watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Really Want Something From The Burnley/ Brighton Games

Started by Steeeeeeeeeed, August 18, 2018, 06:45:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steeeeeeeeeed

Cos after that it's away to Man City (no chance) and that will be our fifth game out of 38

I am hoping for at least 4 points from these two games, the game against Burnley is a Biggie really, and I would say almost a must win.
Certainly feels.like quite an early 'season defining' game. Win and get the home crowd going, Lose and things ain't looking so good.

choice_of_ends

Statto

Quote from: choice_of_ends on August 18, 2018, 07:02:02 PM
We'll go with zero points into the Watford game

Think this post will be about as accurate as your last one, which was the claim that Schurrle is faster than AK47, in other words I think you may have got the functions of your mouth and backside the wrong way around today mate!

Mullers OG

Assuming everyone other than Mawson is fit for Burnley who is in your Fulham team?

I would go for +-

Fabri (needs time to settle in - only if under par after half a dozen games would I change him)

Mensah Chambers  LeM  Bryan

Anguissa  Cairney Seri

Ayite  Mitrovic  Sess

On the bench  Betts/Rico  Ream  Odoi  Johanson  Kebano  Schurrle Vietto

Ayite is in my opinion badly missed at the moment.

Statto

Quote from: Mullers OG on August 18, 2018, 09:45:28 PM
Assuming everyone other than Mawson is fit for Burnley who is in your Fulham team?

I would go for +-

Fabri (needs time to settle in - only if under par after half a dozen games would I change him)

Mensah Chambers  LeM  Bryan

Anguissa  Cairney Seri

Ayite  Mitrovic  Sess

On the bench  Betts/Rico  Ream  Odoi  Johanson  Kebano  Schurrle Vietto

Ayite is in my opinion badly missed at the moment.

Jokanovic loves Ayite but I reckon Schurrle will be back in the starting XI versus Burnley. Other than that, agree with your team.

davew

I think we should be concentrating on the positive things that are happening!! SK has spent over 100m and we have only played 2 games, maybe should have done better in the 1st one, but in out wildest dreams we could never expect to beat Spurs, so a long way to go and the only way is up....who sang that? (I know the answer by the way)!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Benny on August 18, 2018, 11:15:20 PM
I see you have a night off from the circus then Statto......good for you matey a rest well needed. You must feel like a right bell saying Sess for LB last week as I guess no one else could of miss hit / scuffed that ball across the box like that....

Please give us more of your interesting views and facts as it keeps everyone on the forum laughing, but please don't give up the job at the circus buddy. I'll let you get back to sniffing your dads y-fronts.

What bizarre posts... why are we playing the man not the ball? This is a fan forum, no need for personal comments like this...

Lighthouse

Two things. I don't think we can look on games and say we need such and such a points tally. I have a feeling we can pick up points against teams we wouldn't expect to and visa versa. There is only panic when we start to play poorly and in the first two matches we have looked really very good albeit in flashes.

Secondly if you don't like something a poster has said or for some reason the poster themselves. Then by all means debate. Even the odd light hearted banter is fine. But we can all do with less of the sarcasm. Too many posters hate me and I hate them but we can still debate like growd ups. Let's keep this special season a pleasure on and off the pitch.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

RaySmith

Agree - much too soon to panic, and can only make things worse. Talk of 'must win' games is never good as far as I'm concerned, but now specially, just puts too much pressure on the team if the manager was to talk like that, and can sow unrest amongst fans.

Now we need to be fully behind manager and team.

Bring on the next game.

Mince n Tatties

The Boss is obviously experimenting at the moment, as it has to be the reason why Cyrus was benched today,he was superb against Palace.
Schurrle as well,don't know why he never started to be honest.

hovewhite

Loads of negative stuff on here as I would expect a state of panic and alarm.
Karen Brady's article in the sun posed an alternative strategy yesterday and did make me wonder what if?

Twig

When we do so much business very late in the season it is blindingly obvious that the team will take time to gel.  Some posters disputed my view that pre-season games are important (for this very reason) and they are being proved wrong.  I think we will probably have a point or three on the board before the Watford game but there seems little doubt that potential points are going begging. 
On the bright side I think we can look forward to some decent performances in due course, just need to be patient.

Twig

And Schurrle is quicker than AK? Remind me not to seek advice from you.

choice_of_ends

Quote from: Statto on August 18, 2018, 07:35:15 PM

Think this post will be about as accurate as your last one, which was the claim that Schurrle is faster than AK47, in other words I think you may have got the functions of your mouth and backside the wrong way around today mate!
How much do you think we'll get out of the matches against Burnley, Brighton and City? We have been outclassed quite recently. And I fear we won't have fixed it before the Watford game.

MJG

Quote from: choice_of_ends on August 19, 2018, 10:44:57 AM

How much do you think we'll get out of the matches against Burnley, Brighton and City? We have been outclassed quite recently. And I fear we won't have fixed it before the Watford game.
I'd be looking for three, preferably four points from those games.
Just the views of a long term fan

Sgt Fulham

Does anyone remember the last time we played spurs at home? We were completely battered. It could have been 10 nil. We are so much better now, and I bet we get something from them at home. When it clicks all will be fine.

Statto

Quote from: MJG on August 19, 2018, 10:46:38 AM

exactly

choice_of_ends

Quote from: MJG on August 19, 2018, 10:46:38 AM

That means we have to shot more goals than we concede. Quite a challenge with this defence. Need Ream and Mawson in the back 4, for me Chambers was very weak in both games, if not the weakest. Additionally, our two CDM Kmac and Anguissa both on the pitch to stabilise the defence. Maybe I could agree on 4 points from those games.

Almost forgot: Schurrle as well in the Starting XI ;-)

choice_of_ends

Quote from: Twig on August 19, 2018, 08:51:10 AM

And Schurrle is quicker than AK? Remind me not to seek advice from you.
As I said before, football is not only about maximum speed, it is also about transferring high speed into controlled movement. For me Schurrle is ahead of AK and fits better to Sess.

bornafulhamfan

I would be happy with four points. I think Burnley is one of the best teams defensively and I would be happy with a draw there. As for the Brighton game, I would really want us to beat them.