more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Slavisa Jokanovic

Started by Jack78, October 13, 2018, 09:49:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham1959

Quote from: Jimsbeerbelly on October 13, 2018, 06:04:21 PM
I just love some of these comments in this post like 'Garbage. Move on' as if people know how the Khan's will manage their investment.

Jokanovic is no more safer than any other manager, and, like it or not, this is a results business over popularity.

We've invested 100M, have the worst goals against in the Prem, sit 3rd from bottom, have a coach who refuses to go back to basics, and, had shuffled his back 4 more than a magicians pack of cards.

He also wants to play a system, that is not effective in the Premiership, and leaves us subject to hammering defeats like Arsenal.

I'm sorry, but logic tells me, that if we don't come away with a min of 6 points in the next 3 games, Slav, like it or not, will be in hot water.

At this point, nether he (Slav) or the Club signed a new contract, saying they'd discuss at Christmas, because he knows, that if results don't change by then, he'll be gone.

Nothing against Slav, really want him to turn this around, but, there's a simple solution.

Start winning games..

At the moment there's nothing simple about starting to win games !

Tooting legend

I will stick with a previous post Slav is out of his depth and it is showing the season was never going to be easy but it is humiliating. A change may not be a bad thing before we get dragged in. Just look at palace last season about says it all. The only difference is Slavs been given 4 games more

Statto

Quote from: Jimsbeerbelly on October 13, 2018, 06:04:21 PM
He also wants to play a system, that is not effective in the Premiership

Didn't we spend most of last season scoffing at Cardiff because they played a system that would be totally awful in the PL whereas with our beautiful football, we'd thrive?
What has happened?
Do we all now want big Sam and kick and rush?
We are playing good football and scoring goals, just being let down by a powder puff laurel and Hardy back 5

RaySmith

Quote from: Tooting legend on October 13, 2018, 07:15:10 PM
I will stick with a previous post Slav is out of his depth and it is showing the season was never going to be easy but it is humiliating. A change may not be a bad thing before we get dragged in. Just look at palace last season about says it all. The only difference is Slavs been given 4 games more

I don't think it's humiliating to lose to teams who've spent shedloads on players, making our 100 million , spent on  needed replacements and upgrades seem paltry.

As for the manager - well, he's having to try and make a team out of a sudden influx of new players, plus with important injuries.

Look at what he's achieved with Fulham. Surely he deserves more of a chance?

But it's resuls that count in the end obviously but sacking him before he's discovered his best  starting line-up, and with more fit players, could be counter productive.

Every player at the club is used to playing a certain style now, for a start.

Robbie

Camel Club

We have Cardiff, Huddersfield and Bournemouth next up. Unless we get at least 5 points from those games Slav will unfortunately be on borrowed time and unless after that he sets the team up in a way that gives a bit more protection defensively he could be gone by Christmas. He needs to demonstrate a bit more tactically at this level for him and us to survive in the PL.

PartizanFC

If Joka leave,Mitro will follow ...so..its not just about manager..i hope Khan dont have short memory

hovewhite

Feel Cardiff and Huddersfield are pivitol and minimum 4pionts are important and anything less the pressure on slav will be immense from within the club.

toshes mate

I rather doubt SJ has been in football for as long as he has and failed to notice how fickle the money providers and their senior mercenaries are.  Of course most people with agendas get anxious when something else they cannot quite put their fingers on starts to go awry, and, instead of being certain they have identified to fault correctly, jump to conclusions about the source and its remedy.   From that point onward there are complications as the real problem is compounded by their anxious and incorrect analysis.  Thus far the Khans have not done so badly in serving their coaching team with what he can work with, although just how much better they could have done their jobs is a moot point and will always be so.  All we can say is that SJ has delivered when it mattered.  He staved off relegation; he got us into the play offs twice and won the competition once.  Is this SJ's season of failure and how will the Khans know so early enough to have a chance of preventing it from happening?  Can we rely on the Khans to know enough about football business to know how to find fault or will it simply be another lowest common denominator panic scapegoat cut and paste exercise complete with cheerleaders?

Woolly Mammoth

I do share certain concerns regarding performances and results so far, even with the mitigating circumstances involved.
Let's wait and see how many points we acrue in the next 5 to 8 matches, and then we may know if Jok has found the correct solution.
It's too early in the season to come to too many conclusions, even though I never feel confident with the clubs preseason activities and the appearance of a lack of urgency and knowledge with organisation and foresight.
Also It could all depend on whether Slavisa has the desire and the appetite to continue to work at Fulham FC in conjunction with other members of the backroom staff.
Hence the reason why he appears to be in no hurry to discuss an extended contract.
I am not quite sure if there is the ideal harmony between himself, the stats merchants and whoever is responsible for recruitment, and the numerous boxes that certain unqualified individuals think that needs ticking. ☑️
There has to be more than one reason as to why the expression on his face never seems to change long enough to read his thoughts.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Lighthouse

It's coaches for courses. Joka may be great at coaching with minimum time on his hands. But when in the Prem we have longer between matches his style of coaching may simply not work. Just putting it out there. Time will tell but I can already hear the excuses coming from some fans in the next three games. 'Yes be we never do well against physical and direct sides'.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

I Ronic

I think Slavisa Jokanovic is the best thing to happen at Fulham for years.Things aren't going his way at the moment but that's no reason to panic. Over the years he has brought a different brand of football to the Club. Which now runs through all the teams here. For me, losing him would be far worse than relegation.

