watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Citeh

Started by Stevieboy, August 19, 2018, 03:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevieboy

Well I must say I'm glad  we're not playing Citeh for awhile .....what......are you sure.........when .......oooops!!!!!!!

bornafulhamfan

That's the game I would be super happy if we don't concede more than three goals. If someone offered me 2-0 loss, I would sign that with no hesitation.

fulhamben

we should just fail to turn up, take the statutory 3 0 loss and pay the small fine
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Fulham76

No one can touch Man City at the moment.

Unlikely we'll get anything from the game, probably not even a corner but everyone knows that, which takes the pressure right off. And it's another game for the new players to learn a bit more about each other without too much pressure.

ProfficerFFC

I remember that early in the 2011/12 season City were absolutely annihilating everything that stood in their way, and yet Fulham, who were bottom of the league, came back from 2-0 down to draw with them. I think this was the only game where they dropped points in the first 15 or so games that season.
This time it's away though, so it will be a LOT harder.

YoungsBitter

I watched the game against Huddersfield with a degree of horror as they did what we did yesterday, not pressing but staying in a solid two banks of 4 and leaving Mendy so open on the wing as they tried to stay narrow to block them coming through from midfield - like we did with Dier yesterday.  I hope we have learned how to set up for the best defensive cover by the time we go to the Etihad, and that is not Kamara in front of Bryan.
Quark, strangeness and charm

SWSixer

They looked sensational.
Didn't miss a beat without De Bruyne.

hovewhite

Scary very scary indeed!

Hatch007

Quote from: YoungsBitter on August 19, 2018, 10:40:45 PM
I watched the game against Huddersfield with a degree of horror as they did what we did yesterday, not pressing but staying in a solid two banks of 4 and leaving Mendy so open on the wing as they tried to stay narrow to block them coming through from midfield - like we did with Dier yesterday.  I hope we have learned how to set up for the best defensive cover by the time we go to the Etihad, and that is not Kamara in front of Bryan.

I agree about Kamara. I'm a massive fan of his potential but he gave Trippier so much room it was insane. I sat next to my dad at the game and for the life of us we could not fathom why Kamara or Bryan allowed him so much space.

Luckily for us Trippier's crossing was woeful in the first half otherwise we could have been three or four down by HT.

Strangely though, when Kamara plays on the right he seems to track back much better IMO. I can't believe Slav didn't send out instructions after 10-15 mins for Bryan/Kamara to get tighter on Trippier since the majority of Spurs' threat was blatantly coming down our left flank!

Burt

Quote from: ProfficerFFC on August 19, 2018, 10:36:40 PM
I remember that early in the 2011/12 season City were absolutely annihilating everything that stood in their way, and yet Fulham, who were bottom of the league, came back from 2-0 down to draw with them. I think this was the only game where they dropped points in the first 15 or so games that season.
This time it's away though, so it will be a LOT harder.

Remember that - they "did the Poznan" after scoring each of their first two goals, and when we scored our equalizer we reciprocated in kind. Childish, but fun :)

RaySmith

Reminds me that tickets for the game at City for ALL St holders and members go on sale at 10 today, at £30 and concessions prices.
Update -Now I'm told by Ticketmaster  that tickets are only available to members  with 100 plus points, which contradicts what it says on the main  site, that tickets are available to ALL members from 10 today.

Tickets now available to all St holders and Members.

The last time I was there was  the legendary Great Escape 3-2 victory, coming back from 2-0 down at half -time.

I've got my ticket - hope we don't get hammered, brilliant if we can get anything from this.

Mince n Tatties

Yes they were impressive, but also Huddersfield were abysmal.. If they don't get relegated I'll eat my carpet slippers with cheese on.👞🍝

Woolly Mammoth

You cannot do that after wearing them to football all these years. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

sunburywhite

And we also beat them 3-2 to start the great escape
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me