more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

View from... Watford

Started by Milo, September 19, 2018, 11:22:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milo

Hope Terry R forgives me giving him the week off:

"I like Fulham, particularly the wooden stand. Reminds me of our old easterly one.
A big match for us.
Win & we are soaring. Otherwise a bit of a bump.

Expecting the Joka to be less happy go lucky than usual for this one. And not wanting to see the Mitrovic goal celebration.

Hornets by the odd goal in 5."

"Two totally different teams, styles, managers and football nutty supporters. It's a lunchtime kick off... at the cottage, in the middle of British lunchtime tea and cake. 22 grown men battle it out. Tackles fly in, Holebas gets booked, Deeney grabs his Cojones and Joka looks upwards as the hornets drove back with a 1-0 win."

"Would take a draw here to keep things ticking over."

"3 **** nil us."

"We've got to be beating the likes of these.

To be perfectly honest, I saw the thread title and assumed it was a cup match, but then, on reflection, I found out they're actually in our division. Well, good luck to them, plucky little **** team that they are, but not on Saturday. I hope they enjoy their season in the sun, but we can't have mercy.

Got to be putting 5 or 6 past this part time shower of ****, without reply."

"On to Fulham, they've had a tough start. Lost at City and Spurs, with a draw at Brighton, but comfortably beating Burnley at home. Their only really bad result was on opening day when they lost 2-0 at home to Palace.

I think their current position is a little false and they will see a game with us as a winnable one. I'm not going to predict this, as all outcomes are possible and I can make a case for a win, lose or draw."

"Fulham are absolute garbage, we'll absolutely destroy their little tinpot team, anything less than a 3-0 victory would be extremely disappointing.

Fulham 0-4 Watford

Are we booing or clapping Joka?"

"We've got enough players from the Jokanovic team to know his tactics inside out.

High line, kamikaze attacks. Our midfield will nick the ball off them high up the pitch and they'll be up **** creek. If I were to pick a team style that is perfect for Fulham and Arsenal away... It'd be Watford's."

"I think we have a good chance of winning this one.
Unchanged lineup (maybe Femenía for Janmaat) but introduce Chalobah earlier.

1-2 Watford. Deeney and Doucouré"

"We need to keep this cup run going so I hope we hope we can win this one in normal time and not have to rely on penalties."

"If we are going to end up top 3 we will need to be beating tin pot teams like this.

<Merson mode>
I fear for Fulham , I like the way they play , they are a plucky little team, and think <insert here> and <insert here> upfront make a formidable pair, but as I havnt really got a clue who plays for them or really know anything about them suspect that they will be one of three to go down
</Merson mode>

1-3 to Watford , could be 7 or 8 but we all loved Joka so we are going to take it easy"

So a pretty confident bunch by all accounts!

Update

"These are the types of games that make me nervous. It will all depend on our players mind-set for this one. Yes we have played brilliantly so far this season but we cannot go into this game thinking we will 'ave 'em. They will be looking at this game as a must win and will be up for it. If we don't match their drive, passion, fight and desire to win, we will lose."

"Never underestimate the Joka."

"We'll need to be wary of an upset here. They may have gotten a win against Burnley, but they'll be out to really try and make an impression against a big big team."

"I'm going 2-2 on this. I'd honestly be happy with a draw to keep the points ticking over."

"I bet they're well excited, playing two top four teams in the space of 2 weeks "

"Isn't it pretty much tradition that we lose, at least in the first few encounters, to all our former managers/coaches?

2-1 Fulham then, coupled with an injury time winner to add extra force to the punch in the gut."

"As for the game - a 1-1 draw."

"This will be a real test. Were those first 4 games and feel good factor a true reflection or were they down to a bit of luck and normal service resumes ?"

"Fulham. Did nothing when we went on the pitch when we won the league.
Fulham. Did nothing when we smashed them in our promotion season.
Fulham. Did nothing when their chairman put a statue of [Michael Jackson] outside their ground.
Fulham. What is a Fulham?"

"As long as its no worse than 1-0 to them at half time, I fancy a Watford win in this one."

ffcthereligion

The view from where? Who the f*** are Watford? Do they even have a rival? Rickmansworth casuals? Do me a favour.

