watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Brentford's new stadia

Started by H4usuallysitting, August 20, 2018, 11:51:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

Had a passenger on board - so couldn't stop..... Lionel Road South is now shut to traffic & concrete is coming out of the ground.....it appears that when finished you will see it from Kew bridge......and, no - the passenger didn't tip me

Arthur

How many are Brentford building? I would have thought one stadium was sufficient for the size of their support.

H4usuallysitting

Just the 2 stadium's....the old one & new..... I'm assuming they'll knock down the old one, and replace with posh residential/s

toshes mate

I thought it was a 'community' stadium being built with shared use.  Obviously Brentford already have a disposal plan for Griffin Park.

Holders

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on August 21, 2018, 07:43:24 AM
Just the 2 stadium's....the old one & new..... I'm assuming they'll knock down the old one, and replace with posh residential/s

So they'll have one old stadium, one new stadium and, for a time, two stadia in all.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

gerrys

But the heading says "...new stadia...", it infers that they are both new   :022:

Holders

Quote from: gerrys on August 21, 2018, 08:59:36 AM
But the heading says "...new stadia...", it infers that they are both new   :022:

That's what puzzled me.

grandad

They don´t need a new stadium. They only had 10k for their match vs Sheffield Wednesday.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Holders

Maybe the present one is too big.

Wolf

Quote from: Holders on August 21, 2018, 10:23:10 AM
Maybe the present one is too big.

They're downsizing now they only host one cup final each season instead of two.
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

bobbo

I'm enjoying the sarcasm on this subject. Although unlike many others, I have no dislike for Brentford or any f our local clubs, Chelsea included.
But Brentford fans above all others love to dig us out, an old work colleague only said to me a few days ago sorry you went up , where will we get those easy points from this season.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

H4usuallysitting

Your right, London Irish will be sharing the new stadia, the third stadium being the scale model built by the architect's.....who I understand don't understand what a tip is....after all I'm just a poor cabby

KJS

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on August 21, 2018, 01:35:26 PM
Your right, London Irish will be sharing the new stadia, the third stadium being the scale model built by the architect's.....who I understand don't understand what a tip is....after all I'm just a poor cabby

No such thing as a Poor Cabbie in London!!  :003:

grandad

The new one will have a capacity of only 17k. Same size as the Hahadome. Not very ambitious.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Burt

b+w geezer

:022:
Quote from: gerrys on August 21, 2018, 08:59:36 AM
If we're being pedantic here (and why not?) the heading implies, its readers infer from it.  :022:

MikeW

Drones eye view .... does it include a pitch somewhere?
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

FulhamKC

Has any decision been announced on what will be built on the old ground? I suspect it is a very pricey piece of dirt.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: FulhamKC on August 23, 2018, 12:22:52 AM
Has any decision been announced on what will be built on the old ground? I suspect it is a very pricey piece of dirt.

A Public Convenience.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Vinnieffc

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on August 21, 2018, 01:35:26 PM

Good move for Irish, back nearer to original home and much easier to get to than the God forsaken lego bowl that is the Madejski..