Main Menu

Lineup for Cardiff

Started by bornafulhamfan, October 07, 2018, 10:57:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: Southcoastffc on October 18, 2018, 04:03:42 PM
Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on October 18, 2018, 09:23:02 AM
Quote from: Southcoastffc on October 18, 2018, 08:28:50 AM
I am very surprised to read that people are calling for Betts to give way to Rico, with no real explanation other than 'why did we bring in Rico'.  Betts has, unfortunately, probably been one of our best players so far. Its not his fault that we have had such a poor, muddled start defensively. 

People call for Rico because he is a far superior goalkeeper.

Bettinelli has been okay, but unspectacular.
Where is the evidence of this superiority?

Look at the respective careers.

Denver Fulham

I would like to see Rico get some games, but not against Cardiff considering he's looked timid at times coming off his line. Given the Cairney news, I'd go with...

Betts
Christie  Mawson  MLM  Sessegnon
          Anguissa  Seri
Ayite      Schurrle      Vietto
              Mitrovic

..FOF..

Betts
Christie  Anguissa Mawson Seri  MLM  Sessegnon     
             Ayite      Schurrle      Vietto

Mitrovic

Facts Not Fiction

With no Cairney, its time for the American dream.

Viva Luca de la Torre.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on October 19, 2018, 08:07:49 AM

Viva Luca de la Torre.
Really, I'm not intending rudeness, but your recent posts belie your handle.  I don't think that you're ready to manage a PL team 😊
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: Southcoastffc on October 19, 2018, 08:49:43 AM

Viva Luca de la Torre.
Really, I'm not intending rudeness, but your recent posts belie your handle.  I don't think that you're ready to manage a PL team 😊

Well, who else would you use?

JakeFFC

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on October 19, 2018, 09:26:47 AM

Viva Luca de la Torre.

I would like to see Seri played more offensively and play McDonald with Anguissa in the holding role.

Personally while I feel Betts does an okay job (and he has improved a lot over the last few years) I'm just still not convinced he is a keeper that a mid table/top 10 prem team would have. After all, that's what we should be aspiring for.
I thought Fabri was thrown in the deep end and left to sink and Rico I haven't seen enough of to make a comment on if he should start. His career however is impressive.

For me it would be

GK (whoever Slav thinks trains best)
Fousa Mensa    Mawson    MLM    Sess
             Anguissa     K Mac
  Schurrle        Seri            Vietto
                    Mitro

The inclusion of Kmac gives us experience against Cardiff and an extra defensive set of legs to cover the back line. Get a clean sheet saturday and that will start breeding confidence.

Maidstone Lee

My team;

Betts
TFM/Odoi  Mawson  Ream  MLM
          Anguissa  Seri
Vietto      Schurrle     Sess
              Mitrovic
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

fulhamben

Quote from: JakeFFC on October 19, 2018, 09:53:32 AM
Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on October 19, 2018, 09:26:47 AM

Viva Luca de la Torre.

I would like to see Seri played more offensively and play McDonald with Anguissa in the holding role.

Personally while I feel Betts does an okay job (and he has improved a lot over the last few years) I'm just still not convinced he is a keeper that a mid table/top 10 prem team would have. After all, that's what we should be aspiring for.
I thought Fabri was thrown in the deep end and left to sink and Rico I haven't seen enough of to make a comment on if he should start. His career however is impressive.

For me it would be

GK (whoever Slav thinks trains best)
Fousa Mensa    Mawson    MLM    Sess
             Anguissa     K Mac
  Schurrle        Seri            Vietto
                    Mitro

The inclusion of Kmac gives us experience against Cardiff and an extra defensive set of legs to cover the back line. Get a clean sheet saturday and that will start breeding confidence.
like your team, but if odoi is to be dropped from cb, then id def have him at rb. much better than chrystie or mesah
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Woolly Mammoth

Yes a first clean sheet would do wonders for moral and confidence, especially from a keepers perspective. Man for man we have the better quality, but as we all know, it takes a good deal of application, commitment and workrate, not forgetting organisation and preparation, and a dollop of good fortune now and again to win a match, let alone trying to win playing football that is easy on the eye.
But there is no reason why winning and winning well with football that Slavisa embraces.
It's just that there is more ways than one way of winning a game, or saving a game, or just being plain hard to beat.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Deeping_white

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on October 19, 2018, 12:00:46 AM
Quote from: Southcoastffc on October 18, 2018, 04:03:42 PM
Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on October 18, 2018, 09:23:02 AM
Quote from: Southcoastffc on October 18, 2018, 08:28:50 AM
I am very surprised to read that people are calling for Betts to give way to Rico, with no real explanation other than 'why did we bring in Rico'.  Betts has, unfortunately, probably been one of our best players so far. Its not his fault that we have had such a poor, muddled start defensively. 

People call for Rico because he is a far superior goalkeeper.

Bettinelli has been okay, but unspectacular.
Where is the evidence of this superiority?

Look at the respective careers.

Betts also conceded 5 goals from 7 shots on target against Arsenal, if that was Fabri the vitriol against him would've been unbearable. I know he's everyone's favourite but seeing as he's not really done much in terms of stemming the flow of goals, I see no reason to not give Rico a go and seeing how he gets on.

Asotosyios

Bettinelli
Christie, Odoi, Ream, Le Marchand
Seri, Anguissa, Johansen
Schurrle, Mitrovic, Sessegnon

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Asotosyios on October 19, 2018, 11:42:01 PM
Bettinelli
Christie, Odoi, Ream, Le Marchand
Seri, Anguissa, Johansen
Schurrle, Mitrovic, Sessegnon

Would like to see Mawson at the back, not sure that Ream is conditioned and quite ready for a game like this. Would like also to see Kevin Mac playing,  as it's his kind of game with Zambo, and it's Cardiff not Liverpool, and he can handle it.
As for Vietto, I would not select him as I don't think he can make an impact in this match. It could be physically too much of a challenge, I could be wrong, just trying to be wise before the event.
We are going to have to go toe to toe at times during this match, and players have to win their own battles.
Having said that, we don't want to ge involved too much in a dog fight during this match. We can succeed by outplaying them, but they will try and get in our faces, and break play up, and we need to have the right characters on the pitch for the full 90 minutes.
Our midfield has to be solid.
This match has to be played at our tempo.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Statto

Without Cairney

Rico
Chambers - Mawson - MLM/Ream - Sessegnon
Mcdonald - Anguissa - Seri
Schurrle - Mitrovic - Ayite

Riversider

Everyone saying Seri and Anguissa but will they actually play ?
Both were involved in The Africa Cup of Nations and possibly not back at the training ground until Thursday morning,
Not saying they won't start but I will be a little bit surprised if they do start.