Started by WhiteJC, September 12, 2018, 11:43:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

My team against Man City

Betts

Fosu-Mensah          Odoi          Mawson          Le Marchand

Anguissa          KMac          Seri

Sess          Mitro          Schurrle

I think Betts hasn't done anything that would cause him to be dropped, I know thats not a 'ringing endorsement' but I'm not sure there's a lot of difference between all 3 goalies?

There's been no word on Ream so I have to assume he's still not fit, he needs to get game time ASAP as we need a consistent back 4.

I've selected KMac as Tom will still be out? Seri one of the first names on the team sheet and Anguissa has shown so really good touches

I'd put Ryan on from the start, Vietto hasn't done much wrong (apart from giving away that pen) but I believe this game is one that Ryan can really shine. Mitro is the first name on the team sheet and Schurrle has shown  glimpses of how good he was/can be.

twang

Bettinelli
Fosu-Mensah - Mawson - Le Marchand - Bryan
Schürrle - Anguissa - Seri - McDonald - Sessegnon
Mitrovic

4-5-1/4-2-3-1 with Seri as the most advanced central midfielder.

Subs: Fabri/Rico, Odoi, Christie, Chambers, Johansen, Vietto & Kamara

RaySmith

Might be good to start Sess  instead of Vietto,  who has done well, because he  can also defend.

Milo

GK Bettinelli

RB Fosu Mensah
RCB Odoi
LCB Mawson
LB Bryan

DM MacDonald
CM Seri
CM Johansen

LW Sessegnon
CF Mitrovic
RW Schurrle

Sessegnon to switch with Schurrle and provide cover for weaker flank depending on how City attack.

Notable inclusions:

Fosu-Mensah gets one more chance to keep his place after losing his man on a number of important occasions last weekend. Le Marchand however does lose his for giving the ball away for two goals in two subsequent weeks. Both Odoi and MLM seem to take up good positions and make intelligent interceptions, but are prone to errors that get punished at this level. The decision to play Odoi instead came down to the fact he hasn't made one yet this season.

In midfield, Johansen fresh from two goals for Norway midweek and an assist against Exeter previously comes in to provide some box to box counter attacking threat.

In attack, Sessegnon's defending and his reputation (ie bizarrely as a fast paced winger hugging the touch lines) will be useful to peg back City's full back on that side. Kamara to come on as we tire around 70 minutes.

sunburywhite

I think we need to deny them space so would pick all the following to start

1. Marcus Bettinelli

3. Ryan Sessegnon

4. Denis Odoi

5. Calum Chambers

6. Kevin McDonald

7. Neeskens Kebano

8. Stefan Johansen

9. Aleksandar Mitrović

10. Tom Cairney

11. Floyd Ayité

13. Tim Ream

14. André Schürrle

17. Rui Fonte

19. Luciano Vietto

20. Maxime Le Marchand

21. Timothy Fosu-Mensah

22. Cyrus Christie

23. Joe Bryan

24. Jean Michaël Seri

25. Sergio Rico

26. Alfie Mawson

29. André-Frank Zambo Anguissa

31. Fabri

36. Luca de la Torre

43. Steven Sessegnon

44. Ibrahima Cisse

47. Aboubakar Kamara

50. Luca Ashby-Hammond
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Brightster#2

I like odoi but I would pick chambers. He has a lot of experience against top teams

————————Betts———————-
Fosu——mawson——Chambers—-Bryan
———————-mcdonald—————-
—————-Anguissa—-seri————-
Schurrle———————————vietto
————————mitro———

Subs: Rico, Christie, MLM, johansen, ayite, sessegnon, kamara

Count Flapula

Betts

———— Brick wall 1 ————

TFM   Mawson   MLM   Bryan

———— Brick wall 2 ————

Zambo
    Seri                 TC (if fit)

—— Machine gun turret ——

Shirley       Mitro          Sess

sunburywhite

Quote from: Count Flapula on September 12, 2018, 02:55:12 PM
                Betts

———— Brick wall 1 ————

———— Brick wall 2 ————

Zambo

—— Machine gun turret ——

How come you have dropped Minefield and SAS snipers from the team?
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

WOTM

Quote from: sunburywhite on September 12, 2018, 03:09:11 PM
                Betts

———— Brick wall 1 ————

———— Brick wall 2 ————

Zambo

—— Machine gun turret ——

... and don't forget that The Moat has performed well this season!

sunburywhite

Quote from: WOTM on September 12, 2018, 03:13:28 PM
                Betts

———— Brick wall 1 ————

———— Brick wall 2 ————

Zambo

—— Machine gun turret ——

We will have to make sure the Drawbridge is up for it

Denver Fulham

If Slav doesn't start Mawson and Le Marchand at CB, I don't really care what else he does because we'll be all out of sorts in the back.

