more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

SJ contract rumour

Started by Barrett487, August 21, 2018, 12:02:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

love4ffc

Good news and would prove that he isn't ready to move on  :wine:
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

hovewhite

A most key important sighning that would be.

BernieBoy

Fingers crossed this gets sorted ASAP, we do not need any distractions later in the season of this is still not done. Get it done early and we can focus on build a solid PL outfit for the coming years - like we were before!

Barrett487

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1006510/Fulham-news-Slavisa-Jokanovic-contract-talks

Slavisa Jokanovic puts contract talks on the back burner - EXCLUSIVE
Fulham news: Slavisa Jokanovic has put off any talks over a new contract until Christmas.

The club have offered the Serb, who led the club to promotion to the Premier League via the play-offs last summer and has one year left on his current contract, a new three-year deal to keep him at Fulham until 2022.

Jokanovic, though, wants to put off any talks until he has steered Fulham through the first few months of their first season back in the top flight for four years.

Fulham owner Shahid Khan has backed his 50 year old manager with a more than £100million spending spree on a dozen new players this summer.

Jokanovic, who walked out of Watford after winning promotion with them in 2015 over a contract dispute, is keen on signing but, after two defeats in his opening two games, he wants to stabilise matters on the pitch before going into any further negotiations.

Statto

Makes sense for all parties to delay it IMO. The time to get him tied down was May/June, but that window has passed us by.

Now, whilst we all hope/expect this team will come good shortly, there's no guarantee. If we don't pick up a couple of points in the next two games, we could get a spanking off City and be looking at a Magath-esque start to the season, bottom of the table, confidence at rock bottom, and with Roy Hodgson being unavailable, relegation nailed on. It really could turn that dramatically and that quickly.

In that case the club would want rid of Jokanovic. He'd probably want out as well, spinning the (plausible) narrative that Tony Khan gambled on a lot of expensive egos, a league of nations unaccustomed to the PL, brought in too late (or injured) to prepare for a season where we were only ever going to survive by a fine margin of 3-6 pts.

This season really could go either way.

love4ffc

Too bad but, agree with Statto that it makes sense at this point in time. 

Time to concentrate on getting the team in winning form and hopefully mid-table. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

elgreenio

i'm a bit more sceptical on this. I just fail to believe that it wouldnt be done already had he wanted it done, or in the upcoming international break. I can however understand SJ waiting until the transfer window closed to see whether the board would back him, they've done that.

Is there also a bit of feeling in players minds that "if he's not commited already does he want to be here with us" etc.

Also not sure how involved Tony Khan is with the Jags, NFL season kicks off in a couple of weeks....

touch my camera through the fence

MJG

Maybe need a few more responses but I'm surprised at the early replies here and on twitter.
Two weeks ago he was the most important signing we could make, now after two defeats.... Its fine, we can wait, makes sense.
Just the views of a long term fan

Statto

Quote from: MJG on August 22, 2018, 06:33:46 AM
Maybe need a few more responses but I'm surprised at the early replies here and on twitter.
Two weeks ago he was the most important signing we could make, now after two defeats.... Its fine, we can wait, makes sense.

Surely there's a very obvious explanation for that: we've started the season with 2 defeats since then. OK we've played strong opposition, there have been positive signs, and fans of a newly-promoted team always need to be patient, but it's still a little disappointing. The level of transfer spending has probably also raised expectations. We were after all, expected to beat Palace according to the bookies.

toshes mate

Quote from: MJG on August 22, 2018, 06:33:46 AM
Surely social media is one of the first places to look for evidence of the fickleness of human nature, not to mention the conclusion jumping. 
Already, on this page, there is an entry saying 'the board has backed SJ' when we all know that personnel would have been incoming no matter who was in charge of the players.
I am happy to wait and see what happens once the new and old players have had a fair chance to settle in together.  By October all concerned should have a better idea of how this team fits together.

MJG

I have to disagree, plenty of posts on here were about getting him tied down.
IF it true and he doesn't want to talk about it now that's a disappointment in my book. I have 100% faith in him and would want him signed now. I understood the wait till the window is closed view, its closed let's get it done and move on. Two defeats have not changed my mind on Slav.

bog

To me the most important signing we should make.

