watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

On a hiding to nothing anyway

Started by Jimsbeerbelly, September 15, 2018, 03:40:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimsbeerbelly

But, still, why play Odoi, Christie, McDonald, and leave out MLM, Bryan, Mensah, Anguissa, and move Sessegnon to left back?

In all fairness, we were on a hiding to nothing anyway, but, I'd rather we still have a go with our best possible side.

Most fans will say it doesn't matter anyway, but, to me it does, City or Cardiff, you should always play to your strengths.

At this level, and especially against City, Odoi, McDonald, Johansen, Christie are all out of their depth, and moving Sessegnon back to leftback again, is just criminal.

I've a lot of time for Slavisa, but, at times like this, he really gives me the hump.

ron

Only following on text, but from what you've all said Slav has conceded any points before kick off and rested the mentioned players....

The one imponderable is having Sess at lb...the one striker they might be most fearful of.

Lighthouse

Well with the injury problems. It still makes no sense to play that midfield. Johansen would be handy in a side that can get forward. But we didn't need him and MacDonald trying their slow motion attempts to catch shadows. Seri is just being bullied off the ball. Anyway hope to concede less than 5 and we can call it a success. But the line up as often happens just confuses me.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Mince n Tatties

What did we spend on Anguissa,and he benched again?

filham

Well that line up was a puzzle, just hope Jocanovic has got it out of his system and returns to something more sensible next week.

Woolly Mammoth

Absolutely bizarre, poor judgement to pick that lineup. We sign quality players on the last day, for a lot of money, who are fit, and then do not pick them.
I was not going to comment as it would have been tough anyway. But to leave out Bryan and Frank, let alone others, made no sense.
Especially when Sess is more value to us further up the field.
Bryan is a very decent authodox left back.
What ever was Joks game plan, did not work, because he did not give us our best chance of surviving due to this mistifying lineup.
However, better teams than us will get beaten 3 0, but I am still disappointed with the way it panned out.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

cheese pie

And here we go...
We didn't need much time to start complaining about Slav's strategy. We are all "armchair coaches" again.
We also played against defending champions, an extremely strong City side (away), which will most likely be the strongest team in Europe this season.  :010:

The Old Count

It wouldn't have mattered which team we put out, City would have beaten us. They are miles better than we are.

It was an arse kicking contest with us providing the arse.

NCSUWhite

The lineup choices and especially the tactics didn't really give the team a fighting chance at a result regardless of whether City is better

Jimsbeerbelly

Quote from: cheese pie on September 15, 2018, 06:26:37 PM
And here we go...
We didn't need much time to start complaining about Slav's strategy. We are all "armchair coaches" again.
We also played against defending champions, an extremely strong City side (away), which will most likely be the strongest team in Europe this season.  :010:

And here we go, what?

Or, is it just the case, of another member, who can't handle others having an 'opinion', on an open football Forum?

Being 'armchair coaches' doesn't mean an iota either, again, it's 'opinions', which we are all entitled to here.

Whether you like it or not, and I will challenge you over this, Slav could have put out a stronger side to compete with City, reigning champions or not.

How 'boring' and 'arrogant' is it, for a coach to accept defeat, before even turning up for a game, so yes, I will get on his case..

HV71

I would simply love you to be in a room with Slav and telling him it was ' boring'and  'arrogant 'of him  . You absolutely have the right to voice that opinion and be critical but it's so easy to do on here but I think a bit more tricksy in ' real life ' face to face. Managers have to standup and effectively address millions in defence of their decisions ( and yet still back their players ) - somehow coming on here seems a tad tame in comparison. Slav's after match interview is as honest as you are Ever going to get. Count your chickens my dear fellow - you never know what might be around the corner . I for one am ecstatic to have been given the opportunity to even be back at this level with aCoach who has both principles and vision

Milo

I think Sess at LB was a mistake. I thought he would play Bryan and Sess LW to provided EXTRA cover..

Johansen was a good choice actually as he's shown form against Exeter and internationals..

Baszab

On the overseas broadcast, the Irish commentator who I forgot his name (normally pro- Fulham) said that Fulham showed a lack of respect to MC by not putting out a more sensible defensive team - is that fair ?

Lighthouse

Quote from: cheese pie on September 15, 2018, 06:26:37 PM
And here we go...

But City didn't look as if they had to work very hard. We didn't look to know what we were doing. Considering that every game this season we have come out and looked to make an impact. We didn't today. Players make mistakes and so do coaches. But the side that he picked looked as if their pre match training was, chase around a lot and let them pass around you and don't cover the gaps. City are a great side but today they didn't have to be that good.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

ffc73

For the third consecutive match we gifted the opposition goals. Citeh don't need the presents we gave & individual mistakes are costing us dear no matter what 11 we are putting on the park

HV71

Forget the opposition - if City are truly up for it they rarely look like they have to work hard. We were simply blown away by a much better team that has pedigree , experience and talent beyond compare.
Simples.

nose returns

I think slava picked a team to cause them problems. If we tried to sit back we would have lost by more. Personally i would not have played sef jo, IMO he is just not quite prem standard, i love him, but not quite good enough, this was a day for zambo.... otherwise i think slava knows how far we have to go to be a proper prem team.... we badly lack full backs, i am not over impressedby bryan, quite like fosu, mlm is an error of judgement and christie could become a good plaer but is way to raw at the moment. Vieto may yet be the man but was terribly lacking in physicality today and schurle is not quite firing on all cylinders..,. But slava needs to get the team to move the ball quicker and pass better.