more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Q&A’s from the Millwall Supporters Club

Started by Friendsoffulham, September 24, 2018, 09:29:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

Hi guys,

My name is Michael Avery and I am the journalist for the Millwall Supporters Club.

If possible would it be ok if I sent you some questions to answer before the game?  I will put this in the match preview I will be writing.

Thanks,

Michael

1.  After promotion last season, Fulham have had a reasonably good start to life back in the Premier League.  How do you think the season has been so far?

2. Do you think you may be in a relegation fight this season, or do you think you may have enough to stay in the division comfortably?

3.  You've played one game in the cup so far with a straight forward 2-0 win against Exeter.  How is the league cup viewed by the club and the fanbase?

4.  Last season Millwall were one of the sides who were up there challenging for promotion, has our current run surprised considering how close we were last season to gaining a play-off place?

5.  Aleksandar Mitrovic has signed permanently from Newcastle and has been in great form scoring five goals already this season. Can you see him featuring against the Lions?

6.  Which other players do Millwall need to look out for?

7.  What do you think the score line will be?

snarks

Hi

1. Much as I expected, the Premier League has changed a lot since Fulham were last there, the players generally are bigger and faster. I think players and management are a bit surprised at this, and I am, but the investment was generally sound, and given for the 3rd year running we have bought a completely new team it will take time for them all to get used to playing how Slav wants.

2. No, but I expect Fulam to finish in the bottom half of the table, 11 -14 is my guess.

3. I'd like the club to do well in every competition, as I'm sure every fan of every club does, but it is not really the priority for me as a fan this season, for now staying in the Premiership has a higher priority.

4. Not really, like Fulham you started slowly last season and came good at the end, I can see that happening again. I always think fans who anticipate 1 season following the next in exactly the same pattern it finished are unrealistic.

5. In a word No.

6. I'm guessing on the line-up but think it will be similar to the team that played in the championship last year, so Kamara instead of Mitro up front could be interesting.

7. I don't think Millwall will put their best team out for this either so I'm going 3-1 to Fulham.

Wingnut

1. The pace of the PL has shocked me more than anything. The speed at which Man City and Palace, to a lesser extent, played at was frightening. Outside of that, the overly corporate nature of City was a surprise to me.

2. I think we'll be ok this season, bottom half of the table but still ok. Cardiff, Huddersfield and Newcastle are going to struggle this season.

3. PL is our top priority without a doubt but I'd love to have a really good run in the cups. My biggest regret from our last PL stint was our inability to get to a cup final.

4. Slightly but I fully expect you to be battling for a top six finish at the end of the season. Just think you need some time to get settled.

5. I think Joka will let him sit this one out.

6. Kamara will start up front, I'd imagine, so he is going to need some attention. He scored twice against Exeter. If Seri plays and I doubt that he will, you'll need to watch him.

7. I think it's going to be a tough game for us, Millwall away always is, so I'll go for 1-2 to us.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

The Rock

1.  We should be higher in the table and should be playing better than we are, but we still need to gel. We lack 2 quality CB's and don't know our best starting 11. We've made silly mistakes against teams like Citeh and it won't go well when you do that. 15th in the table is probably fair.

2. Not at all, we will be getting better with each passing game, BUT it won't be comfortable either and the table I expect to look much like it did last year; with 2 games to go 8th place on 42 points and 17th place on 36 points, making it uncomfortable for any of the non-Top 6.

3.  Different competition. I'd expect to see our 2nd 11 in the Cup, which is not much worse than our first 11.

4.  Until you mentioned it, I hadn't noticed. It is surprising, but we are familiar with the hangover effect of life in the Championship and we also started poorly last term out after such an exciting run the year prior. I do think Milwall was good value last term though.

5.  Kamara/AK-47 will likely feature instead, but Mitro is the kind of player who is there to score rather than run all over the pitch. Not quite like Berbatov though, he still hustles. He can prob play every 3 days or so.

6.  From our 2nd 11? Most everyone; we have a few starlets coming through that might play, Matt O'Riely and the 15 year old being watched by the Top 4.

7.  2-0 Fulham. You could catch the 2nd team on a bad night though, so you never know. We won 3-0 in our last meeting and remember us barely being bothered and could have been worse. It will have to go in a different direction from the get go for the result to turn out otherwise.