watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

My Take on the game

Started by SerbKnight, August 19, 2018, 03:07:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

itombomb

Watched the second half and highlights of the first.

Chambers looked shocking at times, don't have very much confidence in him.

Any time AK was on the left he wasn't supporting Bryan, which left Moura and Tripper 2 on 1 the whole time, which was just tactically very stupid when they are way more dangerous on the right side than the left.

Anguissa looked good, but will need to get up to the pace of the game - though for their 3rd goal it seemed a clear foul on Anguissa to me, Ali clearly stepped across him.

cmg

I totally agree that questioning Sess's suitability at this level is misplaced and ludicrously premature.

However I am puzzled as to why he was played predominantly on the right yesterday.
I have seen him play for England (his u21 game I think) on the right and thought him less effective there. He has a decent right foot for a left-footer, but I don't really see him as 'cut in from the right onto the left-foot' sort of player. We did have one of those once and we do have, in Schurrle, the opposite type - but he didn't start yesterday.

I presume there is some obvious reason for this, as not much mention has been made of it.

Statto

Quote from: Milo on August 19, 2018, 11:27:58 AM
Quote from: Statto on August 19, 2018, 10:37:44 AM
Cannot understand the criticism of Sessegnon.

We've scored one bloody goal this season and quelle surprise he was involved, just as he always is.

On the commentary I watched they said his pass was to mitro was a Mis-hit shot. Bloody idiots who didn't watch him last season, obviously. The lad has the quickest brain and best first touch on our team . No he doesn't "run at defenders such as AK does" (never has, never will, how has this not been noticed!?) but I can tell you now, if that ball he knocked back to Mitro had fallen to AK instead of sess it would gone straight into row Z because for first touch and intelligence Ak, with all respect to him, is at the opposite end of the spectrum.

The thing that comforts me from the two games so far is our manager shares my view and won't drop him, and clearly, he's going to continue to get goals and assists at this level. But no doubt every week or so they'll be some pundit saying he should run at people.

I think AK's touch, pass, and decision making improved a great deal suddenly at the end of last season! Looked a completely different player. I think he will surprise you this season!

To clarify I am not criticising AK, I think he's decent, and would probably prefer him to keep his place v Burnley rather than Schurrle (although i reckon joka will bring schurrle back in)

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I'm a big fan of Sess but hink I watched a different game to some of you.
The 'pass' that led to out goal was actually a golden opportunity which Sess
totally mishit
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Tabby

Quote from: cmg on August 19, 2018, 11:55:44 AM

I totally agree that questioning Sess's suitability at this level is misplaced and ludicrously premature.

However I am puzzled as to why he was played predominantly on the right yesterday.
I have seen him play for England (his u21 game I think) on the right and thought him less effective there. He has a decent right foot for a left-footer, but I don't really see him as 'cut in from the right onto the left-foot' sort of player. We did have one of those once and we do have, in Schurrle, the opposite type - but he didn't start yesterday.

I presume there is some obvious reason for this, as not much mention has been made of it.

Think it is to get our wide men to cut inside onto their better foot considering the three back line and Mitro darting outside. Get them to cross over eachother, which they managed a couple of times.

Think Kamara is better on the right and Sess is better on the left though.

WolverineFFC

Quote from: cmg on August 19, 2018, 11:55:44 AM

Quote from: itombomb on August 19, 2018, 11:51:06 AM
Watched the second half and highlights of the first.

Chambers looked shocking at times, don't have very much confidence in him.

Any time AK was on the left he wasn't supporting Bryan, which left Moura and Tripper 2 on 1 the whole time, which was just tactically very stupid when they are way more dangerous on the right side than the left.

Anguissa looked good, but will need to get up to the pace of the game - though for their 3rd goal it seemed a clear foul on Anguissa to me, Ali clearly stepped across him.

On Anguissa, Taylor totally blew that foul on him before the 3rd goal. Alli ran right across him without any attempt on the ball.

Anguissa also gave away the foul that lead to Trippier's goal. He was fatigued and it indirectly lead to both goals.

Statto

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on August 19, 2018, 01:57:15 PM
I'm a big fan of Sess but hink I watched a different game to some of you.
The 'pass' that led to out goal was actually a golden opportunity which Sess
totally mishit

No. Rewatch it. On the offal now.

Westlondonffc

Disagree about Fosu Mensah. I thought he had quite a bad game to be honest

Bracken White

From what I have seen, a sub-standard goalkeeper has unfairly replaced our safe stalwart from last season. His flaps, fumbles & drops are amateurish - I cannot fathom how he has been given the nod.
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

Neil D

People talk about Kamara's pace but - though I am a long-standing fan of him as a player - watching him on a big pitch like Wembley, I got the impression that he doesn't have great acceleration from a standing start.  It takes quite a few paces before he really gets moving and it was devastating when he did in the Championship because he had more time with the ball.  I'm not sure this will be the case in the PL.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Bracken White on August 19, 2018, 07:10:43 PM
From what I have seen, a sub-standard goalkeeper has unfairly replaced our safe stalwart from last season. His flaps, fumbles & drops are amateurish - I cannot fathom how he has been given the nod.

I tend to agree.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

YankeeJim

So your the gaffer for Fulham's opponent du jour. What do you do? You deny service to Mitro and push the game to the opposite side of Sess. You also keep a defender near him so as to shut down the cross field ball. Viola! You have put a serious hitch in Fulham's attack. Fulham's answer? Go out and buy a WC winning rt side attacker. Hopfully when  Schürrle beds in, those problems will be lessened.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

PartizanFC

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 19, 2018, 09:51:20 AM
Fabri 4/10...More like 7 and Mitro didn't deserve your 8,should have put us 2-1 up.

Very brainless post
Can you count misses of Totenham captain...who also scored just 1 goal?5?even more?Does he needed to run to his defence every time or he waited attacks on center?did he defended corners and then run and try something...in most time with little support?did you realize that Mitro was unlucky?no..he ruin our game...
maybe you dont deserve that kind of player