News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Can someone Serbian translate this Jokanovic interview?

Started by bornafulhamfan, September 14, 2018, 03:52:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bornafulhamfan

http://sportklub.rs/Blog/Neven-Cvijanovic/a251403-Jokanovic-Sport-Klub-Fulam-Srbija.html

I know a bit of Serbian and this interview looks really interesting, can one of the Serbs from this forum translate it please?

LRCN

summary from TIFF

currently really loving his job at fulham and hopes to continue for a long time. Long term would like to manage the national side as he sees it as an 'ultimate honour' as he did when he was playing. He feels he has something to prove in the premier league as no manager from former yugoslavia (except Bilic) has had any success here. He thinks the level between first and second tier is always big in any country, but especially in England - the premier league is incomparable in terms of talent. expectations have risen with the fans, but the clubs main objective is to stay in the premier league. The four games so far have been a period of adaptation to the premier league. The defeat against Palace was easy for them - they scored 2 out of 3 chances and we were unable to react (NT) -- Same Old Story, Friday, September 14, 02:33:03pm (NoHost/194.62.232.103)
Against Tottenham they are a better team and the defeat was no surprise. Burnley showed we can compete with the rest of the league, and Brighton was unacceptable that we failed to win. You cannot get caught on the counter like their first goal in a match you lead 2-0. Mitrovic has scored 4 of the 7 goals - he needed to adapt a little bit, but not much. Everyone in the group sees him as a great professional, and very hard working, and that is the most pleasing aspect, that we are happy with his qualities as a player, but also as a person. As a manager, there are two options, you can be a dictator, to chase, to not give them any breath. This is 'legal' but the results are short term and the authority begins to diminish. I prefer to show people that if they believe in me, and my style, and they follow me, it will be best for them, and the team. And when they buy into this, it creates success. I try to surround myself with loyal, worthy people - not who always agree with my opinion, (NT) -- Same Old Story, Friday, September 14, 02:40:16pm (NoHost/194.62.232.103)
He considers himself a strategist, and he believes in his methods, and wont run away from challenges in the future, including managing the national team. He hopes to continue managing for 20 years or more, so there is plenty of time to achieve that. At the moment the national team is settled, and he is busy and content, but the 60 games he played for the national side were his favourite memories as a player, so as a manager why would it not be the same? (NT) -- Same Old Story, Friday, September 14, 02:44:48pm (NoHost/194.62.232.103)

deano_632

Literal translation

Since he was a player, now is Slavisa Jokanovic and manager of the Premier League. Three years ago, he introduced Watford to the Premier League, but he did not stay in the club, but went to Maccabi. After a successful six months, Jokanovic returned to England, and last season he won with Fulham the return to the Prime Minister.

That's exactly what the 50-year-old expert spoke at the start of an interview with the Sport Club, an interview in which we touched on the start of the championship, Aleksandra Mitrovic, coaching philosophy ...

Man. City - Fulham

Jokanovic and Mitrovic go with Fulham to their legs "for their own soul" because they can hardly expect something other than defeat at this hosting.

"Working in the Premier League, especially for people from our ambience, is not a very easy mission. Apart from Slaven Bilic, I do not even remember someone from the former Yugoslavia who was the manager here." I crossed the Champion's level and this is a great opportunity for me to I think we will get to a higher level and we will play better football, definitely there is a difference in each country between the first and second leagues, and so in England. The great quality is concentrated in the Premier League, it can not be compared, " starts Jokanovic for Sport Club.

At the beginning of the season, Fulham lost home from Crystal Palace 2-0, then away from Tottenham 3-1, followed by a triumph over Burnley 4-2, in the end, a victory over Brighton (2: 2)

"We do not think much about the distant future, the primary goal is to stay in the league. We lost the first two games, and it's easy, since we came across two of the pre-premier league teams that beat us to experience - they did not need much, Palas us he did not give us space to play, from three chances they scored two goals and we could not react. We scored against Tottenham, but they are one of the best English teams and the defeat is not a surprise, after which Burnley, our best game, showed up we are able to win, and Brighton we had to close the match better - it's unacceptable that you get caught on the counter when you lead 2: 0 for 25 minutes to the end. In a positive process, there are many new players, I believe we will progress, we need is the time. "

Serbia's striker Aleksandar Mitrovic started the new season in an extraordinary fashion, having so far recorded four Premier League goals.

Slaviša Jokanović Bryn Lennon Getty Images Sports
"He adapted, but he did not need much. In the end, he came from Newcastle, he just landed down to London ... From the first day he showed that he was an excellent professional, pushing himself to be more successful and knowing that all the people in the club appreciate it as a crazed professional and a good guy ready to fight for this team. It is to me the greatest satisfaction - apart from being a great footballer, Mitrovic has shown that he is a very good person for the group. "

Asked to describe himself as a manager, Jokanovic replied:

"I'm trying to find a way for players to trust me and players respect me. There are two times to be respected. One is to be a dictator and to chase them, not to give them a breath, which is legal, but it's short-lived because the authority is rapidly wasting. The authority that I am trying to create is to show them that I still know more of them and that I can help them, to show them that they are the best option for both the team and them if they follow me. I try to have quality people around me, those who are not always in agreement with my opinion and who are worthy and loyal. "

In the previous years, every time the bench of the Serbian national team was exercised, the name of Slavisa Jokanovic was mentioned, and even he did not run away from the role of selector Eagle in the future.

"I enjoy my profession, has brought me many life experiences, both as a footballer and coach. I have no intention at all to retire or go fishing now, I hope that I will be able to work for another 20 years." As for the selector's position , why not, it is a great honor to be at the helm of representing my country. I previously defended the colors of Yugoslavia 60 and sometimes (64 matches, 10 goals), it would not be unusual for me to show such a chance at one point, and we will see whether at that moment it was real or not.When I was a footballer, the victories in the national team were my favorite, surely I would have been my favorite victories and as a coach of Serbia. However, at this moment, this place in the national team is occupied and I am the same busy. Now it's not realistic, but in the future, why not? "

PartizanFC

Deano translate it very well but he forgot to write begining of the interview..perheps he is Red Star fan...so he didnt wanted to mention Partizan FC :P :drums: 092.gif

"He was born in Novi Sad,memorable player of PARTIZAN FC,later of Deportivo La Coruna...most of his carier he spended in Spain,but chelsea fans well remember him becouse he played there from 2000 to 2002"

everything later is perfect translated  082.gif

Milo

I couldn't understand the English offal Pre-Match interview this week... let alone the Serbian ones!

Is it me or are his interviews getting worse?

gang

Quote from: Milo on September 14, 2018, 08:08:19 PM
I couldn't understand the English offal Pre-Match interview this week... let alone the Serbian ones!

+1

BlackWhiteArmy

Quote from: Milo on September 14, 2018, 08:08:19 PM

Yeah.. I know he lived abroad most of his life, and accents vary etc I also lived abroad most of my life at one point I did volunteer work on Iceland and had two English guys living with me for around 6 months, one from some small place around London and the other one from somewhere around Sunderland, first guy I understood perfectly, the other one I needed first guy to translate for me, but, with Slavisa, not only I was born in the same town as him, I was born in the same part of town as him and I still can't figure out the way he accents his words, and sometimes hardly even understand him :D

Pretty sure the interviewer is a Croatian based on the accent.