more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thursday Fulham Stuff (06/09/18)...

Started by WhiteJC, September 06, 2018, 07:04:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Five things about Marcus Bettinelli

Fulham goalkeeper Marcus Bettinelli has been called up to the England squad ahead of the matches against Spain and Switzerland.

The 26-year-old has got the call despite Jordan Pickford, Jack Butland and Alex McCarthy all training on Tuesday.

He played for the Under-21s when the side was managed by England boss Gareth Southgate, who was keen to look at him with the senior squad.

Fulham through and through

Born in south London, Bettinelli joined Fulham as a youngster and made his way through the ranks. He had to wait until 2014 for his debut, though, coming in a League Cup game with Brentford. He enjoyed a brilliant campaign, which earned him an England Under-21 call-up, selected by Southgate. After a couple of seasons in and out of the side, he was an important member of the Fulham team that won promotion to the Premier League last term.

Premier League rookie

Bettinelli's call-up has come just nine days after he made his Premier League debut for the Whites. He had started behind Fabri in the pecking order this season, but got a start against Burnley last Sunday and then followed it up by saving a penalty in the 2-2 draw at Brighton on Saturday.

Non-League and lower league grounding

Like many of England's squad, Bettinelli has humble beginnings. His first taste of senior football was on loan at National League Dartford in 2012, where he made 35 appearances. The next year saw him back out on loan, this time at Accrington where he played 41 times in League Two.

Family affair

It helps if your dad is a goalkeeping coach and Betinelli's dad Vic has had a massive impact on his development. Vic played at non-League level before getting into coaching, where he worked under Steve Coppell at Crystal Palace. He was brought to Craven Cottage by Chris Coleman and worked with the first team before moving into the academy, where he still remains.

Top prankster

They say goalkeepers are a crazy bunch and Bettinelli loves a prank if his Twitter page is anything to go by. In one trick he proved he would be a nightmare to room with as he waited patiently by team-mate Matt Smith's bed in order to give him a fright.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/five-things-about-marcus-bettinelli

WhiteJC

Fulham's McDonald eyeing 2020 World Cup

Kevin McDonald believes Scotland's quest to reach the 2020 European Championship starts with the friendly against Belgium on Friday night.

The World Cup semi-finalists are preparing for the Nations League opener against Albania on Monday night, a newly-formed Uefa tournament which acts as a second chance to reach the Euros.

The 29-year-old Fulham midfielder, whose one cap so far came against Costa Rica in a friendly at Hampden Park last March, acknowledged the prowess of the Red Devils but sees the match as the beginning of what he hopes will be a successful campaign.

He said: "We know it is a long campaign and it starts on Monday but in other ways it starts on Friday and we are building towards that.

"We are playing Belgium on Friday night which is a tough game for anyone.

"We have to go about our business in a positive way. We have a new squad here and it is all about getting game time together.

"We have a massive game coming up on Monday but Friday night will be the time to test things out and we have to go and put on a show and get the fans behind us.

"It is good to test yourself against this opposition, it's what you want to do as a footballer.

"We are not going there to make up the numbers we are there to play."

McDonald is enjoying life in the Premier League after coming up from the Championship with Fulham last season.

He previously reached the top flight with Burnley but they were relegated the following season and McDonald knows more is expected of the Whites, who spent over £100mi during the summer transfer window.

He said: "It is much different this time. Definitely.

"It is so much more quicker, technical. At Burnley we kind of winged it a bit and it didn't pay off, we went straight back down which wasn't the best.

"But this time, I am personally a lot more confident and as a team we are a lot more confident.

"When a club spends £100 million that has just been promoted, there are definitely expectation levels.

"But we know within our team that first and foremost you have to stay up.

"That's the way it is. In the first season in the Premier League you have to stay up, that's massive and any place above that is a bonus.

"But I am sure the fans and the media from outside is seeing that Fulham have spent £100 million they are going to give it a right go.

"But we know ourselves where we are at, we have to go and give it our best shot."

https://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/fulham-star-eyeing-2020-world-cup

WhiteJC

Whites Head To Spain

This week sees Slaviša Jokanović and his staff take Fulham's remaining squad members to Spain for some warm weather training, and one friendly fixture.

