more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sunday Fulham Stuff (09/09/18)...

Started by WhiteJC, September 09, 2018, 07:13:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Fulham trying to avoid Ryan Fredericks situation as West Ham circle again

Fulham are preparing to offer goalkeeper Marcus Bettinelli a new contract to fend off interest from Premier League rivals including West Ham United, according to The Sun.

After missing the first two games of the season, the stopper returned to the first team for the 4-2 win over Burnley and helped the Cottagers draw 2-2 with Brighton & Hove Albion by saving a penalty.

His form has led to an England call-up for the Nations League matches against Spain and Switzerland.

Gareth Southgate worked with Bettinelli when he was in charge of the Under-21s and has added him to his squad alongside Jack Butland, Alex McCarthy and Jordan Pickford.

The Sun reports that both Crystal Palace and West Ham United are interested in the 26-year-old, whose Fulham contract expires at the end of next summer.

The managers of both sides would seemingly like to bring in a younger man to challenge and potentially replace their current crop of aging goalkeepers.

Bettinelli, who has spent his whole career at Craven Cottage, apart from loan spells with Dartford and Accrington Stanley, was a key player as the London club earned promotion from the Championship last season via the play-offs.

Fulham are understandably keen to keep him and ensure he stays with the club for the long-term.

His involvement with the England squad will only heighten interest among other teams and strengthen his own negotiating position.

The Sun also claims that Chelsea were considering an approach during the summer.

He may well eventually graduate from an England Under-21 international to full honours if he continues to play as well as he is currently.

All the more reason for Fulham's keenness for him to sign a new contract and commit his future to the club.

Following the international break, the Cottagers resume their Premier League campaign by travelling to reigning champions Manchester City.

https://ninetyminutesonline.com/fulham-trying-to-avoid-ryan-fredericks-situation-as-west-ham-circle-again/

WhiteJC

Fulham Youngster Interesting The Big Guns

Finding young talent is an ongoing process.

Attracting it to the club is an essential part of the evolution of a playing squad.

However, it seems that having done the above then the next biggest challenge appears to be hanging on to it.

One such talented youngster in Harvey Elliott.

With the international break now upon us, several of the Fulham squad are away with their national squads.

As a consequence, Harvey Elliott has been drafted into the first-team squad for training.

The 15-year-old has been enjoying the experience.

However, his abilities, according to the news source, the Evening Standard, have seen Elliott attract the attention of some big name clubs, with Chelsea, Manchester City and the Catalan giants, Barcelona all following the progress of the youngster, thereby illustrating my earlier point perfectly.

Now whether Fulham can hang on to their exciting young midfielder remains to be seen, we can only wait and hope that is the case.

COYW's

https://fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/fulham-youngster-interesting-the-big-guns/

WhiteJC

Fulham could have another Sessegnon-style success story with Elliott

Fulham youngster Harvey Elliott has attracted the attention of Chelsea, Manchester City and Barcelona, according to The London Evening Standard.

What's the word?

The Cottagers earned their place in the Premier League this season by winning the Championship playoff final in May.

So far, the club have had a mixed bag of results having won two, drawn one and lost two in all competitions, but they have picked up just a singly victory in the league – a 4-2 triumph over Burnley.

At the moment, the club's focus is on navigating their way through the top flight and retaining their status, but they may need to switch attention to the academy.

According to the The London Evening Standard, Fulham's promising midfielder Harvey Elliott is being tracked by Chelsea and Manchester City, as well as La Liga giants Barcelona.

The 15-year-old is believed to have caught the attention of Cottagers boss Slavisa Jokanovic, but the youngster cannot pen a professional contract until he turns 17.

How should Fulham proceed?

There is nothing that the London club can do contractually just yet due to Elliott's age, which means that other suitors can jump in.

However, the best example that Fulham can use is Ryan Sessegnon, who was coveted by plenty of elite clubs before he turned pro.

In the end, though, the left-sided star opted to sign his first contract with Fulham and has gone from strength to strength.

Showing Elliott that he could take a similar path is the best way that the Cottagers can convince him to stay put.

From the player's point of view, continuing his development at Fulham is the best option for him as he risks getting lost in a sea of talent at so-called bigger clubs.

https://www.footballfancast.com/premier-league/fulham/fulham-could-have-another-sessegnon-style-success-story-with-elliott

WhiteJC

Bad news for Bernardo Silva before Man City vs Fulham

Bernardo Silva injury fears vs Fulham

Manchester City fans will be worried about fresh quotes from midfielder Bernardo Silva.

