watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Head Coach Reaction

Started by Friendsoffulham, September 15, 2018, 07:00:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

love4ffc

Lots of questions from this game.  Did Slav pick the best team?  Is he still trying to figure out his best starting XI?  Did he play the right formation to cover the fast pace of a top tier team?  Did he show enough respect for a top tier team? 

Personally don't think Slav is a fool.  Do think he needs to think about a plan B for top tier teams, i.e. possibly playing a 4-3-2-1 allowing for two holding midfielders to help cover the back four.  Do think he has to figure out, and quickly, who his best starting XI are.  Do think he might want to think about not committing as many players forward always in the attack leaving us vulnerable for the counter.

The faster Slav can figure out his starting XI, get them to gel and form a cohesive unit that both defend and attack at this level the better.  Unlike most who say this is early days I think every game is important.  That includes points and goals both for and against. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Mince n Tatties

One thing for certain is we desperately missed our captain yesterday, he's irreplaceable imo.

SuffolkWhite

I said before the game that Joka will experiment and he did. I think he wrote the game off and wanted to evaluate some of the players.

The mistakes that are losing us points are more worryingly our odd bad pass, and this comes from all over the pitch.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Berserker

I didn't expect us to win today or against  Spurs but if I'm honest I am disappointed with our start this season.  I am worried with our defence and I do worry about our survival in the Prem. I also am concerned whether Slav is up to managing at this level.

I know you will all shout at me but I wanted to be honest with what I feel

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

WolverineFFC

Quote from: love4ffc on September 16, 2018, 04:19:00 AM
Lots of questions from this game.  Did Slav pick the best team?  Is he still trying to figure out his best starting XI?  Did he play the right formation to cover the fast pace of a top tier team?  Did he show enough respect for a top tier team? 

Personally don't think Slav is a fool.  Do think he needs to think about a plan B for top tier teams, i.e. possibly playing a 4-3-2-1 allowing for two holding midfielders to help cover the back four.  Do think he has to figure out, and quickly, who his best starting XI are.  Do think he might want to think about not committing as many players forward always in the attack leaving us vulnerable for the counter.

The faster Slav can figure out his starting XI, get them to gel and form a cohesive unit that both defend and attack at this level the better.  Unlike most who say this is early days I think every game is important.  That includes points and goals both for and against. 

Yes, good questions in there. 4-3-3 is a great formation, but tweaking eventually will be required against the top 3 teams (City, Pool, Spurs) if the club want any points against them. My tactical confusion stems from what role the 2 wingers are playing against the top teams. Seems that Slava wants them to stay high and not get too deep, but the club has shown no ability to use them to release pressure. 

The one saving grace is how poor West Ham, Burnley, Huddersfield, Cardiff, and Newcastle have been. We have already faced both Spurs and City, so hopefully the club can start picking up some points over the next month to push off the bottom.

WolverineFFC

Quote from: the nutflush on September 16, 2018, 02:21:17 AM
Quote from: AnOldBrownie on September 15, 2018, 11:58:07 PM
Just listened to the NBCSN announcing crew and one of the two tools had the audacity to say that Fulham had disrespected City and deserved what it was getting.   Implying that Fulham trying to play it's own game instead of adapting and sitting back and taking it was an affront to Man City.

Pissed me right off.

Proper football pundits.... Lets play eight one one and bow down to the champions.

Yeah, what a cliche. Must be Fulham hasn't gotten the message yet that they are just there to make up the numbers...

Lighthouse

The point is he is not looking for his first team. He made clear that he will pick the best 11 for each game. It isn't like the Championship. In The Prem each team throws up a different problem. So the coach is more then happy, apparently, to chop and change. That comes from the man himself.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Del-boy

I think that we were to slow in the passing of the ball and we gave a lot of them to opposition. Midfield was out of sorts yesterday.

Whitesideup

Quote from: WolverineFFC on September 16, 2018, 01:04:03 PM

Yes, good questions in there. 4-3-3 is a great formation, but tweaking eventually will be required against the top 3 teams (City, Pool, Spurs) if the club want any points against them. My tactical confusion stems from what role the 2 wingers are playing against the top teams. Seems that Slava wants them to stay high and not get too deep, but the club has shown no ability to use them to release pressure. 

The one saving grace is how poor West Ham, Burnley, Huddersfield, Cardiff, and Newcastle have been. We have already faced both Spurs and City, so hopefully the club can start picking up some points over the next month to push off the bottom.
Just a minor point .. that Newcastle haven't been that bad with perhaps the exception of the draw away to Cardiff, which wasn't pretty by all accounts.  They have made life difficult for some of the top 6 (and we have seen just how hard that can be) and have had a ridiculously tough start - Chelsea, Spurs, Man City and Arsenal in the first 5 games.  You may be right but I would not judge them yet. Let's see how they get on in the next 5. 

The old mucker

Did I read somewhere that slav said this was the best team he could of put out for the game,if so how does that make Bryan ,Fosa and anguisa feel

PartizanFC

Who knows where could game goes if Serri didnt loose that ball so cheeply at 1st minute..plan of the game dropped same moment,he loose morale,all team dropped down...atleast Slav show some balls to play football against best team in ligue..
this time didnt work,next time who knows...
and yes,he could park bus but noone can assure me that result couldnt be the same...becouse at this moment our best part of team isnt defence..

Chutney

Quote from: Del-boy on September 16, 2018, 02:15:45 PM
I think that we were to slow in the passing of the ball and we gave a lot of them to opposition. Midfield was out of sorts yesterday.

It always is without Cairney
C O Y W

Chutney

Quote from: The old mucker on September 16, 2018, 04:19:09 PM
Did I read somewhere that slav said this was the best team he could of put out for the game,if so how does that make Bryan ,Fosa and anguisa feel

If they're professionals it will make them want to prove him wrong and earn their place in the side when they get the chance.
C O Y W

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The old mucker on September 16, 2018, 04:19:09 PM

Gutted I expect, but I hope that will drive them on to prove him wrong, and I reckon they will prove him wrong.
Because in my humble opinion on this occasion he was wrong.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

hovewhite

It was a bad game for the midfield to go missing.

Nick Bateman

Fulham had faults including Serri who looks a 'lightweight' luxury player in the PL, but our fortunes weren't helped by referee & lino allowing blatant handball for their second goal.  Once again Fulham get decisions against them, while Brighton have had 4 penalties already!
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"