News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Where’s the most obscure place you’ve ever spotted a Fulham fan?

Started by Jimsbeerbelly, October 13, 2018, 09:25:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fernhurst

Flying in to Blackpool for a conference in the early eighties when fellow Fulham fans were rarer than hens teeth I spied a Fulham shirt from the balcony of The Winter Gardens. After an inordinate delay I waited for the obviously super fan to emerge from the hall desperate to engage in conversation about all things FFC. At last he walked toward me through the throng and I pointed at his shirt and said "Good old Fulham" ------ and he replied -----" Yeah it's me bruvvers" and rushed away!
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

KJS

3 weeks ago in New Orleans he was carrying Fulham Ruck Sack and was actually an American on vacation from Chicago but he has followed FFC since Brian McBride played and was actually at the play off final he even had his ticket in his wallet, nice guy we had a couple of beers and a great chat about his visit to Wembley  :54:

Ronnief

Well my wife spotted me at the top of the Biocovo Mountains in Croatia overlooking Bosnia Herzegovina last week with my Fulham rucsac.  :005:

Sammyffc

Quote from: Kiwimike on October 15, 2018, 02:51:33 AM
Auckland, NZ, I know there are a few supporters here but never met any until Sunday morning after the Everton game, met a guy in a Red & Black striped away shirt in Pak N Save Supermarket - like me he was dutifully pushing the trolley behind the 'boss'.  Neither of our ladies could believe that there were grown men who would actually admit to supporting Fulham!!

i saw a fulham fan up Mount Eden wearing the exact jersey you are describing hahahaha

Shredhead

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on October 15, 2018, 01:54:53 PM
Quote from: bobbo on October 15, 2018, 01:29:29 PM
Quote from: JoelH5 on October 15, 2018, 12:56:23 AM
Not a Fulham fan but I saw a guy wearing a QPR shirt in Walt Disney World in February. I told him of course he shouldn't be wearing that!
i always say to them - as long as it looks safe to do so - whose dustbin did you get from.
Did it a couple of weeks ago with a fella sitting outside a pub in Ickenham with a Chelsea shirt on, it turned out he was actually a fulham fam but worked for Chelsea Fulham in a manual capacity. We ended up having a drink together.

I was talking Fulham  to a bloke in an Ickenham pub on Saturday night. Found out after it was Pete "Manic Esso" Haynes from the 70s punk band The Lurkers
I used to drink in hte Coach and Horses in the late 70s and went to see the Lurkers quie a few times. Ickenham's answer to the Ramones. Their first album was caled Fulham Fallout - there's a clue there somewhere!
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

Shredhead

Quote from: Lighthouse on October 15, 2018, 09:35:58 AM
In hospital at Brighton. Was with my Sister who was there for speech therapy. She must have mentioned it as it turned out the therapist was a Fulham supporter. Mind you that was in Brighton but still not what you would expect. All in the days when the club was less high profile.
I only knew one other Fulham fan in Brighton in the 80s and 90s. Thanks to this messageboard and the interweb, I know of about 20 now and there are probably about a 100 or so who I recognise from Brighton and Sussex.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

Jimpav

Inle Lake, Myanmar (Burma).

We were driving through a village when I spotted a guy wearing a Longyi (traditional skirt worn by males) and a Fulham shirt.

I  was so shocked I asked the drive to stop the car so I could talk to him. He didn't seem to appreciate the signifcance of the shirt, even when I showed him the logo on my season ticket, but we posed for a picture together and then went our separate aways.

Wondering if a Fulham fan might have gifted him the shirt at some point?

YankeeJim

Not Fulham, but I did chance upon a Geordie in Pape'ete, Tahiti once.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

peckyboy

Marks and Spencer's Newcastle in January we had a long chat He's from the Fulham area originally and moved to Newcastle as a boy, then a couple of days before Wembley I saw him again outside Wetherspoons Sunderland where he now lives so we went to the final together.

_Putney_

Chester, California

Population as of 2010 was 2,144.  He was wearing a Fulham beanie.  I went up to him and introduced myself explaining I support them too.  His response was, in a miserable tone I might add, "Oh, I don't really follow them, I just like Dempsey."

Alright, thanks, bye.

jarv

couple of years ago, teenage lad at supermarket check out till here in USA where I live.

Vinnieffc

Quote from: YankeeJim on October 17, 2018, 06:33:25 PM

I once met a Man Utd fan from Manchester.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Vinnieffc on October 19, 2018, 12:56:20 PM
Quote from: YankeeJim on October 17, 2018, 06:33:25 PM

I once met a Man Utd fan from Manchester.

You met a Man Utd fan from Manchester you say ?
Hmmm That's about as far fetched as Camel poo from Egypt.
Have you any Independent Witnesseses, or Photographs or CCTV Footage to support this statement.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.