Silva was a starter for the reigning European champions on Friday night at the Estadio Do Algarve.

Portugal took on Croatia in the Nations League. The match finished 1-1.

However Bernardo Silva's evening ended at the break as the Man City star was replaced for Gelson Martins.

Silva has since confirmed he was subbed out the match for injury issues. He has a groin problem.

Bernardo Silva trolls Joao Moutinho

It's worth noting that Bernardo Silva has been active on social media on Saturday night.

The Man City star has trolled Wolves midfielder Joao Moutinho.

Moutinho has celebrated his 32nd birthday over the weekend. Silva has called his international team mate "old".

Man City vs Fulham

Premier League champs Man City return to action on Saturday.

Fulham arrive at the Etihad after a good start to the season for the Cottagers.

In recent weeks Fulham beat Burnley 4-2, before coming from behind to claim a 2-2 draw at Brighton.

Man City are fourth in the table. Pep Guardiola's men have three wins and a draw.

Man City's injuries

Will Bernardo Silva play against Fulham? Man City fans will have to wait for updates later in the week.

Raheem Sterling has a minor back problem. He should return against Fulham.

Elsewhere, Kevin De Bruyne remains a long term absentee for the Sky Blues.

The Belgian is sidelined with a knee injury.

Claudio Bravo is also a long term absentee, although Bravo isn't a starter at City.

https://www.101greatgoals.com/news/bad-bernardo-silva-man-city-fulham/

WhiteJC

Kevin McDonald insists Albania is a must-win

The dark clouds are gathering for Scotland after only one win and one goal in five games under Alex McLeish. A full-blown storm would ensue if Albania were to win the Nations League encounter at Hampden tomorrow. Midfielder Kevin McDonald doesn't seek to play down that fact.

"There's no hiding behind it, we need to win," said the Fulham man, who won his second cap in the 4-0 flailing by Belgium on Friday evening. "We're trying to build but we've played some tough friendlies against good teams that were at the World Cup. I understand there'll be questions asked about the manager but Monday's the main one. It's up to us to go out and prove we're capable of winning the group.

"No disrespect to Albania but they're no Belgium. We've got to go in there confident, to put across our style of play and we've got to win, simple as that. I'm sure it'll be pretty full and we've got to put in a good performance."

McDonald perhaps needs a good performance more than most. The 29-year-old is now exhibiting his talents in the English Premier League after proving a central figure in the London club's successful promotion push. He was deployed in the Scott Brown role on Friday and is not fazed at the onerous task of taking over from the now retired-from-international football Celtic captain.

"By the looks of it I'm in possession," said McDonald. "We'll see over the weekend, if I'm in the team on Monday then it's my shirt to lose. Broony had a fantastic career with Scotland and it's a big shirt to fill but one I'm confident of doing. I like to play football which is what the manager's put me in there for. I tried my best to do that but we've all got to buy into that, we've all got to be looking for the ball. As an experience it was great to play against probably the second-best team in the world at the moment [in Belgium]. Sometimes you have to admire a bit of quality play from them, sometimes we've got to sit back and defend in our shape and we did that at times, but at other times we were a bit all over the place. That's what we have to work on, it's a new team, I'm sure the gaffer will look into that and we've got to learn.

"I'm a confident guy and I know if the team wants to play that way I'll fit in well. I understand we've a lot of different options. Fortunately at Fulham we try to play football. It's hard trying to put these boys together and trying to work something from the back, it's different. But obviously for me, staying in the team would be great."

Read more at: https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/scotland/kevin-mcdonald-insists-albania-is-a-must-win-1-4797074

Bill2

Re Harvey Elliot. I thought there were rules to stop clubs from poaching promising youngsters?

hovewhite

Quote from: Bill2 on September 09, 2018, 09:40:08 AM
Re Harvey Elliot. I thought there were rules to stop clubs from poaching promising youngsters?
if I remember right man city have history of it.

cookieg

Quote from: hovewhite on September 09, 2018, 09:51:50 AM
Quote from: Bill2 on September 09, 2018, 09:40:08 AM
if I remember right man city have history of it.

Hopefully his parents will see what a good job we have done with the Sess twins and know where his best interests lie.

kiwian

So Fulham came from behind to draw with Brighton, hmmm, good journalism again.
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true?