The lads not called up for international duty, in addition to some Academy players, will fly to Murcia for a training camp, before taking on Indian Super League side ATK – who are managed by former England and Manchester United winger Steve Coppell – on Saturday.

The fixture will kick-off at 12pm (local time) at the Pinatar Arena Football Centre (Avenida del Mojon, 30740 San Pedro del Pinatar) and is open to the public, with tickets priced at €5. Children under the age of six can attend for free.

Squad list

Floyd Ayité, Joe Bryan, Tom Cairney, Calum Chambers, Luca de la Torre, Harvey Elliott, Fabri, Tyrese Francois, Aboubakar Kamara, Maxime Le Marchand, Alfie Mawson, Denis Odoi, Matt O'Riley, Sergio Rico, Andre Schürrle, Luciano Vietto

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/september/05/whites-head-to-spain

WhiteJC

Premier League to trial VAR this season

The Premier League will trial VAR at 15 matches this season – starting after the international break, Sky Sports News understands.

The Professional Game Match Officials Limited (PGMOL) aim to prove the system is fit for purpose before presenting its findings to Premier League shareholders next year, with the aim of fully introducing it from next season.

The first trial will take place for five 3pm kick-offs on September 15 to see if the VAR hub at Stockley Park, near Heathrow, can cope with decisions arising from multiple matches.

The 'as-live' match scenario will be replicated in the VAR hub but there will be no contact between the team at Stockley Park and the officials on the pitch.

Referees have been encouraged by the use of the technology at recent EFL Cup games. VAR is also due to be tested during selected FA Cup ties this season.

Sky sources understand the Premier League are confident their decision to delay the introduction of the system until officials grew more familiar with it, has been vindicated.

They have mild concerns that VAR may have lost some support among fans after its use in the controversial award of the penalty which led to France's second goal against Croatia in this summer's World Cup final.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/11490710/premier-league-to-trial-var-this-season

WhiteJC

Fulham's Marcus Bettinelli added to the England squad to face Spain and Switzerland

Fulham's Marcus Bettinelli has received his first call up to the England senior men's squad.

The 26-year-old will bolster Gareth Southgate's goalkeeping options ahead of the forthcoming fixtures against Spain and Switzerland.

Bettinelli, a former England U21 international who previously worked under Southgate in 2015, was due to link up with the Three Lions at St. George's Park on Tuesday afternoon and joins fellow goalkeepers Jordan Pickford, Jack Butland and Alex McCarthy.

Meanwhile, Adam Lallana has returned to Liverpool for further assessment of a groin strain.

The midfielder was withdrawn from training on Tuesday and will play no part in England's forthcoming fixtures against Spain and Switzerland.

http://www.thefa.com/news/2018/sep/04/england-call-up-marcus-betinelli-040918

WhiteJC

ISL 2018: ATK announce friendly against Premier League side Fulham FC

What's the story?

Two-time champions ATK (Formerly Atletico de Kolkata) have announced that they will be taking on Premier League side Fulham in a friendly on September 8. The two teams will face each other in the Pinatar Arena Football Centre in Murcia, Spain.

In case you didn't know...

Despite ATK's latest announcement, the Kolkata-based side is not the first ISL team to go up against an English Premier League opposition. They were beaten to the milestone by fellow ISL side Delhi Dynamos when they played West Bromwich Albion in a friendly in 2016.

The Dynamos went on to lose the match courtesy of a solitary goal by James Smith.

The heart of the matter

ATK took to Twitter to announce a friendly match against Premier League side Fulham FC. It is only the second time that an Indian Super League side will go up against a Premier League team.

Both the teams will meet in Murcia, Spain for this one-off friendly match. While ATK are in Spain for their pre-season, Fulham will arrive for a one-week training camp in the middle of the season due to the international break.

Despite this, the London-based club is expected to field a strong squad containing the likes of club captain Tom Cairney and former Chelsea star and World Cup winner Andre Schurrle.