Onefulhamboy

I think it's the system at the Cottage rather than the manager (sorry head coach).
Slav had 12 players arrive more or less at the start of the season. He presumably had no imput into the players that arrived as this was done by 'the committee'. Stats men as in American football.
Injuries in key positions hasn't helped. I thought Ream and Mawson would be a good solid central defence but that hasn't had time to meld. Is the number of new foreign players not speaking English a contributing factor I wonder? Do we need an alternative up front?  Only time will tell if Slav can turn it around. Hopefully he will be given the chance that's if he wants to of course. Only time will.

As an aside I have watched a few Championship games on tv and have to admit that I enjoy them more than watching the usual stuff from the Premiership.

FFCAli

Slav is well aware of the precariousness of his (or most other managers') position.  In his interview in The Times last week he was quoted as saying "there are 2 types of manager  -  those who've been sacked and those who are about to be sacked".  I hope, and believe, that Khan will have faith for quite a bit longer, especially as our last 2 seasons have been bad first half and good second half.

Jonnoj

Quote from: Onefulhamboy on October 14, 2018, 01:27:27 PM
I think it's the system at the Cottage rather than the manager (sorry head coach).
Slav had 12 players arrive more or less at the start of the season. He presumably had no imput into the players that arrived as this was done by 'the committee'. Stats men as in American football.
Injuries in key positions hasn't helped. I thought Ream and Mawson would be a good solid central defence but that hasn't had time to meld. Is the number of new foreign players not speaking English a contributing factor I wonder? Do we need an alternative up front?  Only time will tell if Slav can turn it around. Hopefully he will be given the chance that's if he wants to of course. Only time will.

As an aside I have watched a few Championship games on tv and have to admit that I enjoy them more than watching the usual stuff from the Premiership.
Jokanovic is part of the committee and has said publicly that he was more involved this year and happy with what was done.
Wolves signed loads of players before last years champ season and managed to integrate them ok.
I'm happy to stick with him but I see nothing wrong in the powers that be having a word to say that we're simply being naive at the moment and it's not pretty to watch is it?

Lighthouse

Quote from: I Ronic on October 14, 2018, 12:46:20 PM
I think Slavisa Jokanovic is the best thing to happen at Fulham for years.Things aren't going his way at the moment but that's no reason to panic. Over the years he has brought a different brand of football to the Club. Which now runs through all the teams here. For me, losing him would be far worse than relegation.

'For me, losing him would be far worse than relegation'.

I find this statement really interesting. To me it is an alien concept to put a coach or any player above the club as keeping and being relegated is better than losing him and staying up is for you. I can see the good he has done but not sure I am blind to the faults he has either. No I would always say the club must stay up over and above losing any coach or player.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

toshes mate

Quote from: Lighthouse on October 14, 2018, 02:32:57 PM
I find this statement really interesting. To me it is an alien concept to put a coach or any player above the club as keeping and being relegated is better than losing him and staying up is for you. I can see the good he has done but not sure I am blind to the faults he has either. No I would always say the club must stay up over and above losing any coach or player.
There are semantics at work once again.  The best outcome for everyone is probably to resolve the issues as we are, with the Khans at the helm, with SJ, his coaches and all the players we currently have, holding their own both as a united group singing from the same hymn sheet and with a common system they are all familiar with.  The worse outcome would be a repetition of the familiar activity of change (under the Khans) not affecting the outcome one little bit.  In my view that is what the post by I Ronic was trying to suggest, IMO.  You fix what is broke and understanding what is broke is the first stage in that process. 

I Ronic

We will always be at the very best a midtable club and more likely than not struggle to stay in this league. Slavisa wants his team to play football the way it's meant to be played. He's having a tough time but he, along with the Khans are the perfect team to break that cycle. Sahid Khan is ambitiousis. He has the money if it's spent wisely. I can't think of another Fulham manager who promotes youth from within I do believe he could be a great manager.

Syd Cupp

Ironic that Slav has not had the same line up in a match and then the press say this about "The Tinkerman" who does the same.

Give Slav a chance its the premier league it was never going to be easy.
For me to sack him so soon would not make a difference.
The players don't seem to be at that standard Yet.

alfie

Quote from: I Ronic on October 14, 2018, 03:04:07 PM

We will always be at the very best a midtable club and more likely than not struggle to stay in this league. Slavisa wants his team to play football the way it's meant to be played. He's having a tough time but he, along with the Khans are the perfect team to break that cycle. Sahid Khan is ambitiousis. He has the money if it's spent wisely. I can't think of another Fulham manager who promotes youth from within I do believe he could be a great manager.
I am sure that most people thought Leicester were just a mid table club.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't