watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

All Fulham supporters are equal but I do wonder

Started by SP, September 18, 2018, 07:00:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Russianrob

I love Fulham but confess to have become an armchair supporter for many years now.Living in Russia does not make it easy.However,I did get back for the play off final and in my almost 60 years on this Earth consider this to have been the happiest day of my life-Thank you FULHAM FC.

Westlondonffc

Lifelong fans that can't go anymore for whatever reason, that's fine. However the floating fans like the OP described are a joke and I'm sure the majority of us could never take them seriously

Buzz_28

Saturday's Game was a fine example -
Many 'fans' turning up 10 minutes late into the game not knowing or caring that we were 1 down then onto leaving before half time to get their drink quicker.
Second half followed not to be seen for another 10 mins and then to sit on their phones the whole game!!

I do love a moan but these people are stopping people who can't get tickets due to capacity. Man City was fine as the allocation was 3000 .

Lighthouse

Quote from: Buzz_28 on September 19, 2018, 01:19:24 PM
Saturday's Game was a fine example -
Many 'fans' turning up 10 minutes late into the game not knowing or caring that we were 1 down then onto leaving before half time to get their drink quicker.
Second half followed not to be seen for another 10 mins and then to sit on their phones the whole game!!

I do love a moan but these people are stopping people who can't get tickets due to capacity. Man City was fine as the allocation was 3000 .

Actually I sound like a hypocrite but I do agree with this. I never understood people leaving early. Or wanting to leave before half time to get a drink etc. Arriving late could be for whatever reason but having passed people downstairs having a chat then having to get up after the game had kicked off to as they sauntered in did annoy me. Still, takes all sorts. He says through gritted teeth.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

MJG

Fans always come and go from division to division it's nothing new.
When I started going we were in Div 2 averaging maybe 10k, we went down and crowds went down, we went up and crowds went up, we went down twice and then up again. Fans come and go and watch the level they are happy with. Suppose question is really how important is going to Fulham football club to that person's life. Or what do they look for from it?
For me I'll watch the team irrespective of which league we are in, for others it's about watching currently the best.
My father took me and he stopped going in the mid 80's
for ten years but I brought back to it eventually. Was he less of a fan at that time just because he wasn't going? Not from what I saw, it's just he fell out of love with the game and his life took him away from it.
There have always been the fan who comes and goes. It's why we don't always have the same number of fans in every division.
Just the views of a long term fan

Stevieboy

As in all religions you do not have to worship at the church.
And to compare attendances through the divisions is not really possible, otherwise Sheffield Wednesday would be getting massive gates.
We have an abundance of clubs in London and the majority are Premier League, a pro rata breakdown of individual city's attendances would be interesting i.e would we get 100,000 per week if we were the only Premier League club.......