Here is the list of players who will potentially be involved in the friendly: Floyd Ayité, Joe Bryan, Tom Cairney, Calum Chambers, Luca de la Torre, Harvey Elliott, Fabri, Tyrese Francois, Aboubakar Kamara, Maxime Le Marchand, Alfie Mawson, Denis Odoi, Matt O'Riley, Sergio Rico, Andre Schürrle, Luciano Vietto.

What's next?

This is a unique opportunity for the two-time champions to strengthen, ahead of the 2018/19 season. Playing against a Premier League opposition will no doubt provide invaluable experience to ATK.

The Kolkata-based club will look to use the same experience when they face Kerala Blasters in the 2018/19 Indian Super League season opener on September 29.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/isl-2018-atk-announce-friendly-against-premier-league-side-fulham-fc?key=newsnow

WhiteJC

Aleksandar Mitrovic makes big Rafa Benitez admission – A must read for all NUFC fans..

Aleksandar Mitrovic has opened up about his struggles under Rafa Benitez at Newcastle United – admitting that both he and the manager had accepted that he 'couldn't play' in his counter attacking side.

Interestingly, Mitro describes Rafa as a 'great person' and one of the best defensive coaches – suggesting there was no personal problem between the two, but instead a case of them being a bad fit for what both wanted to achieve.

Here's what Mitrovic has had to say today, suggesting all the running and defensive work made it difficult for a player of his size – with both himself and Benitez accepting that he couldn't play in our system:

"Benitez plays defence and counter-attack.
    "I tried to give my best but it wasn't me.
    "I was just running and getting in the team shape. He told me what he wanted and I tried but I am 90 kilos and if I run so much defensively I have no power left when I am in the box. He knew I couldn't play in that style and I felt it too."

Mitrovic then praised Rafa's work defensively, calling him 'one of the best', admitting that he shook his hand when he left – seeing him as a 'great person' despite talk that they didn't see eye to eye:

"Defensively he was one of the best and you can see that when they play, but personally I like to be close to the opponents' box. I need crosses and service."
    "Benitez is a great person and in the end I shook his hand."

Hopefully this can put an end to the debate, with his comments today explaining just why the two struggled to work together.

http://www.nufcblog.co.uk/2018/09/05/aleksandar-mitrovic-makes-big-rafa-benitez-admission-this-explains-a-lot/

WhiteJC

Spanish newspaper states Fulham player living 'sweetest days of his career'

England take on Spain in the UEFA Nations League and then face Switzerland in a friendly this month, and Gareth Southgate had initially selected Jordan Pickford, Jack Butland and Alex McCarthy as his three goalkeepers.

Fulham stopper Marcus Bettinelli has now joined the group as the fourth keeper and it is the 26-year-old's first call-up.

His selection comes just days after he made his first start in the Premier League against Burnley on August 26th, and Spanish newspaper AS claims the custodian is now living the 'sweetest days of his career'.

In 2015, he made one England U21 appearance under the guidance of the current national team manager and the report suggests Southgate has followed his progress.

Even though he is selected for England's upcoming fixtures, it is unlikely that he would get any minutes on the pitch.

Last season, Bettinelli made his first league start in December and since then, he excelled for his side as Fulham achieved promotion. The keeper will remain hopeful to replicate his previous campaign's form this term in order to become the undisputed player for his club.

It's making the news in Spain not only because of the upcoming match, but also because of Sergio Rico's situation. The Sevilla owned goalkeeper moved to Fulham this summer to give his career a kickstart, and it's not going so well so far.

Not only is he up against Fabri, there's also Bettinelli pressuring him.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/spanish-newspaper-claims-fulham-player-living-sweetest-days-career/

WhiteJC

'They have problems with Mike Ashley' - Aleksandar Mitrovic on Newcastle United

Former Toon striker Aleksandar Mitrovic has spoken about Mike Ashley and Alan Shearer

Aleksandar Mitrovic says Newcastle United have "problems" with their owner Mike Ashley.

Mitrovic left United in the summer transfer window and has scored four times in the opening four games of the Premier League season for new club Fulham.

