more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tuesday Fulham Stuff (04/09/18)...

Started by WhiteJC, September 04, 2018, 07:08:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Luciano Vietto is showing his quality on-loan with Fulham

Fulham are starting to adapt to life in the Premier League and having made a number of top signings over the summer, the sky really could be the limit.

Although the Cottagers have just come up, their signings suggest they're here to stay and after a promising start, few can argue against that. Indeed, Fulham have put their money where their mouth is, delivering some quality players and giving themselves the best chance of at least survival this season.

A particular player who has adapted quickly to the Premier League and could be one of the keys to success this season is Luciano Vietto, who is valued at £5.4 million on Transfermarkt.

The 24-year-old arrived from sunny Spain, specifically Atletico Madrid. Vietto has been at a number of clubs over his short career, namely Villarreal, Valencia and Sevilla. Continually, Vietto has provided goals but has never nailed down a permanent place in a team's starting line-up but so far his fortunes have changed with Fulham.

Most newly promoted sides find struggles in scoring goals but so far, Vietto has laid on two assists for his team-mates to dispatch, showing that not only is he a goalscorer but also a helpful team player.

Whether Luciano Vietto can maintain the strong form he has shown at the start of his Fulham loan spell is unknown but he certainly has the attributes to be a success in the Premier League, unlike other players who may have just moved to England as well.

https://www.footballtransfertavern.com/premier-league/fulham/luciano-vietto-is-showing-his-quality-on-loan-with-fulham/

WhiteJC

Barca spend less than Fulham

The transfer window has now closed in most European leagues. Net spend continues to increase across the big five leagues, doubling in the last five years from £464m to just over a billion.

However, this year most of the big spending was done by English clubs outside the top six. More than half the 32 clubs in last week's Champions League draw broke even or spent less than they took in on transfers. The single most profitable club in terms of player trading were Bayern Munich who made £70m. Barcelona's net spend of £40m was less than half that of West Ham.

13 of the 20 biggest net spenders in Europe are Premier League clubs. No surprise there, but what is surprising is the clubs in the list. Fulham are third and West Ham United fourth, not that it has done them much good so far. Brighton and Hove Albion are 11th and Wolves 12th with Southampton, Huddersfield Town and Burnley also in the top twenty. Of course, Premier League clubs have a load of money because of broadcasting contracts and it is well worth spending to avoid relegation.

But why are Champions League clubs (other than Juventus and Liverpool) not spending? Some of it is down to financial fair play rules. Porto, Inter Milan and Galatasaray are under restrictions. Big spending could have put Paris Saint-Germain, Roma and Shaktar Donesk at risk.

It may come down to value. World class players are simply too expensive and they may get injured or fail to fit in. It may be better to spend money on extending contracts.

https://footballeconomyv2.blogspot.com/2018/09/barca-spend-less-than-fulham.html

WhiteJC

Fulham's Aleksandar Mitrovic is focussed on more than scoring goals in 'marathon' season

The Serbian striker had a mixed day against Brighton both scoring and giving away a penalty

Aleksandar Mitrovic sits top of the Premier League goalscorer charts.

The season may only be four matches old but the 23-year-old lies above Harry Kane, Mohamed Salah, Romelu Lukaku and Sergio Aguero - joint on four goals by Sadio Mane.

When he caught Lewis Dunk in possession to score against Brighton the Serbian netted his 16th league goal since his Fulham debut in February - a tally nobody can match in the top four leagues of English football.

The best strikers are often characterised as being selfish but you don't get that sense with Mitrovic who is clearly focussed on team goals rather than his own.

The striker was pleased to have scored on Saturday but his performance was marred by a late handball which allowed Glenn Murray to equalise from the penalty spot, and bitterly disappointed to have missed out on three points.

He said: "We played a good game, but we made some mistakes. At the end, the referee made some mistakes, and we could not come back from that. We have drawn but we should have won the game.

"I am happy for the goal, but not for the result. I say again, I am a team player, and I would take three points without the goal.

"I thought we played a good game, especially in the first half. We made mistakes, and brought them into the game.

BRIGHTON, ENGLAND - SEPTEMBER 01: Aleksandar Mitrovic of Fulham is challenged by Gaetan Bong of Brighton and Hove Albion (Photo by Mike Hewitt/Getty Images)

Our target is to stay up, that is our first target in the fastest time we can. Then, everything after this we can look higher.

