watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Advice on getting to the game on Sunday

Started by Neil D, August 20, 2018, 12:53:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil D

I have always gone the games via Putney Bridge station, usually from Edgware Rd via the Chiltern Line to Marylebone.  This option is not available on Sunday but Parsons Green is  open.  How long would it take to walk from there to the ground or should I get off at West Brompton and take the replacement bus to Putney Bridge (allegedly 13 minutes, according to TfL)?

Hugh Gentry

On;ly 5 or 10 minutes longer than Putney Bridge and you go past much better pubs

HamsterWheel

Alternatively take the tube to Hammersmith and its a 20 minute walk from there. Past The Distillers where you can usually get a seat (not sure about 4pm Sunday games!!).

choice_of_ends

If you come by car then using ,justpark' might be an option instead of parking miles away and using the tube. At ,justpark' you can book a parking slot from private persons for a cut price.

Neil D

Thanks.  I think the slightly longer walk from Parsons Green  will involve the least hassle. 

One James stannard

Come out of Parsons Green station, turn left until your at the traffic lights on Fulham road, Turn left again walk along the Fulham road for 10/15 minutes then your at the the junction with Fulham palace road   :54:

Twig

Hammersmith is closer and you still get a pleasant walk by the Thames

snarks

Parsons Green is just over 1 mile from the Ground, whereas Hammersmith is about 1.5 miles, very little in it to be honest.

I'll be doing the Parsons Green walk to the cottage

revengeanceful

Went to a match at the Cottage last year and, after seeing the line for the tube at Putney Bridge after the match we walked from there to Parsons Green.  Nice walk past some good shops, pubs and restaurants.