watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Slavisa Jokanovic

Started by Jack78, October 13, 2018, 09:49:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack78

Italian football site INTERNEWS reporting today that Claudio Ranieri is in "pole position" to take over at Craven Cottage, a year and a half since the Italian took Leicester to the top of the Premier League.
Another site ITASPORT PRESS says "Following the 5-1 defeat by Arsenal. the position of the chief coach Slavisa Jokanovic is at risk and reports in UK press are mentioning Claudio Ranieri as the favourite to replace the Serb."

Twig

Ridiculous. I hope the Board have a little more patience.

One James stannard

hovewhite

Fulham76

One of the things our owners are not is stupid. Sacking SJ at this stage would be stupid.

Holders

"Reports in the UK press" says it all!
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

filham

A prime example of opportunity journalism, fake news, speculative journalism, call it what you like but you can be almost certain there is no real basis for the story.

gang

Easily solved Joca, start winning.

Slaphead in Qatar

he will at least tighten up our defence. not saying claudio is the answer - but our board should be forward planning and looking at potential replacements at this stage.

sorry guys - but slav will be looking over his shoulder now. we look way off the pace - i think we are even worse at the moment than our previous relegation season.

games are going by fast - see how slav does in the next 3 winnable games.

hovewhite

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on October 13, 2018, 10:44:45 AM
he will at least tighten up our defence. not saying claudio is the answer - but our board should be forward planning and looking at potential replacements at this stage.

sorry guys - but slav will be looking over his shoulder now. we look way off the pace - i think we are even worse at the moment than our previous relegation season.

games are going by fast - see how slav does in the next 3 winnable games.
I do believe that the next batch of 4 games are important for Slav and the club, also the Khan's will be looking for improvement.

Woolly Mammoth

I am convinced we will stay in the Premier League, no matter who is the manager.
Of course I hope it's Jok, as he was the manager that took us there.
In the same way I hope our Goal Keeper is Marcus, as he was the Goalkeeper who also contributed to us getting there.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Lighthouse

The point is that despite a large investment in players. We are not just being beaten but being humiliated. Now many will look at the clubs we are playing as if they are somehow Godlike. But they really are not. Especially as we seem to be able to compete with most over at least one half and then disappear for the other.

Now I have no idea of who is a good manager or coach. But it makes sense for the club to have a contingency plan to find a new coach at some point if our results do not improve. This isn't being disloyal to Joka who has done a wonderful job in the past and as others have said just needs to start winning to ease any pressure.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

filham

Quote from: gang on October 13, 2018, 10:12:45 AM
Easily solved Joca, start winning.
A 3-0 win at Cadiff next week and we will al be backing Jocanovic again.

IKnowNothing

WindyCity

Kudos to SJ for taking this team up to the PL.  He did a terrific job, and my preference would be to see him stick with the club.  That said, Fulham needs to be forward thinking and proactive in this regard.  Start winning some games and at the very least start showing some improvement along the way would go a long ways in helping SJ's job security.  The team spent a lot of money on new players, and the return just isn't there.  Sure, there have been some injuries and such, but at this point I think most Fulham fans envisioned more than 5 points at this juncture.  There is nothing wrong with the club looking at possible replacement for SJ.  It's important that they do so, and stay proactive.  I think most winning clubs do this all the time.  If we continue to see more of the same over the next 3-4 games, then, yes, it may be time to make a move, as unpleasant as it may be.

Neil D

Quote from: Jack78 on October 13, 2018, 09:49:10 AM
Italian football site INTERNEWS reporting today that Claudio Ranieri is in "pole position" to take over at Craven Cottage, a year and a half since the Italian took Leicester to the top of the Premier League.
Another site ITASPORT PRESS says "Following the 5-1 defeat by Arsenal. the position of the chief coach Slavisa Jokanovic is at risk and reports in UK press are mentioning Claudio Ranieri as the favourite to replace the Serb."
Some links for these stories would be nice...

WokingFFC

In Slav I trust.

He and the team will get it right, starting next week in Cardiff. I will be there giving them my full support, as I will every game, home and away for the rest of the year. I was one of those die hard's going week in week out when we were in Div 3, so seeing the team in the Premiership again is unbelievable, so win, lose or draw I will enjoy these good times and trust the players, coaches and management team to get it right.

Stick with the team, support them and they will achieve. Say you will and you may, say you won't and you'll fail.

Is yours half full or half empty?

COYW

alfie

Quote from: IKnowNothing on October 13, 2018, 03:58:45 PM
Garbage. Move on.
How about elaborating that comment and join the conversation
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Jimsbeerbelly

I just love some of these comments in this post like 'Garbage. Move on' as if people know how the Khan's will manage their investment.

Jokanovic is no more safer than any other manager, and, like it or not, this is a results business over popularity.

We've invested 100M, have the worst goals against in the Prem, sit 3rd from bottom, have a coach who refuses to go back to basics, and, had shuffled his back 4 more than a magicians pack of cards.

He also wants to play a system, that is not effective in the Premiership, and leaves us subject to hammering defeats like Arsenal.

I'm sorry, but logic tells me, that if we don't come away with a min of 6 points in the next 3 games, Slav, like it or not, will be in hot water.

At this point, nether he (Slav) or the Club signed a new contract, saying they'd discuss at Christmas, because he knows, that if results don't change by then, he'll be gone.

Nothing against Slav, really want him to turn this around, but, there's a simple solution.

Start winning games..

Woolly Mammoth

and that IS the name of the game.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.