Okay, it is nice to score goals, but I say it again I am a team player, and I am very disappointed we didn't take three points.

"If I have good players with me, I will always score goals, but I try to do everything to help the team to win games.

"My job is to score goals, and I will always give my best. Sometimes I will score, sometimes not. The most important is the points."

Despite the disappointment of giving up a two-goal lead, the Cottagers won their first away point of the season to gain four points in as many games having lost their opening two matches.

Slavisa Jokanovic noted he was keen to utilise the upcoming international break, as an additional pre-season for his squad and though Mitrovic will be on duty for Serbia, he appreciates the benefits this period can offer Fulham.

The former Newcastle forward said: "We need a bit of a rest. It has been a tough few weeks. The international break is a good time for some players to get a rest. We will come back and be prepared. It is a long season. It is not a sprint, it is a marathon."

https://www.football.london/fulham-fc/fulham-aleksandar-mitrovic-top-scorer-15103398

WhiteJC

Jean Seri wins a Premier League award ahead of Bournemouth & Watford stars

Fulham's Jean Seri is a winner

On Sunday night's edition of Match of the Day, Fulham midfield Jean Seri won an award.

Seri won the vote for the August Premier League goal of the month competition.

The Fulham midfielder earned the accolade for his stunning strike against Burnley.

Seri, who joined Fulham from Nice in the summer, crashed home a beautiful strike from distance.

Enjoy footage of Jean Seri's goal against Burnley on the video below.

Jean Seri & Fulham

Jean Seri has made a strong start to life at Fulham.

The midfielder has played 90 minutes in three of Fulham's four opening games of the season.

Last weekend Seri showed his creativity against Brighton as he teed up Andre Schurrle with a lovely pass.

For the record, Ivory Coast midfielder Jean Seri agreed a four-year deal with Fulham.

https://www.101greatgoals.com/news/social/jean-seri-wins-bournemouth-watford/

WhiteJC

Golden Boy 2018 nominees: Trent Alexander-Arnold, Phil Foden and Ryan Sessegnon make list of starlets up for prestigious award

Three England youngsters have made the 60-man list to win Golden Boy award
    Trent Alexander-Arnold, Phil Foden and Ryan Sessegnon have been nominated
    The Premier League stars join the likes of Kylian Mbappe and Christian Pulisic
    Journalists around Europe will crown the 2018 Golden Boy winner in December

England youngsters Trent Alexander-Arnold, Phil Foden and Ryan Sessegnon have all been nominated to win the 2018 Golden Boy award.

The three Premier League stars will compete with some of football's brightest talents to be crowned Europe's best young player, which will be decided by journalists in December.

Liverpool's Alexander-Arnold is expected to be a serious contender after establishing himself as a key player in their run to last season's Champions League final.

Alexander-Arnold was also part of the England set-up at the World Cup in the summer and has made a strong start to this season, helping Liverpool win all four of their opening Premier League games.

Fulham's promotion to the top flight means Sessegnon is also in with a shout of taking home this year's Golden Boy award as all nominees must be under the age of 21 and play in a European nation's top tier.

Foden, 18, is the other England hopeful who is in contention after catching the eye of Pep Guardiola and graduating to Manchester City's first-team set-up.

Ryan Sessegnon has also made the cut for the 60-man list after helping Fulham get promoted

Foden is joined by City team-mate Brahim Diaz on the new revised 60-man list - which will be cut down to just 20 in November - with Tom Davies, Diogo Dalot, Juan Foyth and Ruben Vinagre making up the rest of the Premier League's representatives.

Paris Saint-Germain star Kylian Mbappe scooped the prize last year and is bidding to become the first-ever player to win the gong twice.

The Frenchman is currently the favourite after another impressive campaign last term culminated in him lifting the World Cup in Russia.

He will however have to stave off competition from the likes of Christian Pulisic, Vinicius Junior and Mathijs De Ligt to retain the crown.

