watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bettinelli

Started by Fulhamboy1111, August 19, 2018, 10:38:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulhamboy1111

My son and i met Marcus this afternoon after his Q&A with a whole load of budding young goalkeepers at a training camp. He was brilliant, top man, conducted himself so well all the kids were in awe. Massive queue for photo's and autographs but he had time for everyone. Got The Wembley programme signed and my sons shirt, my son was made up, as was I. Rest assured he's up for his latest challenge to win back his rightfully deserved place and I for one can't wait for him to get his chance in the Prem. Betts will have a say in this  season I have no doubt, he is Fulham thru and thru. COYW's. ps listening to him talk with so much passion about our team and that wonderful promotion run and win was unreal. He is comes across as a real fighter and he'll be back⚽️⚽️⚽️

Twig

Exactly.  I have never understood why we make lot of the fact that Sess is one of our own but we don't give that same accolade to Betts.  It's equally deserved but for some reason we haven't quite taken him to our hearts in the same way. Odd.

Woolly Mammoth

I am also a firm believer that given the chance he will get his place back.
As has been said, he is Fulham through and through, and every team needs its heart beat.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

alfie

I think we as supporters tend to forget sometimes  that managers/coaches also have opinions on players. I made the point once before that whenever a player is mentioned on here we get comments of "not premiership quality"  now maybe Slav has that opinion on Betts and has brought in 2 keepers who he feels are better options for the premiership than Betts, in saying that I also maintain that how do you know a player is not PQ unless you try them.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

RaySmith

Good point Alfie.

But I suppose the manager tries to make objective decisions about who is best in any position.

But Betts can keep working, and hope he that he might get an opportunity to prove himself, again.
We all know how important he was to us getting promoted last season, after coming back after again being dropped after injury.

Fulhamboy1111

Agree that we need to improve the quality of the team to cope in the PL and this of course means striking a balance between introducing new players and giving opportunities to those players that got you there. Bet's is still young in GK terms and in my view must be given his chance. I think he can definitely make the step up, I thought he was outstanding for us last season.

Skatzoffc

Imo Joka is a good man manager.

He has thrown down the guantlet to Betts to up his game and win back his place.

I believe Betts has the spirit to do just that.
In the end, he will be a better professional for this.

COYW!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Holders

He brought Fabri in as an upgrade on Button then Rico as cover when Bettinelli was injured in preseason. No-one can ever know for sure how long an injury will take and that was sensible but the consequence is that we now have three PL-ready keepers and they'll have to fight for the jersey.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

hovewhite

We trust in slav,also Betts i think signed an extension and he's the youngest and don't think slav doesn't rate him he's just still learning and more competition improves his level.

grandad

If there is a question regarding communication with our back 3 or 4 or 5 I would have Betts in the starting 11 at the moment. The place was his to lose & not his to win back.
Where there's a will there's a wife

KJS

Quote from: grandad on August 20, 2018, 06:26:43 PM
If there is a question regarding communication with our back 3 or 4 or 5 I would have Betts in the starting 11 at the moment. The place was his to lose & not his to win back.

Agree but unfortunately due to his outburst on TWATTER he has a lot of bridges to build before he gets another chance

I Ronic

Quote from: KJS on August 20, 2018, 06:34:30 PM

Agree but unfortunately due to his outburst on TWATTER he has a lot of bridges to build before he gets another chance

Putting Betts Twitter outburst into context, our manager, not that long ago. Said publicly that if the Chairman didn't back him, he should sack him.

bog

Quote from: Twig on August 19, 2018, 11:03:07 PM
Exactly.  I have never understood why we make lot of the fact that Sess is one of our own but we don't give that same accolade to Betts.  It's equally deserved but for some reason we haven't quite taken him to our hearts in the same way. Odd.

I have always thought just the same.

092.gif

KJS

Quote from: I Ronic on August 20, 2018, 08:41:34 PM
Quote from: KJS on August 20, 2018, 06:34:30 PM

Putting Betts Twitter outburst into context, our manager, not that long ago. Said publicly that if the Chairman didn't back him, he should sack him.

Just shows that the Chairman needed Slav more than Slav needs Betts

I Ronic

That might be so at the moment. However there's a long season ahead. I hope the lad gets his place back at some point. What gets him back will make him a better keeper.

toshes mate

I do hope that Fulham's man management at coaching level is rather more engineered toward the benefits of having viable options for any position in the team than this thread makes out.  One of the transitions I have seen since SJ's arrival at Craven Cottage is that he involves and includes all those who can make first team duty and only relegates those who cannot be bothered elsewhere.  I don't think it is a punishment regime so much as a repayment for hard work regime.   We don't as yet, IMO, have a settled 'keeper since there are question marks about defence and midfield too.  Give it a couple of months and the picture will be clearer.

love4ffc

Sad, can't see Betts being at FFC come next transfer window if he is not given a match by then to prove himself. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

love4ffc

Don't won't to read to much into it but, there isn't one photo of Betts in the latest training photos.  There is a pic of Fabri and several of Rico but no Betts  :023:
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: love4ffc on August 23, 2018, 01:51:31 PM
Don't won't to read to much into it but, there isn't one photo of Betts in the latest training photos.  There is a pic of Fabri and several of Rico but no Betts  :023:

Maybe he is in the gym, or going through the steps on conditioning.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.