https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team in v Man City

Started by Friendsoffulham, September 15, 2018, 02:01:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackWhiteArmy

Quote from: ffcne on September 15, 2018, 02:16:58 PM
Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on September 15, 2018, 02:10:15 PM
I can't see that defence not conceding 4 goals.

And the rest.
Sess and Christie not the best defenders.
Fear a thrashing when you see their team on paper!!

Christie is not even a good attacker, he's championship player at best. I hope to God I'm wrong.
First game his crossing was absolutely shocking, couldn't hit an elephant 5 paces away, and he had crossed the ball a lot.
Odoi is a constant risk as well, making mistakes vs teams like City... This will be interesting :)

davew

No Kamara on the bench, Ayite the only attacking option, NOT GOOD!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

SuffolkWhite

At the end of the day everyone expects us to lose this one, so might as well experiment!
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

bog

As has been said Slav never ceases to surprise us! COYW!!  049:gif  :clap_hands: :yay:

092.gif

fulhamben

Damn, don't like the look of our subs  4 defenders, a dm and ayite.  That doesn't inspire me with confidence that we can change it if things don't go to plan
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

GJB

In recent seasons, the teams who have performed best against Man City have attacked the most and not sat back, so I can understand Slavisa's logic in playing attacking players in response to one of the messages above, teams who sit back rarely have a chance.

However, Bryan for me would have been suitably offensive in the LB role ... if sess didn't have the defensive quality to play at left back against championship teams, then i'm not sure why he will be any better against the best team in England.

Good to see vietto at left wing, we'll need his high fitness levels across the 90 minutes.

Southcoastffc

Pretty defensive bench, but pretty attacking XI
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

bornafulhamfan

Quote from: fulhamben on September 15, 2018, 02:45:39 PM
Damn, don't like the look of our subs  4 defenders, a dm and ayite.  That doesn't inspire me with confidence that we can change it if things don't go to plan
Maybe Slav thinks we'll surprise them with a goal or two and then he would change all of our attackers for defenders.

SuffolkWhite

I think he is expecting us to defend for long periods in the game and therefore our defence will be knackerd, quite literally!
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Fulham1959

Quote from: BlackWhiteArmy on September 15, 2018, 02:41:25 PM
Quote from: ffcne on September 15, 2018, 02:16:58 PM

And the rest.
Sess and Christie not the best defenders.
Fear a thrashing when you see their team on paper!!

Christie is not even a good attacker, he's championship player at best. I hope to God I'm wrong.
First game his crossing was absolutely shocking, couldn't hit an elephant 5 paces away, and he had crossed the ball a lot.
Odoi is a constant risk as well, making mistakes vs teams like City... This will be interesting :)

Luckily, Man City have no elephants in their squad.

Twig

Lol, for once we are in total agreement.

Lighthouse

It didn't look anything but a defensive midfield but they can't get anything going. We are in for the cricket score against us we were expecting. Still if Fulham had scored a goal like City's second it would have been a handball given. That is a fact.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Dodgin

Didn't expect too much from the game, seem to waste opportunities from corners though.

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: Twig on September 15, 2018, 03:04:16 PM

Lol, for once we are in total agreement.

I'm sure we'll be back to normal soon.