This year's winner will be in esteemed company with Lionel Messi, Wayne Rooney, Raheem Sterling, Isco, Sergio Aguero and Paul Pogba all previously claiming the annual prize.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6126317/Golden-Boy-2018-nominees-Trent-Alexander-Arnold-Phil-Foden-Ryan-Sessegnon-make-list.html

WhiteJC

Premier League Team of the Weekend: Rui Patricio, Joe Gomez, Jean Michael Seri and Eden Hazard
Danny Mills picks his best XI from the opening matches

Who stood out over the weekend in the Premier League?

Former Leeds United and England full-back Danny Mills has picked his best XI from week four of the 2018/19 season.

Here's who he selected and why...

Mills went for Rui Patricio in between the sticks after he repelled West Ham United in Wolves' excellent 1-0 win at the London Stadium on Saturday.

"Patricio is a top-class goalkeeper, and a free transfer," said the Sky Sports pundit.

Kyle Walker, Joe Gomez, Craig Cathcart and Marcos Alonso made up Mills' back four.

"The two full-backs are both very good going forward and Walker gets his goal, his first for quite a while and Alonso as we know is very, very good," he said.

"And I tell you who I was really impressed with, and that was Gomez. He is back in the England squad and I think he will give Gareth Southgate one or two problems for selection."

Meanwhile, Mills has gone for a three-man midfield comprising new Fulham signing Jean Michael Seri, Huddersfield Town's Philip Billing and Southampton's Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg.

"The midfield is quite unusual - Billing scored and played very well in that central midfield area for Huddersfield, as did Hojbjerg and Seri," Mills said.

"Maybe you will not see them in there that often, but [they've contributed to] good results with [Billing and Hojbjerg] both scoring goals, which is what you want your midfielders to do."

In attack, Mills has selected an eye-catching forward line of Chelsea's Eden Hazard and Liverpool's Sadio Mane, either side of Brighton & Hove Albion's evergreen frontman Glenn Murray, with all players finding the back of the net on the weekend.

"Up front, Murray was exceptional again for Brighton," he said. "Mane we know is very, very good and Hazard equally.

"I thought that the way Hazard played from the first minute of Chelsea's game with Bournemouth was really good.

Do you agree with Danny's line-up? Well not to worry as you can now pick your own Premier League Team of the Weekend using our team selector here...

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/11489370/premier-league-team-of-the-weekend-rui-patricio-joe-gomez-jean-michael-seri-and-eden-hazard

WhiteJC

'It has to stop - I won't allow it' - Alfie Mawson is adamant Fulham will improve in defence

The Cottagers conceded at least two goals in every Premier League game so far

New Fulham defender Alfie Mawson has declared that he will not allow Fulham to continue conceding cheap goals and said 'it has to stop'.

The Cottagers conceded twice against Brighton at the weekend as the Seagulls came from two down to salvage a point and the 24-year-old believes his side could have been further punished due to costly errors.

Slavisa Jokanovic's side have conceded nine goals in their opening four games, only a fewer number than Huddersfield and pointless West Ham.

Fulham were put under a lot of pressure by Christ Hughton's side at the Amex but were generally comfortable in defence, and Mawson believes the backline must take responsiblity.

The former Swansea defender said: "It was a sloppy first goal that we conceded. We have got to man up and improve. If a man has got to go down he has got to go down, if a man has got to clear the ball he has got to clear the ball. It is a learning curve for us, but a point for us could be big.

"There are two ways of looking at it. We have played well and scored two good goals. At the end of the day you have to take what you can, but when you are two goals up you have to win the game, it is as simple as that.

"We have shown how good we are already. At times today we were unbelievable. It was a joy to watch at times. We picked a side apart that were in the Europa League [Burnley].

"We are conceding too many cheap goals. It has to stop - I won't allow it.

"We were lucky as well because Betts pulled off a great save for the penalty. Decisions do not go your way sometimes. We could have lost the game with the momentum that Brighton built up, but we have to take heart that we saved the point."

The Whites are yet to start with the same back four in a Premier League game, but with the international break, Jokanovic plans to hold a mini pre-season to help form some cohesion.

Only Maxime Le Marchand has played every match thus far in defence, with Mawson coming in for his league debut despite not been quite fully fit. The ex-Barnsley star is already enjoying life in west London however.

He said: "I am building there fitness back up, and I am happy to get the 90 minutes under my belt. After playing on Tuesday night I wasn't sure if I was going to be involved today.

