News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Where’s the most obscure place you’ve ever spotted a Fulham fan?

Started by Jimsbeerbelly, October 13, 2018, 09:25:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonnoj

Walking through Gangnam in Seoul, was so shocked I didn't actually say anything just sort of grinned

bog

Quote from: Holders on October 14, 2018, 06:43:54 AM
Not that obscure but I once parked in the middle of Dartmoor, Fulham stickers on my car, and when I returned there was another car with Fulham stickers parked next to it.

May not qualify but I was on holiday in Cornwall and after a walk along the cliffs came back to find that next to my proud FFC sticker on my car's back window someone in the dirt had put put next to it.... CFC. Did not expect a Chesterfield supporter to be down that way..... :022:

092.gif

Holders

Quote from: bog on October 14, 2018, 04:12:07 PM
Not that obscure but I once parked in the middle of Dartmoor, Fulham stickers on my car, and when I returned there was another car with Fulham stickers parked next to it.

May not qualify but I was on holiday in Cornwall and after a walk along the cliffs came back to find that next to my proud FFC sticker on my car's back window someone in the dirt had put put next to it.... CFC. Did not expect a Chesterfield supporter to be down that way..... :022:

092.gif

Camborne FC - or Chlorofluorocarbon maybe?
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

FishaPrice

I saw a guy wearing a Bullard fulham shirt in Monterey Bay, California USA

thebumponleroyshead

Live in Stockholm now and moved into a new build; one week after Wembley as I'm coming home I see a guy from my block in a Fulham shirt whilst I was wearing a Fulham on Tour '88-'89 t-shirt holding my daughter, we embraced, jumped up and down singing the whites are going up. My Irish neighbour thought we were mates, I had to explain that it's as rare as rocking horse excrement, he still didn't get it. Gives me goose bumps writing this given some of the fixtures on the back of my t-shirt worn at the time, I had to explain a few of the teams ha ha. Apart from that it would Southwold.
Oh You Lucky People We're the Best Team in The Land

cottage expat

At the 2014 World Cup final in Rio. I was walking towards the stadium (wearing my Fulham hat) when I ran into a bloke wearing a Fulham shirt. He was a German FFC fan from Stuttgart. We had a quick beer together and shared stories/memories. Made my day !

HV71

Quote from: bog on October 14, 2018, 04:12:07 PM

092.gif

On the cliffs - definitely a Spirite about to do the only honourable thing.

St Eve

Once in Bermuda when we were floundering in the old 3rd division. After introducing ourselves he said "oh you are the other fan". Once in Venice when we just got promoted and lost our first game away to United and a month ago in NYC by Grand Central at 6 in the morning when I spotted a fan in a Cairney shirt.

fulham traveller

I went to Milan v can't remember who they played season we got promoted with tig
There was a fu.ham fan who missed one game that season same as myself

SuffolkWhite

This May coming home from Malaga, spotted another fan wearing a Fulham top going up the esculators at the airport.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

JoelH5

Not a Fulham fan but I saw a guy wearing a QPR shirt in Walt Disney World in February. I told him of course he shouldn't be wearing that!
I was there, standing in the Putney end

sacffc

Quote from: JoelH5 on October 15, 2018, 12:56:23 AM
Not a Fulham fan but I saw a guy wearing a QPR shirt in Walt Disney World in February. I told him of course he shouldn't be wearing that!
I would have told him that if he was wearing that shirt, he didn't need to go to Fantasyland.  :005:
My music blog:  If you just Stand There and Play, is it worth listening to?

Kiwimike

Auckland, NZ, I know there are a few supporters here but never met any until Sunday morning after the Everton game, met a guy in a Red & Black striped away shirt in Pak N Save Supermarket - like me he was dutifully pushing the trolley behind the 'boss'.  Neither of our ladies could believe that there were grown men who would actually admit to supporting Fulham!!

Lighthouse

Not in an obscure place but an occasion. Was at a funeral and had a tap on the shoulder from a complete stranger who asked if I was the Fulham fan. Turns out he and his brother were also season ticket holders. We were in Scotland at the time. So how he heard I have no idea. Was walking across a building site and was shouted at by a builder. He asked the same question is if I was the only Fulham fan in the village. In hospital at Brighton. Was with my Sister who was there for speech therapy. She must have mentioned it as it turned out the therapist was a Fulham supporter. Mind you that was in Brighton but still not what you would expect. All in the days when the club was less high profile.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

bobbo

i always say to them - as long as it looks safe to do so - whose dustbin did you get from.
Did it a couple of weeks ago with a fella sitting outside a pub in Ickenham with a Chelsea shirt on, it turned out he was actually a fulham fam but worked for Chelsea Fulham in a manual capacity. We ended up having a drink together.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

sarnian

It's a small world.

I was on a boat trip one September years ago visiting the caves in Zante wearing my Fulham cap when a gentleman from Devon introduced himself as a fellow Fulham fan and we got talking.

That Boxing Day I had to leave our home game 5 minutes early to avoid the crowds and get back to Gatwick for my flight back to Guernsey. I ran up the stairs at Putney station and jumped on the tube and when I turned round the same gentleman from Devon was standing there having also left early to catch his train back home. 

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: bobbo on October 15, 2018, 01:29:29 PM
i always say to them - as long as it looks safe to do so - whose dustbin did you get from.
Did it a couple of weeks ago with a fella sitting outside a pub in Ickenham with a Chelsea shirt on, it turned out he was actually a fulham fam but worked for Chelsea Fulham in a manual capacity. We ended up having a drink together.

I was talking Fulham  to a bloke in an Ickenham pub on Saturday night. Found out after it was Pete "Manic Esso" Haynes from the 70s punk band The Lurkers

The Equalizer

I saw a Fulham supporter at Turf Moor on one cold Wednesday night in 2003.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

res

Touring around Iceland a couple of years ago and came across someone wearing a FFC tee shirt...had a decent chat about promotion prospects.
Turning the question around...while waiting, very nervously, for the first part of a tear jerking operation in a certain part of my body, and wearing my dressing gown and not much else, a rather nice female nurse suddenly said "another Fulham fan" having spotted the FFC logo on my dressing gown. Momentarily calmed me down until she told me to take the dressing gown off as they had to get on with the operation.

mrmicawbers

Isle of Wight on the day of the Reading Semi Final at a Music Festival had a chat with Two separate Fans wearing Fulham Tops.Plus me and my mate also Fulham.It was a very small festival so good turn out from us.