Started by Slaphead in Qatar, August 18, 2018, 06:32:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: fulhamben on August 18, 2018, 07:54:03 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 18, 2018, 07:51:11 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 18, 2018, 07:42:35 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 18, 2018, 07:32:24 PM
Zzzzzzzz
Same posters carrying on where they left off last week,its a wonder you lot haven't said he should have saved all three.
Well that's the scapegoat for the season sorted out for every game we lose..😱😱😱
you cant honestly think he doesnt look dodgy. whats he had, 6 games now, and not one of them without a gaf. and you must really hate rico and betts to blindly support fred. absolutely no point in having 3 keepers, if you are going to stick with the same one no matter what he does

Firstly I don't hate any of our players, I've never seen Rico play.
As for Betts its obvious Slava doesn't rate him or he wouldn't have brought the 2 keepers in,and imo only I should think unless Fabri or Rico break their legs Betts days at the club are numbered... Shame but that's the reality of football today.
even so, none of that negates the fact that fabricio looks dodgy, because he does.

So did Betts on many occasions I've seen him,so have lots of top keepers,the boy at Man United is supposed to be the best,he looked like a clown at the World Cup.

filham

We had three players not available from our back four options and we have two alternative keepers to choose from.
Also McDonald or Anguissa to play as the defensive midfielder.

Jocanovic has work to do in selecting his best defense, hope he gets it sorted sooner rather than later.

fulhamben

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 18, 2018, 07:56:46 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 18, 2018, 07:54:03 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 18, 2018, 07:51:11 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 18, 2018, 07:42:35 PM
Zzzzzzzz
Same posters carrying on where they left off last week,its a wonder you lot haven't said he should have saved all three.
you cant honestly think he doesnt look dodgy. whats he had, 6 games now, and not one of them without a gaf. and you must really hate rico and betts to blindly support fred. absolutely no point in having 3 keepers, if you are going to stick with the same one no matter what he does

Firstly I don't hate any of our players, I've never seen Rico play.
As for Betts its obvious Slava doesn't rate him or he wouldn't have brought the 2 keepers in,and imo only I should think unless Fabri or Rico break their legs Betts days at the club are numbered... Shame but that's the reality of football today.
even so, none of that negates the fact that fabricio looks dodgy, because he does.

So did Betts on many occasions I've seen him,so have lots of top keepers,the boy at Man United is supposed to be the best,he looked like a clown at the World Cup.
which is exactly why rico should be given a chance is it not?
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

sunburywhite

Apparently he went into the dressingroom after the match and put his head in is hands but it slipped through

GET A LIFE SOME OF YOU
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

hovewhite

Zzzzzzzz
ha ha very witty,but 1st season back in the premier league ,not meant to be negative but we will lose more than we win this season and a new team as well as fabri so paitence is needed but it's going to be a hell of a ride.

Hatch007

Quote from: nose returns on August 18, 2018, 06:52:55 PM
He was better but is obviously very dodgy.
He flapped at and spilled the ball.
He is ridiculous
You're ridiculous if that's your honest appraisal of his performance today.

Not at fault for any of the goals and made some good saves. A couple of handling errors, granted, but he made up for them and didn't cost us a goal.

How that equates to ridiculous is way beyond me.

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: RaySmith on August 18, 2018, 06:42:05 PM
I thought he played well - made a few good saves, came off his line to good effect.

My thoughts as well. He was solid today. Played with confidence.

Lyle from Hangeland

About Rico and Bettinelli... none of us know what they look like in training right now. Slavisa will pick the best player. He did it last year. Fabri looked confident  today. Seems to be an intelligent guy who communicates well with his teammates.

Jem

He played much better this week. I don't think any of our keepers could have saved any of the goals. The whole team is still finding it's feet. We get better every week. In the latest football parlance - we go again!
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

nose returns

Quote from: Hatch007 on August 18, 2018, 08:10:03 PM
He is ridiculous

Not at fault for any of the goals and made some good saves. A couple of handling errors, granted, but he made up for them and didn't cost us a goal.

Whilst i do not go in for nonsense usually but, was is ridiculous is defending him. He made a couple of ok saves, all keepers do that but at crosses his positioning remains awful, he flapped at one nearly costing a goal, spilled another but got lucky on the bounce and generally looked nervous. If you think that was ok then  your standards a set very low. The man will see us relegated for sure.

Hatch007

Quote from: nose returns on August 18, 2018, 08:50:53 PM
He is ridiculous

Whilst i do not go in for nonsense usually but, was is ridiculous is defending him. He made a couple of ok saves, all keepers do that but at crosses his positioning remains awful, he flapped at one nearly costing a goal, spilled another but got lucky on the bounce and generally looked nervous. If you think that was ok then  your standards a set very low. The man will see us relegated for sure.