Mince n Tatties

Bunch of glue sniffers by the sound of it..👺

Bassey the warrior

Sounds like they'd benefit from being taken down a peg or two. I hope the Watford players are feeling equally complacent.

hovewhite

Cocky attitude,we will score and make them realise they are not that good!

Bill2

Remember the game when we were promoted. They came to ours as second and we were top. They thought could get a result and we thrashed them 5-0. As one of them said they still have some of Joka's players from when he was there. Seems like a lack of new blood then.

Bill2

"Top 3" they are really having a laugh.

Jonnoj

Blimey Watford calling us tinpot is something else!
Some clubs fans astonish me with their misplaced arrogance. I sort of get it from ManU, Liverpool etc but Watford for heavens sake have precisely nothing to shout about. Even we've got a recent European final and a sprinkling of the games greats (Haynes, Best, Moore etc) to remember but apart from a brief era with a young John Barnes I'm struggling to get excited about any Watford team I can remember?

MikeTheCubed

It should be considered that a large proportion of Watford supporters are:

Man United and Watford
Chelsea and Watford
Arsenal and Watford
Liverpool and Watford

It is therefore expected that they will have a warped sense of reality compared to supporters of "Just Fulham".

snarks

Quote from: Jonnoj on September 20, 2018, 08:47:50 AM
Blimey Watford calling us tinpot is something else!
Some clubs fans astonish me with their misplaced arrogance. I sort of get it from ManU, Liverpool etc but Watford for heavens sake have precisely nothing to shout about. Even we've got a recent European final and a sprinkling of the games greats (Haynes, Best, Moore etc) to remember but apart from a brief era with a young John Barnes I'm struggling to get excited about any Watford team I can remember?

Watford are just one of those clubs, a bit like Milton Keynes, they exist therefore they are, no real local rivals, no real history (although I do remember a cup final and a high league finish under Graham Taylor). They hold a grudge, as they booed Ashley Young every time he touched the ball against them recently, even though he left for Villa.

Still they are having a good time at the moment and a good run, however there is usually one team that starts really well and slowly falls down the table and end up battling relegation. Huddersfield last year being the prime example. They will be a test of our resilience at home.

Lighthouse

Back in the Eighties had a few friends who were Watford fans . Have nothing bad to say about them. Yes they are cocky because they have had a great start to the season. We still are sounding out our own team let alone the opposition. As they have started so well a draw for us will be great. They play the sort of football we have always been rubbish against. Still we are owed a performance that doesn't begin as if we are scared and shy of the opposition. We deserve to be in this league so lets show it.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

HillingdonFFC

Laughable , obviously think they're a lot better & bigger than what they are.
Perennial ower division club until late 70s

Sgt Fulham

Hilarious, Watford calling us tinpot. I assume it comes from their less intelligent posters who have got carried away.

I like their team and the way they play. Its the sort of game that I don't expect us to win, but we are more than capable of doing so. These guys seem to think they're Barcelona?!

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on September 20, 2018, 07:10:15 AM
Bunch of glue sniffers by the sound of it..👺

If they are, they could get stuck on it.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Milo

Forever Fulham

Don't you just love reading the other side's message board about us?  We are the plucky little over-achievers.  The little club by the river.  They say major aspects of one's true personality is revealed when behind the steering wheel.  Maybe the same can be said for game result predictions.  The obnoxious cocky braggart, freely sprinkling unnecessary and over the top comments, peppered with expressions like  "garbage", destroy". "s* *t".  The name caller.  The cautious optimist.  The fair-minded objectivist.  Great stuff.  Football fans are a microcosm of the whole world.  Now let's get out there and crush them into dust, the lowlife scum.

hovewhite

nose returns

in reality this is a good test for both teams. the biggest issue we have is not having a settled defence and no ream. also as one of their contributrers said they can catch us on the counter attack. however, if we keep the ball and do what we do a bit better than the last two, we are capable of winning in style. i noted that people say they start slowly and finish well so we need to take that into account.  i predict a good game.

Wingnut

Quote from: hovewhite on September 21, 2018, 04:53:04 AM
There a top 4 team haha .

Top 3 according to some of them. Wonder who out of Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea they are planning on bettering.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

EastEndWhite

"We'll need to be wary of an upset here. They may have gotten a win against Burnley, but they'll be out to really try and make an impression against a big big team."

Who would that be then?   1500.gif