"I am really grateful for the opportunity. Playing or not playing, I really want the team to do well, I really like playing here."

https://www.football.london/fulham-fc/it-stop-wont-allow-it-15103402

WhiteJC

England Friendly Confirmed

Craven Cottage will host an England women's international match this autumn as part of the Lionesses' preparations for next summer's 2019 FIFA Women's World Cup.

Having secured qualification for the World Cup courtesy of a 3-0 victory over Wales in Newport last week, Phil Neville's side can now look ahead to tests on home soil.

Following a meeting with Brazil at Notts County's Meadow Lane ground on Saturday 6th October, the Lionesses then head to the capital for the first time since 2014 to face Australia under the floodlights at the Cottage on Tuesday 9th October (7pm).

The last time the Lionesses faced Australia was during England's 2015 Cyprus Cup title success, when Jodie Taylor's hat-trick helped defeat the Matildas 3-0 in their group game. 

Head coach Phil Neville said: "After the euphoria of securing qualification to the World Cup last Friday, we can now focus on a solid nine-month preparation period and these friendlies will form an important part of those plans.

"Both teams will be challenging opponents, with Brazil and Australia both ranked in the top-10 in the world. And of course they are potential World Cup opposition for us.

"It's been an incredible year for the Lionesses, but the hard work has only just started.  The next nine months will be crucial and it begins with these friendlies.

"We're all looking forward to testing ourselves against challenging opposition and I'm sure our fans will come out in good numbers to show their support."

Steph Houghton said: "It was an incredible feeling to secure our place at the World Cup last week, and now we can really start to focus on the work we need to do between now and then, starting with these fixtures against quality opposition.

"We've got a demanding but exciting nine months ahead of us as we gear up for the World Cup.  The two friendlies will give us exactly the kind of tests we need to prepare ourselves mentally, physically and tactically for the tournament.

"We're looking forward to the matches already, and to seeing our fantastic supporters enjoy great games on home soil."
Tickets for the meeting with Australia are now on sale. Buy yours by Sunday 9th September to take advantage of the early bird price of £7.50 for adults. All concession tickets are priced at £1.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/september/03/england-friendly-confirmed

WhiteJC

Premier League confirm new batch of TV selections as Manchester derby is moved for Sky

United will travel to City on Sunday November 11 with a 4.30pm kick-off, with the game to be broadcast live on Sky Sports

The Premier League have confirmed a new batch of TV selections - with the Manchester derby among the fixtures moved.

United will travel to City on Sunday November 11 with a 4.30pm kick-off, with the game to be broadcast live on Sky Sports.

The Red Devils' home game with Everton has also been switched, as has City's trip to Tottenham .

Liverpool , meanwhile, have seen their away fixture at Arsenal and their clash against Fulham at Anfield selected for television coverage.

Here are the full list of fixture changes...

Saturday October 27: Leicester vs West Ham (BT Sport) 5.30pm

Sunday October 28: Crystal Palace vs Arsenal (Sky Sports) 1.30pm, Manchester United vs Everton (Sky Sports) 4pm

Monday October 29: Tottenham vs Manchester City (Sky Sports) 8pm

Saturday November 3: Bournemouth vs Manchester United (BT Sport) 12.30pm, Arsenal vs Liverpool (BT Sport) 5.30pm, Wolves vs Tottenham (Sky Sports) 7.45pm

Sunday November 4: Chelsea vs Crystal Palace (Sky Sports) 4pm

Monday November 5: Huddersfield vs Fulham (Sky Sports) 8pm

Saturday November 10: Cardiff vs Brighton (Sky Sports) 12.30pm, Crystal Palace vs Tottenham (BT Sport) 5.30pm

Sunday November 11: Liverpool vs Fulham (BT Sport) 12pm, Chelsea vs Everton (Sky Sports) 2.15pm, Manchester City vs Manchester United (Sky Sports) 4.30pm

Saturday November 24: Tottenham vs Chelsea (BT Sport) 5.30pm

Sunday November 25: Bournemouth vs Arsenal (Sky Sports) 1.30pm, Wolves vs Huddersfield (Sky Sports) 4pm

Monday November 26: Burnley vs Newcastle (Sky Sports) 8pm

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/premier-league-confirm-new-batch-13186349

WhiteJC

'He is a great player – he frightens you sometimes': Fulham's Alfie Mawson in awe of team-mate Jean Michael Seri

Alfie Mawson says Jean Michael Seri is up there with the Premier League's best
    Seri was linked with Chelsea, Liverpool and Tottenham before joining Fulham
    His talent was on full display in the 2-2 draw with Brighton over the weekend

Alfie Mawson believes Fulham have got their hands on one of the most exciting players in the Premier League in Jean Michael Seri.

