watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I got a glimpse of the real Sess yesterday. And it was good

Started by BedsFFC, September 16, 2018, 08:40:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BedsFFC

I have found Sess a bit of a conundrum. Quite often last season he would be invisible and then he'd pop up with a couple of goals. Player of the championship was a touch too far. He wasnt even our POTS.

What I've not been able to get a grip on is how far he can go. What I saw yesterday was an 18 year old that is not out of place amongst the elite. He's not going to be our Bale. I dont think he's going to be our Ashley Cole but he is going to be a player that can play at the top end of the premiership. I can hear some of you saying "no poo sherlock" but until yesterday, I really wasnt sure.

I don't know if it's just his style but I get the feeling he is always playing within himself attacking-wise. I always feel he could present more problems than he actually does.

I thought he had a very good game

Artful Dodger

Didn't see the game yesterday but agree with the 1st two paragraphs and pleased to hear he had a good game on what was a tough afternoon.
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Milo

Would you have taken £50m for him last season amongst the hype?

BedsFFC

Quote from: Milo on September 16, 2018, 10:06:21 PM
Would you have taken £50m for him last season amongst the hype?

Hand on heart. Yes. I said on here that ryan would get us to premiership. I thought, through a fee which would enabled that.

However, after his massive involvement in the semi and final, I just wanted to see our boy play for us in the big time.

From what I saw yesterday, his value will not go down

..FOF..

I said over and over again, Sess played better when he is being cycled between Left Back and Left Wing, week in week out.

Scored more in the first half of last season in the Championship and have shown it this time when being switched to LB against Man City.

Probably creativity have to be forced on him at this young age.

Changing position can make him think differently because bigger top players can easily brush him aside if he don't adapt.

Snibbo

But, but, but .... I don't think he defends all that well.  Yes, he was up against an England international winger. Yes he's only 18. But I'd choose Bryan over him every time at left back.  (stands back)

..FOF..

Quote from: Snibbo on September 17, 2018, 04:33:02 AM
But, but, but .... I don't think he defends all that well.  Yes, he was up against an England international winger. Yes he's only 18. But I'd choose Bryan over him every time at left back.  (stands back)

I thought he defended well in the 1st half, pace for pace, and probably save us from being 2 more goals down by halftime.

Bill2

He did some good things going forward and defending and was far from our worse player.  It is the First time he has played at this level so will need some time to bed with a new team, so give him a chance and let him develop. He is only 18 and was playing against the best team in the UK if not Europe and did some good stuff.