But he wishes his former club all the best – and admits there are issues with the man at the top.

"Newcastle is a big club but they have problems with the owner," Mitrovic said in an interview with the Mail. "Everyone knows Mike Ashley. They have taken large steps forward but also to go back. I do wish them success."

The 23-year-old is now enjoying life at Fulham after a disappointing three years at Newcastle United.

Costing £13 million back in the summer of 2015, his perceived failure on Tyneside may be one of the many deals to have stung Ashley even if Fulham splashed out £22 million on the striker.

Mitrovic scored nine goals in his debut season but United were still relegated from the top flight.

He went onto score four goals as United were promoted back to the Championship but failed to establish himself as first choice.

Six appearances followed in the top flight before a loan move to Fulham followed and Mitrovic's dream of emulating the club's most favourite son, and his hero, Alan Shearer died.

"Shearer is still my hero and it's his job to do analysis," when asked if Shearer's criticism of him on Match of the Day hurt him.

"He was most of the time right, of course. My father says the same. I know myself when I play bad anyway. He is still a legend and I don't think England will ever have a striker like him again."

Mitrovic is enjoying his time in London on and off the pitch, claiming that it comes with a different sort of life style to that of Tyneside.

"It's different to Newcastle as when I go out I don't need a hat for disguise,' he told the Mail Online.

"Here I have my own peace and I can go with my kids on the street. Nobody cares about me or stops me. It's nice.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/they-problems-mike-ashley-aleksandar-15114856

WhiteJC

Profit Players: Jean Michael Seri

Manchester City spent the vast majority of their transfer window chasing a deal for the highly-regarded midfield anchor Jorginho, but whilst they were pursuing the Italy international Fulham were busy signing a new lynchpin of their own, namely Jean Michael Seri.

Following months of speculation which linked the Ivory Coast midfielder with a transfer to a whole host of Europe's most prestigious clubs – including the likes of Barcelona, Chelsea and Arsenal – Seri completed a £25 million switch to Craven Cottage as part of a summer revolution instigated by Slavisa Jokanovic.

Since arriving at Fulham, Seri has started all 4 of Fulham's opening fixtures in central midfield, scoring an absolute rocket against Burnley and providing a sumptuous assist with a scooped through ball against Brighton & Hove Albion last weekend.

Meanwhile, Man City have started the season without the vigour and intensity which characterised their previous campaign, with a handful of players seemingly struggling for form following a whirlwind 12 months in which they competed on 4 fronts at club level before travelling to Russia for the World Cup.

One of those players is 33-year-old Fernandinho – a man who has consistently delivered the highest standard of performance throughout his career at the Etihad. But he has struggled to reach his brilliant best so far this season with stray passes and a general lack of match sharpness uncharacteristically manifesting in his performances.

With Kevin De Bruyne's length lay off and the urgent need to provide Fernandinho with support becoming increasingly apparent, City are turning their attention towards Ruben Neves according to Goal.

Following a glowing opening to the Premier League campaign in which Neves played a starring role in Wolves' 1-1 draw with Manchester City, it's hardly surprising that interest from the champions is beginning to stir, but there is plenty of reason to suggest they should also be monitoring Seri's progress at Fulham.

Guardiola's success at both Barcelona and Bayern Munich was aided by the his midfield pivot's were asked to play in a free-flowing attacking system. Whilst Guardiola was manager of the Catalan giants, Sergio Busquets was a mainstay in the heart of his midfield as his willingness to sit in front of the defence, break up play and distribute the ball into the final-third became a vital component of the Barcelona machine.

Arturo Vidal and Xabi Alonso shared the responsibility of anchoring Guardiola's midfield during his time at Bayern Munich and Fernandinho has assumed that role since he took control at the Etihad. But with Fernandinho's age to consider, there is a vacancy which is simply waiting to be filled at Man City.

Neves has been touted as an ideal successor but Seri's carefully balanced combination of forward-thinking flair, tactical discipline and intelligent understanding of the game certainly make him an ideal candidate to take on the responsibility of succeeding Fernandinho and becoming Guardiola's next Busquets-like figure.

