personally I don't see leadership being as important now.

TC has to keep the armband as long as he's in the starting XI but with the passage of time I can see unofficial leadership coming from Mawson (I agree with Hovewhite), some of the older, better players like Seri and Schurrle and if they become first team regulars, Fabri and MLM are very mature as well.

DevonFFC

Mawson will become the captain even if he doesn't wear the armband, he spoke about leadership a lot in his interview when he signed.
You need a team of leaders in this day and age, gone are the days of having a club old head to rally the troops and take a young player under his arm as football has changed and these youngsters are on more than some of the senior players based on potential alone.
If the team can gel and gel quick with the confidence the gaffa and the club have in this group and us as fans I think we will be alright.
I know is sounds stupid but actually as the fans we are also just as important and can make or break the teams performance by our cheers or boos.

choice_of_ends

Would rather consider to drop Cairney for Anguissa and play with double six KMac and Anguissa.

the nutflush

I wouldn't be rushing to drop Kmac.  Very important physical presence.

General

Quote from: hovewhite on August 18, 2018, 09:25:40 AM
now against the top 7 I'd play the two of them.

Agreed on this. Also, whilst we all see Kmac and Anguissa as DM's few of us have actually seen him play. I reckoned he could play a bit further forward so Seri or cairney up front, Anguissa in the middle and Kmac in the DM role.

I can't see Kmac keeping his place though - Seri and Anguissa are both streets ahead in terms of speed/energy/skill and ability to figure the game out and make interceptions.