Chelsea, Liverpool and Tottenham were all linked with the midfielder but the Championship play-off winners pulled off a massive coup when they convinced the 26-year-old to move from Nice to Craven Cottage this summer in a deal worth £18million - just 12 months on from a collapsed move to Spanish giants Barcelona.

Seri showcased his abilities once again on Saturday by setting up Andre Schurrle's first-half opener against Brighton, adding to his eye-catching strike against Burnley the previous weekend.

Jean Michael Seri has made a fast start to life in the Premier League and scored against Burnley

And Mawson insists the Ivorian will only continue to thrive, if the early indicators on the pitch and in training are anything to go by.

'He is a great player. He frightens you sometimes,' said the defender, who made his league debut for the Cottagers at the Amex Stadium. 'In that split second he gets you out of trouble. You hold your breath sometimes watching him, but he always gets it right.

'In training he is unreal - the most calm fella you will ever meet. He really brings that composure in midfield.

'He covers more ground than anyone. The quality on the ball is a different level, better than any player I have ever played with. You trust him in all sorts of areas, and he can also score goals like he did last week.

'He has a few years for people to see his best, which is just scary.'

Fulham have began life back in the Premier League with four points from their first four games and their brand of football has not waivered despite the step up.

The midfielder was wanted by a host of elite clubs but chose to join Fulham in an £18m deal

Slavisa Jokanovic's side won promotion last season with an attacking mentality and Mawson believes that approach can see them mix it with every side in the division.

'We have shown how good we are already,' said the 24-year-old. 'At times [against Brighton] we were unbelievable. It was a joy to watch at times.

'We picked a side apart that were in the Europa League [in Burnley]'.

'We could have lost the game with the momentum that Brighton built up, but we have to take heart that we saved the point.'

Mawson has been happy with his start to life in Fulham after joining from Swansea this summer

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6127011/Fulham-Alfie-Mawson-awe-team-mate-Jean-Michael-Serri.html

WhiteJC

Cottage Talk: The Player Ratings Show With Special Guest Scott Trotter From Football.London
Take a listen to a podcast that focuses on Fulham Football Club.

Photo by Mike Hewitt/Getty Images

This is a new feature this season on Cottage Talk that focuses on player ratings. Special guest Scott Trotter from Football. London had his own player ratings for the Fulham players against Brighton & Hove Albion, so we discussed each one of them during the show. On top of that co-host Yannis Tjanetis shared his own player ratings.

This is a brand new feature, so please let us know what you thought of this episode?

you can listen to the podcast here...
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/cottagetalk/2018/09/03/the-player-ratings-show-with-special-guest-scott-trotter-from-footballlondon

WhiteJC

CITY
FULHAM

Everything you need to know ahead of our City's Premier League visit of Fulham...

When and where

The Premier League Champions host the Cottagers on Saturday 15 September, kick-off at 3pm (BST).

Fans can find out where they can watch the match with our TV listings nearer the time...

Team news

City

Kevin De Bruyne is a long-term absentee after sustaining a lateral collateral ligament (LCL) lesion.

Claudio Bravo is also unavailable, having sustained an Achilles tendon injury. The Chilean 'keeper underwent scans, which confirmed a rupture in the tendon of his left foot.

Danilo also remains doubtful with a foot injury, which he picked up during the group stages of the World Cup, but Pep Guardiola stated that the Brazilian is 'doing well.'

The rest of the squad is fully fit.

Fulham

Tom Cairney (foot), Tim Ream (thigh) and Floyd Ayite (knock) are doubts, while Neeskens Kebano (ankle) is not expected to return until the end of September.

Head-to-head

The pair have met 63 times in all competitions.

City have triumphed on 30 occasions and Fulham 17, while there have been 16 draws.

The last time

We last faced the London outfit back in March 2014 in the Premier League.