Seri's impressive start in English football suggests that Fulham have secured a bargain acquisition after parting with £25 million for the 26-year-old late bloomer, and if he continues to perform in the same vein there is no doubt he could be worth double that by the end of the season, thus giving the Cottagers an opportunity to make a huge return on their original investment.

With these points to consider, Guardiola should ensure that Txiki Begiristain and his scouting network keep a close eye on Seri's development at Fulham this season and consider his credentials to succeed Fernandinho.

https://www.footballtransfertavern.com/premier-league/profit-players-jean-michael-seri/

WhiteJC

Mitrovic comments put exit debate to bed

Aleksandar Mitrovic is a player who divides opinion, and one who will likely do so for the whole of his career.

Despite the fact that the Serbia international left Newcastle United this summer, he is still dividing opinion among the Toon Army about whether the club should have let him go.

During his time at the club, there was an obvious disparity between his style of play and the style of manager Rafa Benitez, with Mitrovic eventually falling out of favour under the Spaniard.

That disparity was clear for all to see, but Mitrovic's goalscoring form for Fulham, first on loan last season and now at the beginning of this term, means many still believe the club made the wrong decision in letting him go.

Mitrovic has now given his side of the story on his time at Newcastle, and his revealing comments should now put this debate to bed for good.

In an interview with the Daily Mail, he said: "Benitez plays defence and counter-attack. I tried to give my best but it wasn't me. I was just running and getting in the team shape. He told me what he wanted and I tried but I am 90 kilos and if I run so much defensively I have no power left when I am in the box. He knew I couldn't play in that style and I felt it too."

It is clear from his comments here that the two opposing styles of player and coach clashed so hard that both realised it was pointless even trying.

This clash is something that has been obvious for a long while, and yet many Newcastle fans seem to cling on to the fact that Mitrovic is a proven goalscorer.

Yes, he scores goals, but if Benitez, the man who has saved the club on countless occasions in the past three years, does not believe he can play effectively under him, then it was the right decision to let him go.

Keeping him around would have posed far too many problems for both Mitrovic and Benitez, and those headaches would have detrimentally affected the Magpies' 2018/19 season.

It is now crystal clear that Newcastle's decision to let Mitrovic leave was the right one, and the debate that is still raging among fans must now be put to bed for good.

https://thisisfutbol.com/2018/09/blogs/premier-league/mitrovic-comments-put-exit-debate-to-bed/

WhiteJC

West Ham must already regret failed Mawson pursuit

OPINION

West Ham must already regret failing to sign defender Alfie Mawson ahead of Fulham especially as it was reported that Winston Reid is unlikely to be fit enough to feature until after Christmas.

The Hammers were constantly linked with a move for the 24-year-old centre-back ahead of him sealing a deal to join the Cottagers and Manuel Pellegrini must now be kicking himself at not adding him to his squad.

The Times reported in June that the Hammers were confident of sealing a £20 million deal for Mawson however it was then claimed by Claret & Hugh later that month that Mario Housillos and Pellegrini had developed reservations about signing him.

It was claimed that the two senior Hammers figures weren't thrilled at the prospect of welcoming another player from a relegated side after recruiting goalkeeper Lukasz Fabianski from the Swans.

Pellegrini went on to boost his centre-back options in other ways, for example by purchasing Issa Diop and Fabian Balbuena, but clearly the Hammers are still vulnerable at the back.

So far in their 2018/19 campaign, the Hammers have conceded 10 goals in four league games and look as clueless at the back as they did last season.

While Diop and Balbuena both fared better against Wolves last weekend, it's clear Pellegrini could have done with another talented centre-back, one with Premier League experience, that would have helped his side's defence start the season on better terms.

Mawson was recuperating from a knee injury when joining Fulham this summer but he has quickly gotten himself fit and impressed in his first two outings for the side.

The 24-year-old enforcer's stellar performance against Exeter City and Brighton prove that the Hammers were no doubt foolish not to sign Mawson when they had the chance to as he clearly would have aided their current side.

