https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Zambo

Started by BedsFFC, August 31, 2018, 01:48:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BedsFFC

I'm going to make quite a statement.

I think Zambo is going to be our new Dembele MK1

I've seen glimpses of something very special. The ability to put in short bursts of turbo that can take him past a player and also get back and putting his body in front of an opposition player and taking control of the ball.

I'm wrong often but I think this guy is going to be right up there (wherever there is) for us.

Also, like MD, he can't shoot

Andy S

If that's the case spurs will bein for him soon

nose returns

i think when he and one or two others really settle  we will all agree that we have found a few gems.

Woolly Mammoth

Yes I go along with that, he seems to possess that X Factor, which will make him an extraordinary player.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

fulhamben

Quote from: Andy S on August 31, 2018, 02:00:45 PM
If that's the case spurs will bein for him soon
doubt it, will take them a long time to pay off stadium debt.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

JOND999

might be a good player but not skilled enough to ever be worth 30m quid.

DevonFFC

Quote from: JOND999 on August 31, 2018, 03:43:45 PM

Followed French football closely did you?

One James stannard

Quote from: DevonFFC on August 31, 2018, 03:48:30 PM
Quote from: JOND999 on August 31, 2018, 03:43:45 PM

Followed French football closely did you?

That's what I was just thinking, surely we haven't seen enough to be knocking him.

I personally like the look of him,Seri,Bryan and Vietto all look like quality additions to our squad. Whatever we did end up paying for seri it was worth it. He is proper class

filham

He looks good and has promise but too early to make such strong judgements.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: filham on August 31, 2018, 04:10:54 PM
He looks good and has promise but too early to make such strong judgements.

Too early to knock him as well (I know you haven't Filham, just if I didn't reply to your message then my message wouldn't make sense).

JOND999

let me say it differently:  for 30m quid, shouldn't he arrive and impress without any reservations?

he is young, though.  could develop into quite a value.  we'll see.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: JOND999 on August 31, 2018, 04:28:07 PM
let me say it differently:  for 30m quid, shouldn't he arrive and impress without any reservations?

No he shouldn't. Fabinho at Lpool hasnt had a minute yet and had an entire pre-season. Felipe Anderson has had a torrid 3 games. Torreira hasn't started a game yet. Fred has looked poor and was nearly double the cost. It takes a few games to blood them no matter their value.

AllyWhite

He might be good or even better than Dembele Mk I (which is hard to surpass), but he's a totally different player from Moose. Moose is a more elegant skilful player that uses his upper body strength and skill to hold the ball and glide past players.

Zambo is more of a stronger more athletic player that breaks up play and redistributes the ball.

Milo

Dembele was, as others have said including Jol this week, so good because he was impossible to get the ball off due to his close control and strength. Let's see shall we!

General

Zambo and Seri in particular out of the new signings seem to have this aura about them of pure class.. they are rarely outdone, have ridiculous amounts of energy and read the game so well.. at times with zambo in particular I feel like he makes the pitch look so small based on his height and ability to get around the pitch.. at times I feel like he's holding himself back in order to play the game on our sized pitch. Looks effortless and so alert.

Seri's another.. money well spent on both.. Seri's ability to spot a pass and make it too and amongst the very best I've ever seen if not the best.. definitely at the cottage and maybe even further than that the league. You can tell I'm excited.

filham

Quote from: General on August 31, 2018, 06:24:49 PM
Zambo and Seri in particular out of the new signings seem to have this aura about them of pure class.. they are rarely outdone, have ridiculous amounts of energy and read the game so well.. at times with zambo in particular I feel like he makes the pitch look so small based on his height and ability to get around the pitch.. at times I feel like he's holding himself back in order to play the game on our sized pitch. Looks effortless and so alert.

Seri's another.. money well spent on both.. Seri's ability to spot a pass and make it too and amongst the very best I've ever seen if not the best.. definitely at the cottage and maybe even further than that the league. You can tell I'm excited.

Yes Seri looked real class from his first touch of the ball but we do need to see more of him before we start to praise him to the heavens. If he continues to shine throughout the season against the best and worst teams it is possible I may then go as far as saying "the best we have seen since Haynes" and that would be praise indeed.

MayoDomo

Quote from: JOND999 on August 31, 2018, 04:28:07 PM

I think with young players it's also important to look at them as an investment. Same reason Sess could be worth 50-100mil, he's not 'worth it' now, but in the future he will be a star, and teams will potentially sell him for even more once he reaches his prime. Zambo is 22, I wouldn't be surprised if/when we sell him it will be for much more than the ~22mil we bought him for.
For Fulham News, Opinions, and Streaming Updates Follow me at https://twitter.com/MayoDomo!

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Seri is gonna be the new Makelele.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

fulhamben

Quote from: filham on August 31, 2018, 07:28:55 PM
Quote from: General on August 31, 2018, 06:24:49 PM

Yes Seri looked real class from his first touch of the ball but we do need to see more of him before we start to praise him to the heavens. If he continues to shine throughout the season against the best and worst teams it is possible I may then go as far as saying "the best we have seen since Haynes" and that would be praise indeed.
really? Nearly everyone of our big signings, and the majority of our players from abroad have started really slowly, so much so that we have to have constant reminders about how it takes time to settle and gel with the team, and not to expect too much. Well seri has come from abroad, with a massive price tag and has started the season with a bang as big as the one that started the universe.the boy is different gravy, so yes I'm gonna praise him from the high heavens
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

F.luke

Zambo reminds me a bit of Dickson  Etuhu !