watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

COYW

Started by cheese pie, October 10, 2018, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cheese pie

First of all, I have to apologize about my English..I'm a Serbian guy living in London for 11 years. Since I was a child my favourite club was Partizan Belgrade (both Jokanovic and Mitrovic's former club back in time). I used to support Liverpool too (blame me, how should I know). To be honest, I've started to follow Fulham when Slav got the job. Then, last year when Mitro arrived, went to my first match at Craven Cottage. Since then, me and my younger son never missed a single match at home (including final vs Villa at Wembley - all my family, four of us were cheering Fulham out loud). That atmosphere reminded us on Partizan matches back in Serbia. As I said, I've never missed a single HOME match so far (in the future, I'll definitely start making some trips to away matches aswell). I understand that Fulham supporters are people who come to the matches as families, and therefore atmosphere cannot be as loud as I wish to be. Fulham fans are not a bunch of hooligans and loosers like QPR (Villa or some other teams) followers are..
Now, my heart got stuck with Fulham. I know, that one day Mitro and Jokan will go..(soon or later) but I'll continue to follow Fulham (supporting, going to the matches etc..). This is my club now!
Sorry about long intro, but I had to write it down..

OK..I know, and I understand that people have big expectations from our club. I can understand that after last season's fantastic unbeaten run and that glorious match at Wembley, people were expected from team to continue with the same pace (especially after splashing 100 millions for new players), but you have to understand that Premier League and Championship are different dimension. We did need those players if we want to try to compete at PL. Also, almost completely new squad, players who never played together, will need longer time to start knowing each other (to gel).
Therefore, I CANNOT UNDERSTAND our fans moaning about everything, but EVERYTHING.. That makes me sad. Don't you have any patience? Give them a support! Time and support.. Don't be a bunch of whiners. COYW!!!

RaySmith

Quote from: cheese pie on October 10, 2018, 10:56:41 AM
First of all, I have to apologize about my English..I'm a Serbian guy living in London for 11 years. Since I was a child my favourite club was Partizan Belgrade (both Jokanovic and Mitrovic's former club back in time). I used to support Liverpool too (blame me, how should I know). To be honest, I've started to follow Fulham when Slav got the job. Then, last year when Mitro arrived, went to my first match at Craven Cottage. Since then, me and my younger son never missed a single match at home (including final vs Villa at Wembley - all my family, four of us were cheering Fulham out loud). That atmosphere reminded us on Partizan matches back in Serbia. As I said, I've never missed a single HOME match so far (in the future, I'll definitely start making some trips to away matches aswell). I understand that Fulham supporters are people who come to the matches as families, and therefore atmosphere cannot be as loud as I wish to be. Fulham fans are not a bunch of hooligans and loosers like QPR (Villa or some other teams) followers are..
Now, my heart got stuck with Fulham. I know, that one day Mitro and Jokan will go..(soon or later) but I'll continue to follow Fulham (supporting, going to the matches etc..). This is my club now!

OK..I know, and I understand that people have big expectations from our club. I can understand that after last season's fantastic unbeaten run and that glorious match at Wembley, people were expected from team to continue with the same pace (especially after splashing 100 millions for new players), but you have to understand that Premier League and Championship are different dimension. We did need those players if we want to try to compete at PL. Also, almost completely new squad, players who never played together, will need longer time to start knowing each other (to gel).
Therefore, I CANNOT UNDERSTAND our fans moaning about everything, but EVERYTHING.. That makes me sad. Don't you have any patience? Give them a support! Time and support.. Don't be a bunch of whiners. COYW!!!

0001.jpeg
049:gif

WokingFFC

Quote from: cheese pie on October 10, 2018, 10:56:41 AM

I could not agree more, support will see us through. In Slav and the team I trust  0001.jpeg

e4b

Great post I totally agree 👍

Woolly Mammoth

Yes, Yes and thrice Yes. I can add my three penny worth by agreeing with our Serbian friend, absolutely spot on.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

HV71

I also agree - we must appear a bit shallow to any outsider or newcomer coming on here. Patience is a virtue and we must embrace it

CottagersOnTour

I am generally not an optimist but I'm not worrying (quite yet); I'm confident that once we start to gel (which was always going to take time) we do have the quality to stay in this division.

Certainly not something to be down about; I know some people seemed to connect with the club more at championship level but surely the premier league playing against clubs like Arsenal, Utd and Chelski is something we should all be embracing?

It's not like we're playing hoofball like Cardiff....!

WindyCity

[/quote]

Hey, that's what fans do!  And fans are allowed. 

COYW!!!!