Pellegrini also no doubt regrets not welcoming Mawson to the London Stadium already due to the situation regarding Reid.

The experienced centre-back was previously expected in July to be out a minimum of three months, as stated by the club's official website, but according to Claret & Hugh it now looks like he won't be back until after Christmas.

This means the Hammers must already regret not signing Mawson from the Swans when they had the chance to as he looks like he is about to help Fulham solve their defensive woes.

https://foreverwestham.com/2018/09/premier-league/west-ham-must-already-regret-failed-mawson-pursuit/

WhiteJC

Three Fulham players who have exceeded expectations this season – including this £25million superstar

Three Fulham players who have exceeded all expectations this season

It has been a topsy-turvy tale for Fulham in the Premier League so far. The Cottagers got off to a poor start on opening day, with a disappointing 2-0 loss to Crystal Palace. They followed it up with a better performance against Tottenham Hotspur but that was not enough to avoid a 3-1 defeat. However, Slavisa Jokanovic's men turned their fortunes around in their third game with a 4-2 over Burnley at home.

Jokanovic didn't hesitate to break the bank to sign new reinforcements in the summer transfer window. With the likes of Andre Schurrle, Jean Michael Seri and Aleksandar Mitrovic in their ranks, Fulham boast of a team strong enough team to do well in the Premier League.

The win against Burnley was a sign of better things to come. The likes of Mitrovic, Seri, Schurrle and Luciano Vietto all combined well together. Captain Tom Cairney was quite impactful when compared to the previous games and he provided some important deliveries into the box.

As a result, the Cottagers carried their positives into last weekend's clash against Brighton & Hove Albion. Although they have only themselves to blame for being unable to hold on to their two-goal cushion, they were arguably the better side in the 2-2 draw.

Here are three Fulham players who have exceeded expectations this season.

1. Aleksandar Mitrovic

The Serbian striker joined Fulham last season on loan from Newcastle United and played a major role in their promotion to the Premier League. Jokanovic made his deal permanent this summer and the 23-year-old has taken his game to a new level.

In the game against Brighton, the Serbian got on the scoresheet twice and played a key role in the team's 4-2 victory. He has used his towering 6ft 2 in stature to good effect, making a deadly impact with his headers so far. In fact, three out of his four goals have come from headers.

More often than not, Mitrovic seems to be the right place at the right time. He used his good presence of mind and headed in Ryan Sessegnon's low cross from the flanks in the second game against Spurs. The Serbian has shown good positional sense and was present at the back post to head in Tom Cairney's perfectly-measured chip ball.

The 23-year-old used every bit of his strength against Brighton and drove past the defender to make space for himself and found the back of the net. He is currently the top scorer in the Premier League and the Cottagers have every reason to expect more from him.

2. Jean Michael Seri

The Ivorian, who joined Fulham for a club-record fee of £25million, has settled down well at Craven Cottage and has looked impressive in the midfield. Not only has he been immaculate with his passing and ball distribution but he has also helped the team defensively with tackles and interceptions.

Seri made space for himself in the final third and fired a beautiful shot from the edge of the box to score Fulham's first goal against Burnley. He followed it up with a lovely assist for Schurrle against Brighton.

His vision and movement in the centre of the park have caused a lot of problems for the opposition and Fulham need him to perform well throughout the season if they are to stay alive in the Premier League.

3. Andre Schurrle

The German joined Fulham from Borussia Dortmund on a two-season loan deal in the summer and he has already hit the ground running with goals in back-to-back games against Burnley and Brighton.

He has looked quite lively, often drifting to the central areas to engineer attacks. Schurrle has utilized his pace and agility to good effect and has caused a lot of problems for the opposition, cutting inside onto his right.

He has worked hard and has been good with his positioning and movement in the final third as well.

http://www.mediareferee.com/2018/09/06/three-fulham-players-who-have-exceeded-expectations-this-season-including-this-25million-superstar/

WhiteJC

FPL tips – Here are 3 ideal replacements for the injured Wilfried Zaha including Fulham and Southampton stars

Three ideal Fantasy Premier League assets to replace the injured Wilfried Zaha

Fantasy managers will be sweating over the groin injury Wilfried Zaha picked up before missing Crystal Palace's trip to Southampton last weekend. It's funny how the Eagles were unable to win a single game last season without Zaha in the starting fold.

