watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Totally outclassed in the 1st half

Started by FulhamKC, August 18, 2018, 03:51:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deeping_white

Once we got to grips with them, I thought that we were excellent until they scored their second. Our heads dropped after that and it was curtains, but certainly the performace against a team that will be in the top 4 for 70 minutes was very good once we stopped showing them too much respect. Honestly nobody on here predicted getting a result anyway, so it was more about how we coped against a class team and we didn't do ourselves any disservice I thought. How we fare against Burnley and Brighton will be much more telling, but good performances again from the newbies, especially Anguissa, Bryan and MLM.

FFCSteve

Survival is key. And I cant see why we won't survive!
Mitro scored!!!!!!!!!!! COYW!
COYW!!! Bring back Rene! But I do like Slav!

Deeping_white

Quote from: Statto on August 18, 2018, 04:56:09 PM
Quote from: Deeping_white on August 18, 2018, 04:54:22 PM
Quote from: Baszab on August 18, 2018, 04:45:29 PM
We're not in this league - were in the bottom 6 league

Are you enjoying us losing, it's been a while since you could be negative?

Do you disagree with what he said?
Doesn't sound controversial to me.
Sounds like a valid excuse for today's defeat and a reason not to get down... how is that negative?

In your previous post you literally said you're not paying attention to results until November to formulate your opinion, so how can you agree with him making a comment like that after two games? What if we suddenly go 5 games unbeaten and end up fighting for a top 10 position? You can't tell that after two games, one of which is against a top 4 team.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Deeping_white on August 18, 2018, 04:56:52 PM
Once we got to grips with them, I thought that we were excellent until they scored their second. Our heads dropped after that and it was curtains, but certainly the performace against a team that will be in the top 4 for 70 minutes was very good once we stopped showing them too much respect. Honestly nobody on here predicted getting a result anyway, so it was more about how we coped against a class team and we didn't do ourselves any disservice I thought. How we fare against Burnley and Brighton will be much more telling, but good performances again from the newbies, especially Anguissa, Bryan and MLM.
Largely agree. We didn't do badly, time to gel as a squad will help hugely but we'll need to get out of a losing habit soon. 4 points from Burnley  and Brighton will do wonders for us.  If we needed to be shown how different our task is in the Prem, TC being taken off and Sess being so poor (yes, poor) are clear indications.   And Fabri does worry me.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

bobby01

The last 3 seasons we have started slowly, finished strong, lots of new faces and at times we have shown we are good enough for this league. We will get better, still not sure about the gk though, the new boys look good. Just need to build an understanding of each other's games. No way is it doom and gloom as some think, only 1 point between 7+teams.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: Statto on August 18, 2018, 04:53:51 PM
I'm reluctant to pay attention to any of our results until November. Might as well treat this as the pre-season we never really had. And I'm certainly not getting wound up by us losing to a top 4 team.

2-4 points from the next two games is a more reasonable ambition.

Same here. We showed we could dominate for a bit at the beginning of the second half. People are getting in each others' way. That will get better with time.

filham

Spurs clearly outright winners but we had a good spell early in the second half by us. Some pressure on us now, our 100m team will be expected to collect points at home to Burnley next Sunday.

Statto

Quote from: Deeping_white on August 18, 2018, 04:58:54 PM
Quote from: Statto on August 18, 2018, 04:56:09 PM
Quote from: Deeping_white on August 18, 2018, 04:54:22 PM
Quote from: Baszab on August 18, 2018, 04:45:29 PM
We're not in this league - were in the bottom 6 league

Are you enjoying us losing, it's been a while since you could be negative?

Do you disagree with what he said?
Doesn't sound controversial to me.
Sounds like a valid excuse for today's defeat and a reason not to get down... how is that negative?

In your previous post you literally said you're not paying attention to results until November to formulate your opinion, so how can you agree with him making a comment like that after two games? What if we suddenly go 5 games unbeaten and end up fighting for a top 10 position? You can't tell that after two games, one of which is against a top 4 team.

I don't need us to play any games to know we ain't finishing top 10. People need to get some sense. We're a newly-promoted team with 12 new signings. Half of them don't speak English and at least a few of them will go completely tits up and look like a waste of money. That't just the way these things go. One of our most important signings won't even be in the team until September. Nonetheless I'm confident we can avoid relegation and hopefully, finish a comfortable 14th/15th. What I meant is, I'm not going to worry that we're 19th with nil points after 2 games, or that we've just lost away to Spurs.

S.F.Sorrow

With all the new players, half of them last minute signings, it would have taken a miracle to get a result today. We played some nice football for the first 15 minutes of the second half but very poor for the rest of the game.

I nearly got my head ripped of when saying this a couple of weeks ago but with our late transfer activity I really don't expect us to gel until after the international break.

The good news is of course that we currently have LOTS of unfulfilled potential in our squad. I expect us to look a lot sharper and start taking points in a month of two. Let's just hope it isn't too late.

Lighthouse

We will struggle until we find our best team. But we again showed we can compete at this level. Give us time. Far too early to talk about expecting to pick up points against Burnley. We may struggle for a while. Still think we have the strength to survive. Mind you hope the injury to our record signing wasn't a bad one.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Baszab

Second half we were fantastic .... then we retreated and Spuds scores 2 brilliant goals
I'm not negative. Or even disappointed - we as I said we not in their league we are in the bottom 6 league and I will be happy to finish 4th in that league

Neil D

We were up against a team which oozed class.  All  their long balls, when they played them, found a player in a dangerous position.  In the first half, they easily turned us down their right flank and in the second it was the same on their left.  That said, we gave as good as we got for at least 20 minutes in the second half.  Fabri's performance was a revelation from the dismal one last week.  I am not disheartened.  I expected nothing against Spuds in terms of points but the performance offered some hope for the mid-term future.