https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Spain v England

Started by davew, October 15, 2018, 08:19:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 16, 2018, 02:55:26 PM
Quote from: nose on October 15, 2018, 09:51:31 PM
secoond half was a concern even though we were 3 up. couldn't keep possesion, the goalkeeper is making fabri look like a player, winks gave the ball away at every conceivable opportunity, rashford and sterling second half reverted to losing possesion needlessly..... i would say let's not get over excited but wow what a game and what a win.

Our resilience was tested in the second half, and we came out of it with flying colours in the shape of a Red Cross on a White background 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿. But let us not dwell on negativity surrounding the second half. We won the game in the first half, and saved the game in the second half.
Pickford would be wise not to try that move again though.
A lesson learned.
Our goals were sublime, and we defeated a top draw team in their own back yard, and we did it with
our youngest team in 59 years. Their average age was 27, ours was 23.
The best is yet to come, if you have been watching the various age groups from the England team, you will understand what I mean. Lots of genuine quality emerging with blistering pace.

+1
We hit our lowest low a few years ago, as the golden generation aged and faded. A few desolate years followed by a rise since Southgate took over. If our prospects reach their potential we could have a frightening team within the next decade, with our very own Sess or two being a part of that. I'm excited.

Bassey the warrior

Fantastic performance, mature and brave. Exactly what Fulham need to demonstrate.

bog

I have to hold my aged wrinkly hands up as this result shut me up. I go back to the pride of '66 and before and well recall the desolation at losing to W Germany in 1970 and drawing with Poland in '73.  Under Erickson, Maclaren and Crapello we had sunk to new lows and I was not a fan of Southgate when he was appointed. He is giving young players an early responsibility and the first half v Spain does offer a real possibility of a future squad with an ability that will be allowed to flourish and play entertaining football. 

Two things annoy me. Us not signing Maguire when we lost 0-1 to Sheff United in that awful cup tie, live on TV, when he was an obvious young talent and Breda was coming to the end of his reign. Plus not seeing a very promising England side play live when it is only on Sky. Grrr.

Thank you and good night.

092.gif       

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: bog on October 17, 2018, 08:40:56 AM
I have to hold my aged wrinkly hands up as this result shut me up. I go back to the pride of '66 and before and well recall the desolation at losing to W Germany in 1970 and drawing with Poland in '73.  Under Erickson, Maclaren and Crapello we had sunk to new lows and I was not a fan of Southgate when he was appointed. He is giving young players an early responsibility and the first half v Spain does offer a real possibility of a future squad with an ability that will be allowed to flourish and play entertaining football. 

Two things annoy me. Us not signing Maguire when we lost 0-1 to Sheff United in that awful cup tie, live on TV, when he was an obvious young talent and Breda was coming to the end of his reign. Plus not seeing a very promising England side play live when it is only on Sky. Grrr.

Thank you and good night.

092.gif       

Yes we should have signed Maguire. I was at Bramall Lane when we drew 1-1 and he was superb at both ends of the pitch. Had a great marauding run and shot.