According to the Sun, Zaha's groin injury is set to keep him out for at least a month, which means the Ivorian will miss the international games as well as the Premier League clashes against Huddersfield Town, Newcastle United and Bournemouth.

The Ivorian is one of the most reliable options in FPL and managers will be scratching their heads as to who they can bring in to offer similar returns. Here we take a look at three replacements who are capable of replicating and maybe trump Zaha's efforts.

Aleksandar Mitrovic (Fulham)

The Serbian has already scored 4 goals in 4 games which keeps him at the top of the goalscoring charts along with Sadio Mane. He is £0.3m cheaper than Wilfried Zaha and is priced at a very reasonable £6.7m after starting the season at £6.5m.

Mitrovic is one of the Cottagers' main source of goals going forward and poses a massive threat from set-pieces. Though Slavisa Jokanovic takes his side to Manchester City next, Mitrovic is capable of punishing their shaky backline. It's advisable to bring in the Serb before his value shoots up again.

Marko Arnautovic (West Ham United)

West Ham United have so far lost all 4 of their games under Manuel Pellegrini as the pressure starts to mount on the Chilean. A newly assembled side has taken time to gel together but Marko Arnatutovic has remained the same old player.

Devastating in the attack and clinical in front of goal, the Austrian has already picked up 2 goals in 4 games this season, including a superb one against Arsenal. Though the Hammers have a testing run of fixtures coming their way, the former Stoke City man has proven that he is a fixture proof asset. He too is priced at £7m and will be a simple straight swap for Wilfried Zaha.

Danny Ings (Southampton)

One of the best budget strikers to emerge this season, the Liverpool loanee has seamlessly transitioned himself to Southampton's style. He has already picked up 2 goals in the last 3 games and will be aiming to do more damage when Brighton visit the St. Mary's next.

However, the Saints travel to Liverpool after the game against the Seagulls and Ings will not be eligible to play his parent club. But priced at just £5.6m, Ings is also a good option to shift to the bench for games like these.

The former Burnley striker has shown he is one of the best poachers in the league and not having him in your side would take away the chance for some major differential points.

https://soccersouls.com/2018/09/06/fpl-tips-here-are-3-ideal-replacements-for-the-injured-wilfried-zaha-including-fulham-and-southampton-stars/

WhiteJC

Fifa approve Fulham's Ibrahima Cisse switch from Belgium to Guinea

The 24-year-old Fulham midfielder previously played for various Belgian age division teams before switching international allegiance

Fifa have cleared Fulham midfielder Ibrahima Cisse to play for Guinea, after the Liege-born player previously represented Belgium at international youth level.

Cisse is now in camp with the Slyi Nationale in Mauritania and is expected to feature in Sunday's 2019 Africa Cup of Nations (Afcon) qualifier at home against the Central African Republic.

An anticipated formidable combination between Cisse and Liverpool midfielder Naby Keita has been the biggest talking point.

Then there's another player given the greenlight by Fifa to change nationality to Guinea. That is Abijan-born goalkeeper Ibrahima Kone, a former Ivory Coast Under-20 international.

"On the administrative side, the files of players Ibrahima Kone and Ibrahima Cisse have been settled by Fifa and Caf. They can play now in the Syli Nationale," said the Federation of Guinean Football in a statement.

Injured goalkeeper Aly Keita of Swedish side Ostersunds has been replaced by Horoya's Abdoulaye Kante who was the first choice at the African Nations Championship at the start of the year.

Guinea top Group H and are flying high in the qualifiers which they began with a 3-2 away victory over Ivory Coast in June last year.

http://www.goal.com/en-za/news/fifa-approve-fulhams-ibrahima-cisse-switch-from-belgium-to/arxvkw74vaxk127mdp7tw1l7h