Yaya Toure bagged a hat-trick, as City ran out 5-0 winners. Fernandinho and Martin Demichelis were also on the scoresheet.

You can remind yourself of the match with our highlights below...

To be confirmed...

Pep Guardiola preview

To follow our press conference on Friday 14 September (1:30pm BST).

Slavisa Jokanovic preview...

To follow the Cottagers' press conference. Time and date TBC...

Stats

• City are unbeaten in our last 11 meetings with the Cottagers, winning eight of those encounters, including the last five in a row.

• Fulham's last victory over the Blues arrived in April 2009 - a 3-1 triumph at the Etihad Stadium.

• Benjamin Mendy is the third City player to assist as many as four goals in the Club's first four games to a Premier League season, after Samir Nasri in 2011-12 and David Silva in 2015-16.

https://www.mancity.com/news/first-team/match-preview/2018/september/man-city-v-fulham-premier-league-preview-stats-team-news-tv-channel-info

WhiteJC

Well Respected Member of Promotion Squad Pens A Contract Extension

After being a prominent member of our promotion winning squad last season, the summer must have been a worrying time for our goalkeeper, Marcus Bettinelli.

The 25-year-old keeper, waiting for a chance to shine in the Premier League, looked on as Fulham signed not one, but two, goalkeepers in Fabri and Rico.

Fears that his Premier League career might have been over before it had even started surfaced.

However, Bettinelli is, once again, a mainstay between the posts and looks set to remain Fulham's number one choice, having overcome a hamstring injury that saw him miss the opening games of the season.

On the back of doing just that, we couldn't let it pass and not mention that Bettinelli has just put pen-to-paper on a contract extension that will see him tied to Fulham Football Club until 2020.

Talking to the official Fulham site and as reported by the BBC, Marcus is naturally delighted to have signed his new deal, remarking,

"I love playing for this club and I'm just thankful that I've signed a new contract."

And so are we!

COYW's

https://fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/well-respected-member-of-promotion-squad-pens-a-contract-extension/

WhiteJC

Tickets on sale: Fulham U21s (H, 18/09), Checkatrade Trophy

Book your tickets for the Checkatrde Trophy clash vs Fulham U21s at Adams Park.

Tickets are now on sale for the Chairboys' Checkatrade Trophy group game at home to Fulham U21s on Tuesday 18th September (k.o. 7.45pm).

Tickets are priced as follows:

Adults: £10
Under 18s: £5

Wycombe fans will be housed in the Beechdean Stand in the first instance, with the option to open other stands if demand dictates.

VIP Hospitality
We have two fantastic options for you:

Honours Lounge
Enjoy a one-course meal, reserved car parking, programmes, teamsheets, half-time refreshments, top price ticket for the game and access to the Man of the Match presentation, all for just £30 per person.

Menu: Lasagne served with Garlic Bread and a Side Salad.

Executive Box
Watch the game from the best seat in the house - outside your very own executive box. You'll receive 12 tickets, a one-course meal, reserved car parking, programmes, teamsheets, half-time refreshments, a player visit pre-match and a welcome in the matchday programme.

An executive box for this fixture costs £500 + VAT.

Call 01494 472 100 or email [email protected] to book your VIP hospitality package no later than 5pm on Wednesday 12th September.

https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/news/2018/september/tickets-on-sale-fulham-u21s-h-1809-checkatrade-trophy/

WhiteJC

Well done Jokanovic – This talented summer recruit looks like the final piece of the puzzle at Fulham

Luciano Vietto is the missing piece in Fulham's puzzle

Fulham picked up their first win of the season by beating Burnley 4-2 at Craven Cottage. Slavisa Jokanovic's men looked terrifying going forward and finally made their chances count in this game.

It was a perfect performance from Fulham's perspective. The Cottagers have been playing good football in their last few games but were unable to come away with a win. A few tactical tweaks and Luciano Vietto's inclusion provided Slavisa Jokanovic with some much-needed venom in the final third.

Vietto was arguably the best player on the pitch that night. Though it was Mitrovic who popped up two goals. Vietto played a crucial role in each and every single one of them. The Argentinian picked up two assists to cap off a brilliant full debut.