092.gif

Statto

Quote from: MJG on August 22, 2018, 08:16:43 AM
IF it true and he doesn't want to talk about it now that's a disappointment in my book. I have 100% faith in him and would want him signed now. I understood the wait till the window is closed view, its closed let's get it done and move on. Two defeats have not changed my mind on Slav.

OK so hypothetically, out of interest, What if it was 5 defeats?
Bearing in mind that whilst some clubs, eg Palace, have started the season that badly and still survived, it's generally involved a change of manager.

MJG

Quote from: Statto on August 22, 2018, 08:28:05 AM

OK so hypothetically, out of interest, What if it was 5 defeats?
Bearing in mind that whilst some clubs, eg Palace, have started the season that badly and still survived, it's generally involved a change of manager.
You are of course always reviewing and no manager is ever unsackable (Well Wenger maybe was), but for me its not about waiting to see if he loses 5 or we are in trouble at Xmas. You have to show faith.
At other end of scale we wait till xmas and we are midtable safe and he's being mentioned for other jobs. You for one, given your views on transfer window activity, would be one of the first on here saying we should have signed him up earlier, as would many others.

Woolly Mammoth

I am disappointed he has not signed, which signifies to me that there are seeds of doubt in his mind. But why, maybe he knows something we do not.
Nevertheless, he cannot go from hero to zero in two defeats.
It may of course work out better for both parties if it is adjourned until the end of the year.
But from the players point of view, would they not be wondering why.
No doubt by Christmas we will all have a much better idea how we are shaping up as a Premier team.
But this is no quick fix overnight. The profusion of players brought in at the last minute has added to the difficulties of settling in, with so many new players, whether the majority of the preseason recruitment could have been mastered earlier, we will never know, but in the end we signed a dozen, and a lot of them have shown how valuable they will be.
So it's patience all round, and Jok and his staff have the challenge of moulding them all into a team and a fighting unit.
The quality is there, we have seen examples of it in the first two matches. We have had two tough opening games, both London Derbys.
As for the team, It really is a case of wait and see. As for the Manager, he appears to agree on that analogy.

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

FulhamStu

I have 2 thoughts on this.
1.  Managers come and go whatever their contract situation so I really don't think it matters much, if he wants to stay he will, if he wants to go he will.  All a long contract does is commit Fulham to paying him more if he is sacked.
2.  Slav needs to be given time with these players.  Even with a more settled team, he has a consistent record of having much stronger 2nd halves of the season to 1st halves.   If we loss the first 5 games we need to hold our nerve and give him time.  I will start to properly judge this team after 10 games.   Playing his style takes a long time to perfect.   Long ball Colin or Sam football is much easier to coach but a technical passing game takes time.

grandad

Going to be a tense January window. Two things could happen. First one is if we are adrift at the bottom Slavisa or the Club may feel that a change is required. Slavisa would go followed by a mass exodus of players who came for Slavisa. We would then have to find a new manager & replacement players in this very short & expensive window.
The second scenario is that we are relatively safe in mid table & Slavisa will sign a new contract & tweak the squad to ensure we remain in the PL.
The last thing we need is there to be unrest in the camp with players minds diverted from the job in hand. The Club needs to all pull together.
Where there's a will there's a wife

HV71

Spot on - he is the man for the job long term. He has given us an identity , a way of playing, entertaining football and success,
. The step up always requires adjustment and given his mentality he will make it work. It ŵill take time and I want him to stay - he is the most important signing

Lighthouse

Well I don't care. I mean I really couldn't give a flying header into the top corner when or if the Coach signs a contract. I thank him for what he has done and thank him for what he wants to do. But if he signed a twenty year deal it would mean nothing anymore than not signing a contract. If we don't win a game by Christmas he will be sacked anyway. If he wins every game other clubs will be happy to take him. Players don't care and are not thinking anything about him wanting to sign or not sign.

He is not a coach who has a great deal of loyalty other than his own project. He has shown he likes and wants to build something at Fulham. What a job he has done. But we get far too bogged down in contracts. It means virtually nothing. He wants to stay or he wants to go and this season will go a long way in deciding what he decides or the club decide to do. Not a bit of paper.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope