watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Black & White View #2 (Video)

Started by Friendsoffulham, October 16, 2018, 07:46:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

The Black & White Weekly show returns for its second edition. In today's show, Lucas discusses the current goalkeeping situation, the potential January move for AC Milan centre half Musacchio & more

Woolly Mammoth

Thank you Luca an interesting insight into our Goalkeeping Department, and an absorbing debate.
As you say, and it's your words not mine, there is not a lot of difference between the three keepers, if that is the case, then why make another change. Especially in our predicament, what actual good will it do. I know it will cheese off Marcus, and may effect his confidence, and if say Rico came in and had a stinker or made a bad error, Slavisa will leave himself open to ridicule and more criticism because of that unnecessary change.  Slavisa has nothing to gain by changing the keeper, but he could have more to lose if he did.
I repeat, as you say there is not much difference, in your words nobody outstanding.
I would imagine that being in the England squad over the last ten days, and mixing and training with England's elite will ensure he will return a better and more confident and efficient keeper.
So changing that position would be counter productive.
As well as the fact that it's time we had a more settled side, with less tinkering with defenders.
After a fortnights rest, and two weeks training and conditioning, I hope Alfie Mawson, Calum Chambers and Joe Bryan will all be announced in the squad in some capacity.
Injuries permitting Jok has to try and select a consistently settled team, that is the key.
As for the two players, the defender and forward from Sierra A.
I personally would not raid that League for reinforcements, when we can get equally as good players nearer home who don't need a sabbatical to settle in for 6 months before they allow them out after sunset.
We have not got the time to indulge them.
Nevertheless, I am enjoying your weekly show.
One small question, do you have to water your green wallpaper behind you, or is it artificial and weather resistant.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Lucav07

I can confirm that in fact it is not wallpaper, it is in fact paint which did the job, wall paper is a pain. Thanks for the kind words regarding the show....... Now time to water my five a side pitch 😂😂

Lucav07

Quote from: Lucav07 on October 16, 2018, 09:52:42 PM
I can confirm that in fact it is not wallpaper, it is in fact paint which did the job, wall paper is a pain. Thanks for the kind words regarding the show....... Now time to water my five a side pitch 😂😂. In terms of making potential changes to the squad (again), I personally wouldn't see much of a problem rotating keepers, yes I agree that there is potential consequences/ repercussions that could follow should Rico potentially have a howler & Cardiff may not be the most ideal scenario nor environment to make your first full debut. But I do hope we've not just signed him to be used as a cup goalkeeper, would preferred to have saved the wages & given that particular role to either Magnus Norman or Luca Ashby-Hammond.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Lucav07 on October 16, 2018, 10:26:57 PM
Quote from: Lucav07 on October 16, 2018, 09:52:42 PM
I can confirm that in fact it is not wallpaper, it is in fact paint which did the job, wall paper is a pain. Thanks for the kind words regarding the show....... Now time to water my five a side pitch 😂😂. In terms of making potential changes to the squad (again), I personally wouldn't see much of a problem rotating keepers, yes I agree that there is potential consequences/ repercussions that could follow should Rico potentially have a howler & Cardiff may not be the most ideal scenario nor environment to make your first full debut. But I do hope we've not just signed him to be used as a cup goalkeeper, would preferred to have saved the wages & given that particular role to either Magnus Norman or Luca Ashby-Hammond.

I agree with you there. 👍
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

RaySmith

"But I do hope we've not just signed him to be used as a cup goalkeeper, would preferred to have saved the wages & given that particular role to either Magnus Norman or Luca Ashby-Hammond."

That's a very good point, and that's what I would have expected to happen, rather than having three top, experienced keepers in the squad.
You can only play one at a time, so the other two are bound to be dissatisfied.

But, I agree with Woolly, that a Prem game at Cardiff is probably not the best time to drop Betts, thus possibly affecting his confidence and happiness at Fulham, and the continuity of our defence - something that has been obviously lacking, and arguably a reason for our conceding so many goals.

A settled defence, including keeper, seems essential at the moment.

I've enjoyed the first two videos, anyway, as well as the previous ones you did - interesting and stimulate good debate.

Oswhite

I have been following you for a year or so, Luca, and fully enjoy your naturally enthusiastic, knowledgeable and great communication and presentational skills with regard to Fulham, a club you clearly love.
These new programmes are much appreciated - long may they continue!
You are something of a natural in front of the camera, and I hope a career in the media beckons such an increasingly polished and natural performer who should and deserves to benefit from the increased exposure and interest now that we are in the Premier League.

Having missed your first match day blogs, I wonder if I missed knowing a little more about you - how did you start and how long have you supported Fulham, what have been your highlights, what encouraged you to start broadcasting.......?

Keep up the great work!

Lucav07

Quote from: Oswhite on October 17, 2018, 06:58:53 AM
I have been following you for a year or so, Luca, and fully enjoy your naturally enthusiastic, knowledgeable and great communication and presentational skills with regard to Fulham, a club you clearly love.
These new programmes are much appreciated - long may they continue!
You are something of a natural in front of the camera, and I hope a career in the media beckons such an increasingly polished and natural performer who should and deserves to benefit from the increased exposure and interest now that we are in the Premier League.

Having missed your first match day blogs, I wonder if I missed knowing a little more about you - how did you start and how long have you supported Fulham, what have been your highlights, what encouraged you to start broadcasting.......? First of all thanks for you're very kind words in regards to the content I produce & the way it comes across, I'm very grateful for it. I suppose really in a way I kind of stumbled upon the whole YouTube thing over a year ago when I published my reaction to a draw against Cardiff last season, before that I never properly invisaged doing something like this because it just really never appealed to me. But I'm pleased that I've stuck with it & managed to gain some positive rewards from doing this. The amount of support I've received from so many Fulham supporters has been phenomenal. In terms of my first ever Fulham game it was way back in 2006, at home to Watford. I don't remember to much of it but can remember that we were sat in the Johnny Haynes Stand as my grandad was originally a ST holder there before moving into the Hammy End with me in a later life 😂. I've always loved broadcasting & its something I'm really passionate about, without coming across as arrogant I believe that my knowledge of football could potentially rival some of them clueless pundits who get paid to talk absolute nonsense every week. Glad you are enjoying the show!

Keep up the great work!