Fielded on the left side of a three-man attack, Vietto flourished, surging up and down the flank. The Argentinian is a right-footed player who was fielded on the left-wing. He posed all sorts of problems for Burnley's well-drilled defence.

Though the pass for Seri's goal was a simple one, Vietto's distribution was excellent. The 24-year-old opted to play out simple quick passes rather than constantly deliver the ball into the box.

The fact that he is a right footed player on the left flank allowed the winger to cut in and find space inside the box or on the edge of it. And this is how Seri found the back of the net for the opening goal. Vietto once again turned provider when he cut onto the right and played a teasing cross into the box for an onrushing Mitrovic to head home.

Mitrovic has shown that he is more comfortable converting deliveries from the left side. In the second half, Vietto and Schurrle often switched wings to trouble the Clarets' backline. This was a splendid tactic which allowed Schurrle to wreak havoc on the right-hand side and Vietto play in sublime crosses from the left.

He was also a constant threat to Joe Hart, with the winger taking a total of 4 shots in the whole game. Vietto also supplied 5 crosses and created 1 big chance in the final third. Vietto seems to be the missing piece in Fulham's puzzle. (Stats Courtesy – Premier League)

https://soccersouls.com/2018/09/04/well-done-jokanovic-this-talented-summer-recruit-looks-like-the-final-piece-of-the-puzzle-at-fulham/

WhiteJC

Belgium test 'a proper game' for Scotland - Kevin McDonald

Kevin McDonald won his only cap to date in a friendly against Costa Rica in March
International friendly: Scotland v Belgium
Venue: Hampden Park, Glasgow Date: Friday, 7 September Kick-off: 19:45 BST
Coverage: Listen on BBC Radio Scotland; live text commentary on BBC Sport website

Kevin McDonald insists Friday's match against World Cup semi-finalists Belgium is not just about "making up the numbers" for Scotland.

The friendly precedes Monday's Nations League opener against Albania, with Israel also in Scotland's group.

The Scots have won one and lost three of their friendly games since Alex McLeish returned as national manager in February.

"It's obviously a proper game," said Fulham midfielder McDonald, 29.

"We're going out here to try and play. We're going to be positive and go and get a good shot against them. We're not going to be here just to make up the numbers.

"We know that obviously the most important game's on Monday night.

"It's the start of a new campaign for us. We've got a new squad here and it's all about getting some game-time together.

"The manager's brought up a good few new players and it's all about bonding quickly and we can show we're ready. Friday night will be a time to test things out, I think."

Liverpool left-back Andy Robertson, 24, has been named Scotland captain.

"I think it's a good appointment," McDonald added. "He's set his standards high playing for Liverpool week in, week out. We've been watching him and he's been fantastic.

"We'll all back him. To play a Champions League final, it can only be a good thing playing with these players day in, day out and you can see it on the training pitch here; he brings that into training.

"He's on it every day and you can see that's a real mentality of working hard constantly at Liverpool. It's obviously paying off for them as a team and for him as an individual. He's a good lad and he's Scotland captain."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45401440

WhiteJC

Tottenham's Mauricio Pochettino broke a new Premier League rule vs Fulham

Mauricio Pochettino broke Premier League rule vs Fulham

Mauricio Pochettino is the first.

It's been confirmed that Tottenham's manager is the first boss in the Premier League to get into trouble under new touchline rules.

Across all divisions in England, managers have been warned about their behaviour on the sidelines this season.

New directives have been installed to tackle abusive behaviour on the edge of the pitch.

And, as confirmed by the Times, Tottenham's Pochettino is the first Premier League manager to flout those rules.

Pochettino's bad behaviour came in the match against Fulham.

What did the Tottenham boss do?

The Times explain what Pochettino did wrong against Fulham:

The Tottenham manager confronted the referee Anthony Taylor at half-time of Tottenham's 3-1 win against Fulham last month, shortly after Harry Kane had a penalty appeal turned down following a challenge by Timothy Fosu-Mensah.

Pochettino, who was seen shaking his head and gesturing wildly as he walked down the tunnel with the officials, received a stage-one warning for misconduct.

So what does the warning mean?

No immediate punishment is coming Pochettino's way. However if the Tottenham boss is flagged up again, a touchline ban could be dished out.

https://www.101greatgoals.com/news/tottenham-pochettino-broke-rule-fulham/