watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

My thoughts

Started by bornafulhamfan, August 18, 2018, 10:21:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bornafulhamfan

Fabri-looked pretty good to me, had decent saves, none of the goals were his fault, made some errors but he corrected them quickly. I would start him next game too.

Fosu-Mensah-looked really good to me until he got that injury in first half when trying to block a shot. I think he played through pain in the second half or at least it looked to me like he did. Don't know if I would start him or Christie in the next game.

Chambers-worst player on the pitch imo. Made a lot of mistakes both defensively and offensively. I would maybe try Fosu-Mensah there and play Christie at rb.

MLM-MOTM for me, as I said after the first game I don't think he should be dropped for Ream as he did nothing wrong. I really liked him against Palace and after this game I like him even more. Imo he deserves to be a starter even when Ream is fit, because of his performances. His passing could maybe be a bit better, but defensively he is immense, I can see a Mawson-MLM cb pairing when both are fit.

Bryan-I think he was even better than in the first game, he cuts down to the middle,goes super wide, crosses, passes, tackles, a real fullback imo. Think he was a bit exposed defensively because of Kamara. Lovely cross for Sess to set up Mitro for the goal. Of course I think he should start next game.

Zambo-looked class in first half, but tired in the second half. Think he will be a tremendous signing once fully fit. Good in defense and in offense. He should start next game too imo, as we need to make minimal changes to our lineup and I see him as a starter.

Cairney-looks like a premier league midfielder. I feel the safest when he has a ball in his feet. Beginning to have a nice connection with Seri. He was maybe a little tired too in the second half. Should start next game too, as I think there's no reason to drop him for Johansen.

Seri-he looks really classy. Some brilliant passes, great tackles and always wants the ball, brilliant box-to-box midfielder and a huge upgrade on Johansen. Should start next game ofc, he is maybe even our star player.

Sessegnon-looked better than in the Palace game, but still haven't found his feet in Premier league. The assist should raise his confidence. Should start next game for the same reason as Zambo.

Kamara-looked pretty poor to me. He gave his all, ran all over the pitch, but really bad defensively often leaving Bryan to guard two players by himself. Think he should be dropped for Schuerrle.

Mitrović-looked good to me, but he has practically zero support. I feel that almost all of his chances were the chances he created all on his own. Schuerrle could be good support for him and I would even try playing Vietto on the wing in some game as he looked good to me in his cameo appearance against Palace. Don't think we have any one else who could play in the same way he plays and should be a deffo starter every game.

All in all, I think all of our players looked good individually(maybe bar Chambers, who needs to improve massively imo if he wants to be a regular starter), but need to become a good team. When we gel in, I can see us upsetting any team in this league. COYW

@jolslover

Good summary. Agree with it.
STH H3

Moltobueno

Pretty much my own thoughts aswell :)

Although I think/hope Chambers just had a bad day - he was really good against Palace.

Christie seemed better than Fosu-Mensah and don't forget, we can use Odoi for the next game aswell ;)

bornafulhamfan

bornafulhamfan

Quote from: Moltobueno on August 19, 2018, 12:41:18 PM
Pretty much my own thoughts aswell :)

Although I think/hope Chambers just had a bad day - he was really good against Palace.

Christie seemed better than Fosu-Mensah and don't forget, we can use Odoi for the next game aswell ;)
I don't particularly like Chambers and I think Palaces first goal was his fault. I would like to see Christie as a rb and Fosu-Mensah as a rcb.

WolverineFFC

Quote from: bornafulhamfan on August 18, 2018, 10:21:34 PM
Fabri-looked pretty good to me, had decent saves, none of the goals were his fault, made some errors but he corrected them quickly. I would start him next game too.

Fosu-Mensah-looked really good to me until he got that injury in first half when trying to block a shot. I think he played through pain in the second half or at least it looked to me like he did. Don't know if I would start him or Christie in the next game.

Chambers-worst player on the pitch imo. Made a lot of mistakes both defensively and offensively. I would maybe try Fosu-Mensah there and play Christie at rb.

MLM-MOTM for me, as I said after the first game I don't think he should be dropped for Ream as he did nothing wrong. I really liked him against Palace and after this game I like him even more. Imo he deserves to be a starter even when Ream is fit, because of his performances. His passing could maybe be a bit better, but defensively he is immense, I can see a Mawson-MLM cb pairing when both are fit.

Bryan-I think he was even better than in the first game, he cuts down to the middle,goes super wide, crosses, passes, tackles, a real fullback imo. Think he was a bit exposed defensively because of Kamara. Lovely cross for Sess to set up Mitro for the goal. Of course I think he should start next game.

Zambo-looked class in first half, but tired in the second half. Think he will be a tremendous signing once fully fit. Good in defense and in offense. He should start next game too imo, as we need to make minimal changes to our lineup and I see him as a starter.

Cairney-looks like a premier league midfielder. I feel the safest when he has a ball in his feet. Beginning to have a nice connection with Seri. He was maybe a little tired too in the second half. Should start next game too, as I think there's no reason to drop him for Johansen.

Seri-he looks really classy. Some brilliant passes, great tackles and always wants the ball, brilliant box-to-box midfielder and a huge upgrade on Johansen. Should start next game ofc, he is maybe even our star player.

Sessegnon-looked better than in the Palace game, but still haven't found his feet in Premier league. The assist should raise his confidence. Should start next game for the same reason as Zambo.

Kamara-looked pretty poor to me. He gave his all, ran all over the pitch, but really bad defensively often leaving Bryan to guard two players by himself. Think he should be dropped for Schuerrle.

Mitrović-looked good to me, but he has practically zero support. I feel that almost all of his chances were the chances he created all on his own. Schuerrle could be good support for him and I would even try playing Vietto on the wing in some game as he looked good to me in his cameo appearance against Palace. Don't think we have any one else who could play in the same way he plays and should be a deffo starter every game.

All in all, I think all of our players looked good individually(maybe bar Chambers, who needs to improve massively imo if he wants to be a regular starter), but need to become a good team. When we gel in, I can see us upsetting any team in this league. COYW

Chambers had a poor one. That 3rd goal by Kane. He just has to be better than that. He misplaced several passes too. I don't like to judge defenders on one or two games, but I am questioning whether he or Odoi would be a better fit for the Burnley game at this point.

Think you are being a bit harsh on Kamara. His positional sense does seem to be lacking on the defensive side, but I do not think he is a left sided player either. There was something tactically Joka was trying to exploit, but it didn't come off well. Kamara placed one on a platter for Mitro in the 2nd half which he scuffed on his left. That could have put the club up 2-1 and we are maybe talking about a different game.

The rest I think is pretty spot on.

Tabby

There is also the question of how much Slavisa told Kamara to defend. Might have been ordered to be higher up the pitch.

FulhamStu

Spot on assessment of the players.  Agree 100%