watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

View from... Watford

Started by Milo, September 19, 2018, 11:22:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

I just love being the under dog. There will be tears of despair from Watford players all over the pitch tomorrow. Not forgetting the floods of tears of their deluded supporters in the Watford end.
Might need to bring an umbrella and raincoat.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Watford_fc

On that forum some of the members do like to wind other opposition fans up by talking us up and speaking ill of whoever we are playing..

Not sure how much you should take seriously or with a pinch of salt!

As for tomorrow - we have started well and even in defeat performed pretty well last week so there will be confidence but we've only had the one home game and sure Slav for one will want to get a win over the Pozzos!

Fancy it will be quite an open attacking game with a few chances/goals!

snarks

Quote from: Watford_fc on September 21, 2018, 04:08:10 PM
On that forum some of the members do like to wind other opposition fans up by talking us up and speaking ill of whoever we are playing..

As for tomorrow - we have started well and even in defeat performed pretty well last week so there will be confidence but we've only had the one home game and sure Slav for one will want to get a win over the Pozzos!

Yep every club has them

Fulham games are averaging about 4 goals p/g so far

Mitch

Do Watford know they're Watford? Some of those comments, christ.

ffcne

Hope the Watford forum keeps churning  out their  insults .More gloating if we win.

MisfitKid

That was hilarious...  064.gif
May as well not even show up...
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

Milo

Up to a point, Lord Copper..

The first few are mildly amusing ... and then the novelty wears off. Would be good to hear what Watford fans actually think of our squad and our chances!

The Hornet

Quote from: Milo on September 21, 2018, 10:11:35 PM

The first few are mildly amusing ... and then the novelty wears off. Would be good to hear what Watford fans actually think of our squad and our chances!

Truth is, just as you haven't got much of a clue about our squad, we don't know much about yours. Of your players - Mawson was useless when we played Swansea last year, with an absolute howler leading to our winner at the Liberty. Mitrovic I think was still at Newcastle when we beat them 3-0 at Stt James but I can't really him having an impact if he was playing. Slav has obviously got more out of him than Benitez could. Schurrle we remember from Chelski, without being overawed. Intrigued to see how good this wonderkid Sessegnon is in the PL. More than ever the championship and PL are completely different animals. Cyrus Christie & Kevin McDonald - we've played in champs a few times for Derby and Wolves - run of the mill championship players who would be upgraded after a season in the PL. Seri and Anguissa - unknown quantities.

Our chances - fair - what we have had more than any of the 6 teams we've played so far, is fitness, the ability to go through the gears in the second half.

Re our forum - I'm really surprised such metropolitan sophisticates as yourselves haven't worked out that the whole place is full of self-deprecating piss-takes and 'bantz' but, given the dull-as-ditchwater nature of most football fora (including this one which I'm afraid to say is among the worst) where pre-match discussion is limited to a succession of squad suggestions followed by a cursory '2-1 us', maybe not. I thought the diversions into '30s architecture in Metroland and favourite German philosophers might have been a clue, though.

ffcne

Quote from: The Hornet on September 22, 2018, 09:04:56 AM

Truth is, just as you haven't got much of a clue about our squad, we don't know much about yours. Of your players - Mawson was crap when we played Swansea last year, with an absolute howler leading to our winner at the Liberty. Mitrovic I think was still at Newcastle when we beat them 3-0 at Stt James but I can't really him having an impact if he was playing. Slav has obviously got more out of him than Benitez could. Schurrle we remember from Chelski, without being overawed. Intrigued to see how good this wonderkid Sessegnon is in the PL. More than ever the championship and PL are completely different animals. Cyrus Christie & Kevin McDonald - we've played in champs a few times for Derby and Wolves - run of the mill championship players who would be upgraded after a season in the PL. Seri and Anguissa - unknown quantities.

Our chances - fair - what we have had more than any of the 6 teams we've played so far, is fitness, the ability to go through the gears in the second half.

Re our forum - I'm really surprised such metropolitan sophisticates as yourselves haven't worked out that the whole place is full of self-deprecating piss-takes and 'bantz' but, given the dull-as-ditchwater nature of most football fora (including this one which I'm afraid to say is among the worst) where pre-match discussion is limited to a succession of squad suggestions followed by a cursory '2-1 us', maybe not. I thought the diversions into '30s architecture in Metroland and favourite German philosophers might have been a clue, though.
Thought you did 'nt know much about our squad?Just given a profile of several of our players.
Yes some of the comments on the board are humorous .But ''many a true word said in jest''

Milo

Quote from: The Hornet on September 22, 2018, 09:04:56 AM

Truth is, just as you haven't got much of a clue about our squad, we don't know much about yours. Of your players - Mawson was crap when we played Swansea last year, with an absolute howler leading to our winner at the Liberty. Mitrovic I think was still at Newcastle when we beat them 3-0 at Stt James but I can't really him having an impact if he was playing. Slav has obviously got more out of him than Benitez could. Schurrle we remember from Chelski, without being overawed. Intrigued to see how good this wonderkid Sessegnon is in the PL. More than ever the championship and PL are completely different animals. Cyrus Christie & Kevin McDonald - we've played in champs a few times for Derby and Wolves - run of the mill championship players who would be upgraded after a season in the PL. Seri and Anguissa - unknown quantities.

That's more like it!

Popular opinion on the forum seems to be that Mawson is a good leader and an upgrade on Odoi/MLM. We haven't really seen enough of him yet though as was injured for the start of the season.

Mitrovic is on fire! He will hold off your defenders with his back to goal and hold it up on the edge of the penalty area before laying off to Schurrle/Sess or turning and finding the bottom corner himself. He's also great in the air. One to be wary of!

Schurrle.. we had a thread the other day where we discussed whether he was a little selfish at times this season and needed to mould into the team a bit more. Definitely has a great shot on him still.. the Damien Duff comparisons made when he moved were pretty accurate I reckon!

Poor old Sess has got this reputation as a fast out-and-out winger which he never was. He will be absent for most of the game and you'll think your full back is having a "blinder!". When in fact he will pop up and score a winner or make that killer through ball by being in the right place at the right time. He's definitely not the finished article and yet to shine this season but we had glimpses against City.

Seri is a great signing. Good range of passing and a solid tackler too. Should run our midfield but gave away the first goal v City with a loose ball inside 2 minutes so fingers crossed it hasn't knocked his confidence after a very promising start to the season.

Ps with regards philosophers football, I was waiting for the Monty Python video to pop up on your thread! Rest assured Karl Marx will be warming up for us in the second half ..

SP

The Watford fans seemed to suffer from a severe case of premature celebration today.

hovewhite

Quote from: SP on September 22, 2018, 05:19:22 PM
The Watford fans seemed to suffer from a severe case of premature celebration today.
it could have been ejaculation,but what a shower that would have been!