Started by bornafulhamfan, August 19, 2018, 01:09:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bornafulhamfan

I would use these players:

Fabri
Christie Fosu-Mensah MLM Bryan
Seri Zambo Cairney
Sess Mitro Vietto

Bench: Rico, Chambers, Kmac, Johansen, Kamara, Kebano, Schuerrle.

I would really like to see more of Vietto and I think he would be good on either wing.

Statto

My XI would be

Fabri
Fosu-Mensah - Chambers - MLM - Bryan
Seri - Zambo - Cairney
Kamara - Mitro - Sessegnon

Explanation:

• I'd keep Chambers and MLM notwithstanding Chambers' poor form, just because IMO we need consistency there until Mawson comes in
  • As for RW I'd have Kamara but I reckon Jokanovic will bring Schurrle back. I also agree with you it would be good to see more of Vietto
  • I'd have Sessegnon back on the left

bornafulhamfan

Quote from: Statto on August 19, 2018, 01:34:05 PM
My XI would be

Fabri
Seri - Zambo - Cairney

Explanation:

• I'd keep Chambers and MLM notwithstanding Chambers' poor form, just because IMO we need consistency there until Mawson comes in
  • As for RW I'd have Kamara but I reckon Jokanovic will bring Schurrle back. I also agree with you it would be good to see more of Vietto
Maybe you're right, but if Chambers has another dodgy game he needs to be dropped, so Burnley should be his last chance then. As for Sessegnon, I would maybe try him on rw for another game, because you can't properly judge his performance there on a game against Spurs and Schuerrle seems to like lw position more than rw position but we'll see.

choice_of_ends

My XI would be

Fabri
Seri - Zambo - Cairney

Explanation:

IMO a 4-3-3 is too offensive for our squad in the Premier League. With our possession game it was the perfect fit for the Championship, but in the PL the opponents are better organised and experienced.
I'd rather go for a 4-2-3-1 with McDonald and Anguissa both stabilising our full backs. Cairney or Seri between Schurrle and Sess feeding Mitro. As long as Fabri shows confidence I'd keep him between the sticks, could try Rico v Exeter. Fullbacks are most difficult, I'd like to see Mawson and Ream performing. If it works, together with Christie and MLM.

JoelH5

My XI would be

Fabri
Fosu-Mensah - Ream if fit (Chambers) - MLM - Bryan
Seri - Zambo - Cairney
Kamara - Mitro - Schürrle

Would sub AK or Shürrle for Vietto around 65th
I was there, standing in the Putney end

F.luke

Betts
Chistie Ream if fit (Chambers) - MLM - Bryan
Seri - Zambo - kmac - Cairney - Sess
Mitro

S.F.Sorrow

My XI would be

Fabri
Seri - Zambo - Cairney

Explanation:

Agreed, except I would probably replace Chambers with Odoi. Not ideal but Chambers has been very poor IMO.

Facts Not Fiction

Fabri

Christie Chambers Le Marchand Bryan

Seri Anguissa Cairney

Schurrle Mitrovic Sessegnon

twang

Bettinelli
Christie - Ream/Odoi - Le Marchand - Bryan
Cairney - Anguissa - Seri
Schürrle - Mitrovic - Sessegnon

Woolly Mammoth

Whatever the starting eleven, and we have plenty of choice in most positions, and Burnley are a solid outfit. Being at home as well, we need a result, and preferably a win, for confidence and team morale, as well as the need to get points on the board.
We have the players and the quality to achieve our first points very soon.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Barrett487

Fabri
Christie
Odoi
MLM
Bryan
Aggi
Seri
Cairney
Schurrle
Seas
Mitro

Skatzoffc

Fabri
Mensah - Odoi - Le Marchand - Bryan
Cairney - Anguissa - Seri
AK - Mitrovic - Sessegnon

Mensah was up against Spurs so I feel some have been a tad harsh on him.
I would prefer AK, but think Joka will bring back Schurrle, with AK subbed on early 2nd period.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

New Kid on the Block

What have KMac and Christie done wrong to warrant exclusion from most people's line ups? I think they were at least OK, and didn't really put a foot wrong. Strange.

hovewhite

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on August 19, 2018, 10:15:55 PM
Fabri

Seri Anguissa Cairney

that's the team i would be happy to see as think this is 3 points,plus a victory would be 3points towards the 37 needed.

F(f)CUK

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on August 19, 2018, 10:15:55 PM
Fabri

Seri Anguissa Cairney

:plus one: If I was to make another change it would be Rico for Fabri but I agree that his first game may be Exeter.

MrFFC

For me

Fabri

Fosu-Mensah    Chambers   Le Marchand      Bryan

Seri     Aguissa    Cairney

Sessegnon                                  Schurrle

Mitrovic

Subs - Rico , Christie , Ream , McDonald , Johansen , Kamara , Vietto

Odoi , Ayite , Kebano not even making the bench shows the depth of our squad now!!
Come on you Whites!! :)

choice_of_ends

Having watched both games on television again, I must confess I do not understand the discussion about Fabri. I would rather expect a discussion about Chambers. He was involved in three of our five goals conceded.

We Are Premier League

Quote from: MrFFC on August 20, 2018, 08:54:19 PM
For me

Fabri

Mitrovic

Subs - Rico , Christie , Ream , McDonald , Johansen , Kamara , Vietto

Odoi , Ayite , Kebano not even making the bench shows the depth of our squad now!!
:plus one:

Denver Fulham

We'll have the ball and we're at home, so I expect the Palace lineup, but with Anguissa in for McDonald.

love4ffc

*Agree with those who leave the back the same.  Including Fabri even though he is making me more and more nervous.  it's just too soon to pass judgement on him.   

*Bryan remains but Ak goes to the bench as we need someone to offer better cover down the left side. 

*Midfield remain the same from Spurs match but would like to see Sess back on the left and Shurrle on the right up top splitting Mitro. 

*Can understand people wanting to get away from the attack minded 4-3-3 formation but I just can't see it.  Slav likes and believes in the possession game. If the team is able to gel more then I do believe over time the system will work.  Of course that means the players do need to start making quicker decisions and faster one touch passes, especially in the box. 

Fabri

Mitrovic

Like the idea of seeing some of Vietto. 

Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?