Started by bornafulhamfan, October 07, 2018, 10:57:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bornafulhamfan

I would play something like this:

Betts
Odoi/Chambers Ream/Odoi MLM Sess
Seri Zambo Cairney
Schuerrle Mitro Vietto

I would definitely start Odoi. I'm not sure if I would rest Ream in order to get him in to full fitness or start him. In the first scenario I would try Chambers at rb(he surely can't be worse than Christie) and play Odoi at cb, in the second scenario Odoi at rb and Ream at rcb. Cardiff could be a good game for Zambo to raise his confidence so he should start too imo. Cairney if fit is than he is the first name on the teamsheat for me. The rest of the team picks itself.

@jolslover

Rico
Odoi Ream Mawson Sess
Seri Anguissa Cairney
Schurrle Mitro Vietto

Something like this?

Think we would be showing Cardiff too much respect if we played 5atb in all honesty.

I don't know. I can tell you that we should start those 3 midfielders and those 3 attackers. Can also tell you Rico should get a game. But the defence I have no clue.
STH H3

We Are Premier League

Re: Lineup for Cardiff

« Reply #1 on: Today at 11:09:56 PM »

Rico
Odoi Mawson Ream Mlm
Seri Anguissa Cairney
Schurrle Mitro Sess

Facts Not Fiction

It's time for Rico. Bettinelli has had a chance, and has done okay, but the defence needs sorting, and it's leaking goals with him in it.

Rico

S. Sessegnon Odoi Mawson Ream R. Sessegnon

Cairney Anguissa Seri

Schurrle Mitrovic

..FOF..

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on October 08, 2018, 12:04:11 AM
It's time for Rico. Bettinelli has had a chance, and has done okay, but the defence needs sorting, and it's leaking goals with him in it.

Rico

Cairney Anguissa Seri

Schurrle Mitrovic

Agree with experimenting with 5 at the back and Steve Sess should be given a chance now.

The rest should be closely monitored before assuring them of the first 11.

hovewhite

Quote from: ..FOF.. on October 08, 2018, 03:10:59 AM

Rico

Cairney Anguissa Seri

Schurrle Mitrovic

Agree with experimenting with 5 at the back and Steve Sess should be given a chance now.

The rest should be closely monitored before assuring them of the first 11.

was hoping Steve sess would be bought on yesterday for a hapless Christie.

New Kid on the Block

All of you have picked Anguissa, as one of the three in the middle. Why? He hasn't impressed me in any game so far. Bring back KMac I think. TBH, after the first two games, I don't think Seri has set the world alight, but we should keep him in a little longer, as he has played a little better than Zambo.

I think that dropping Betts would be harsh too. If he's considered to be crap, when we have tightened up the defence, than yeah. Don't single him out now as the weak link though.

bornafulhamfan

Quote from: New Kid on the Block on October 08, 2018, 06:39:46 AM
All of you have picked Anguissa, as one of the three in the middle. Why? He hasn't impressed me in any game so far. Bring back KMac I think. TBH, after the first two games, I don't think Seri has set the world alight, but we should keep him in a little longer, as he has played a little better than Zambo.

I think that dropping Betts would be harsh too. If he's considered to be crap, when we have tightened up the defence, than yeah. Don't single him out now as the weak link though.

As I have already said, I see a lot of potential in Zambo and I believe that he maybe lost confidence. I don't think there is a better game to regain confidence than the game against worst team in the league. I also don't think Betts should be dropped yet, but I agree that Rico deserves a chance too.

Classic94

Rico

Cairney Anguissa Seri

Schurrle Mitrovic

I honestly think this is the way forward, at least for the immediate future. We have to stop leaking goals and build some confidence.

Wingnut

Betts
Odoi Mawson Ream Mlm
Seri Anguissa Cairney
Schurrle Mitro Sess

I'm worried about Mlm, Serri & Anguissa for the Cardiff game. It's going to be a new experience for them when it comes to the style of football.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

HV71

Quote from: Wingnut on October 08, 2018, 10:00:15 AM
Betts
Odoi Mawson Ream Mlm
Seri Anguissa Cairney
Schurrle Mitro Sess

I'm worried about Mlm, Serri & Anguissa for the Cardiff game. It's going to be a new experience for them when it comes to the style of football.

I share your view and would be tempted with our old Championship midfield to get this game won

MJG

Rico
Odoi Chambers Ream Mawson Sess
McDonald Seri Cairney
Schurrle Mitrovic
Just the views of a long term fan

twang

Bettinelli
              Odoi - Mawson - Ream
Ayite - Cainey - Anguissa - Seri - Sessegnon
                 Mitrovic - Kamara

grandad

I would play a 4-1-2-3 With McDonald in for Zambo, Odoi at RB & Mawson & Ream as CB´s. MLM is our only option at LB as Sess must play further up on the left. Not too sure if Cairney will be 100% so would have a punt at  DLT to be on the bench if Cairney doesn´t do the 90 mins or is not available. I would stick with Betts as he can at least speak English & does not flap at the ball.
Where there's a will there's a wife

milis

If Cairney isn't available I would try Schurrle in his place:

Bettinelli
Odoi - Chambers - Mawson - MLM
                   KMac
            Seri          Schurrle
    Vietto       Mitro       R.Sess

Otherwise:

Bettinelli
Odoi - Chambers - Mawson - R.Sess
                   KMac
            Seri           Cairney
    Vietto       Mitro        Schurrle

I would try Rico, but that is a bit of gamble, so maybe in match vs Liverpool

filham

After yesterday I think I can be positive in some areas, I would go for:-

Betts
                                          ?          ?                  ?          ? 
                                                               ?
                                                  ?                      Cairney
                                   ?                                                                       ?

Mitrovic

Jocanovic must forget his experiment with three at the back , it was a disaster.

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: filham on October 08, 2018, 12:10:35 PM

Betts
                                                               ?

Mitrovic

Jocanovic must forget his experiment with three at the back , it was a disaster.

Positive for Bettinelli? On what basis?

And the disaster only came after we went 4 at the back.

MJG

Quote from: filham on October 08, 2018, 12:10:35 PM

Betts
                                                               ?

Mitrovic

three at the back wasn't a disaster.
Just the views of a long term fan

west kowloon white

What scorline is a disaster?

colinwhite

It doesnt matter what system you play,if you allow players to turn in your six yard box and score at the near post you are in trouble.