You and FulhamBen should get a room.

The rest of us seem to have a more reasonable view. No one's saying he's perfect as far as I've read so far, my point was that you calling him ridiculous after today's performance is hard to fathom. If you don't want people to challenge your opinion, don't post.

For what's its worth I thought Betts was excellent last season and an integral component of our unbeaten run to the extent I would have started with him as no. one choice this season, fitness permitting.

nose returns

Quote from: Hatch007 on August 18, 2018, 09:04:41 PM
Quote from: nose returns on August 18, 2018, 08:50:53 PM
He is ridiculous

You and FulhamBen should get a room.

The rest of us seem to have a more reasonable view. No one's saying he's perfect as far as I've read so far, my point was that you calling him ridiculous after today's performance is hard to fathom. If you don't want people to challenge your opinion, don't post.

For what's its worth I thought Betts was excellent last season and an integral component of our unbeaten run to the extent I would have started with him as no. one choice this season, fitness permitting.

He was not at fault for the goals, he made some routine saves, he made two possibly three dreadful unforced errors that if spurs would have been on their game, would have been usually put away.  He fills me with fear that i cannot recall being equalled sice we had malcom webster

Most of the new boys look good.... the goalkeeper seems to me of a quality less than last years pair.

Lighthouse

I really don't understand it. I know we have our own views on players. But where is the thread headed - That Chambers bloke looks dodgy. He has given away the ball. In the first half he lazily gifted the ball so a Spuds players was straight through on goal but a heavy touch gave Fabric a chance to come out but got lucky with a free kick. While the keeper may have a few questions surrounding him. Betts has only just started to be fit and has shown a poor attitude in making public his dissatisfaction. The other keeper is learning English. But Chambers doesn't look the part at all. Hope he does soon because we can't keep giving the ball away as we do especially in dangerous places as he does.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

7787fulham

I watched the champions cup games and went to the sampdoria game and the goalie is dodgy. I personally want to see Rico givena shot or bring Betts back in. Fabri flaps and doesn't seem to have any relationship with his defence. The problem is if the defence start feeling that he's dodgy they work overtime and come out of position to try to protect him more but inevitably it leads to mistakes which means the keeper will get bombarded with shots and inevitably let more in.

Am I incorrect in thinking including pre season fabri is yet to keep a clean sheet.

WORTHINGFULHAM

He look ok to me, he is a european keeper so style is completely different to betts. I thought he made some good saves and still needs to adjust like everyone else to his new back 4.

Statto

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 18, 2018, 09:27:45 PM
I really don't understand it. I know we have our own views on players. But where is the thread headed - That Chambers bloke looks dodgy. He has given away the ball. In the first half he lazily gifted the ball so a Spuds players was straight through on goal but a heavy touch gave Fabric a chance to come out but got lucky with a free kick. While the keeper may have a few questions surrounding him. Betts has only just started to be fit and has shown a poor attitude in making public his dissatisfaction. The other keeper is learning English. But Chambers doesn't look the part at all. Hope he does soon because we can't keep giving the ball away as we do especially in dangerous places as he does.

Luckily he's just keeping that RB spot warm for Mawson

richnj

I'm mostly happy with Fabri today.  Dodgy he is not.

The first two goals, absolutely nothing he could do about it.  Kane's little placement.. he decided to cover near post (where I hate getting beaten on), was partially blocked by the defender, and Kane wrapped it around and in.  Maybe he could have stopped that one with a more aggressive stance, but again.. I'm not going to blame him for any of the goals today.

He fumbled.. ok, so he came out aggressive and bounced it against himself instead of the ground.  Looked a little Benny Hill, but he recovered.  Bryan called for him to cover another ball and they had a bit of a miscommunication, but he covered.

And he completely shut down the breakaway and put himself out there to get hurt right in the opening.

All in all, well done.  Some work.. but I'm not replacing him with Rico of all keepers.. Rico needs confidence before facing any real games.  Maybe put him in for a cup game.

Betts - well, yeah, I want to see him, and he's top quality.  But the decision has been made.  Betts comes in if Fabri goes Karius on us.. but I'm not sure I see that happening.

JoelH5

I was unsure last week but he had a great game today. When he spilled the ball he made up for it. His positioning all game was spot on.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Denver Fulham

Quote from: JoelH5 on August 19, 2018, 01:11:25 AM
I was unsure last week but he had a great game today. When he spilled the ball he made up for it. His positioning all game was spot on.

He was better than last week's fiasco, but I'm not sure why so many on this board are giving Fabri credit for doing the mere basics you'd expect of any keeper. He didn't make one save of any quality today, wasn't at fault for any of the three goals. Still had a couple flappy moments on crosses. Pretty mediocre, tbh.

Robbie

Spurs scored three very good goals. The first two were pretty much unstoppable.