Personally, I'd like to start Christie and Bryan at fullback. I think we need balance and threat on the wings to make City wary of the counter, and if Tom's not available, our central midfield is too limited offensively to threaten. Despite going up 2-0 at Brighton, I though we were mostly lacking ideas offensively, in part because of player absences and neither fullback being an effective attacking threat.

We're not stout enough defensively to play them to a stalemate over 90 mins away. We need to fight fire with (lesser) fire at times, and maybe they leave their shooting accuracy in the dressing room.

Milo

Quote from: Denver Fulham on September 12, 2018, 06:11:57 PM
If Slav doesn't start Mawson and Le Marchand at CB, I don't really care what else he does because we'll be all out of sorts in the back.

Personally, I'd like to start Christie and Bryan at fullback. I think we need balance and threat on the wings to make City wary of the counter, and if Tom's not available, our central midfield is too limited offensively to threaten. Despite going up 2-0 at Brighton, I though we were mostly lacking ideas offensively, in part because of player absences and neither fullback being an effective attacking threat.

We're not stout enough defensively to play them to a stalemate over 90 mins away. We need to fight fire with (lesser) fire at times, and maybe they leave their shooting accuracy in the dressing room.

Not sure how many MLM gift goals we can take against City..

filham

Depends on Ream and Cairney being fit, if there is doubt leave them out and have them back in good shape for the Watford game.

Betts

Fosul  Christie  Odoi  Chambers  Mawson Bryan Le Marcand

McDonald

Seri

Mitrovic

Vinnieffc

Quote from: Brightster#2 on September 12, 2018, 02:25:32 PM
I like odoi but I would pick chambers. He has a lot of experience against top teams

————————Betts———————-
Fosu——mawson——Chambers—-Bryan
———————-mcdonald—————-
—————-Anguissa—-seri————-
Schurrle———————————vietto
————————mitro———

Subs: Rico, Christie, MLM, johansen, ayite, sessegnon, kamara

I'm on this lineup with bells on..

Whitesideup

Odoi has been good so far.

Denver Fulham

Quote from: Milo on September 12, 2018, 06:44:54 PM

I'll gamble on MLM not passing the ball directly to Aguero more than Chambers or Odoi not getting roasted for numerous huge chances. But as long as MLM isn't at LB, I'll be happier than I was with the approach at Brighton.

gang

Quote from: sunburywhite on September 12, 2018, 03:17:03 PM
                Betts

———— Brick wall 1 ————

———— Brick wall 2 ————

Zambo

—— Machine gun turret ——

I would leave Betts out for Boiling Tar if they get past the brick wall.

Milo

Quote from: Denver Fulham on September 12, 2018, 07:49:43 PM
Quote from: Milo on September 12, 2018, 06:44:54 PM

I'll gamble on MLM not passing the ball directly to Aguero more than Chambers or Odoi not getting roasted for numerous huge chances. But as long as MLM isn't at LB, I'll be happier than I was with the approach at Brighton.

I haven't seen Odoi make any defensive errors so far this season? Agreed there were concerns he was out muscled in Championship by the bigger strikers but less likely against Agüero etc?

bornafulhamfan

Betts
Fosu-Mensah Mawson MLM Bryan
Seri Zambo Cairney
Schürrle Mitro Sess

If Cairney isn't fit, I would put Stefjo instead of him, as I think that Kmac is too slow for City midfield. I put Sess instead of Vietto as he is defensively better.

Grumpy Worthing White

Quote from: sunburywhite on September 12, 2018, 03:17:03 PM
                Betts

———— Brick wall 1 ————

———— Brick wall 2 ————

Zambo

—— Machine gun turret ——

Don`t forget the Saracen and Churchill Tanks  092.gif .