watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Real / craft ale Pubs for Cardiff away

Started by Shredhead, October 16, 2018, 03:59:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shredhead

I've just got back from a weekend in Cardiff (I know, a week early) and thought you might want to know about some pubs that serve real / craft ale.
In the city centre, the City Arms and Old Arcade are traditional Brains (Cardiff brewery) pubs and Tiny Rebel (Westgate Street) brewed a recent CAMRA Champion Beer of Britain. Through Sophia Gardens (cross the river from in front of the castle and go right into the park) and near Cathedral Road  is the Y Mochyn Du. Practice your Welsh for that.

Nearer the ground, there are 5 places within 100 metres of each other. They are in the Canton area of town, on or near Cowbridge Road. There are some dodgy pubs on Cownbridge Road before you get to the Ivor Davies (yes, really) on the left - it's a Spoons. A little bit further on there's a junction with Llandaff Road. Go up (right) up Llandaff Road and on the right there are two micropubs - Crafty Devil and St Canna's ale house. The latter has 6 ales on from the barrel. Opposite the St Canna's is a traditional corner Brains pub, the Butcher's Arms. In the road next to the Butcher's (Market Road) there's a fantastic arts centre called Chapter that has a big bar selling real ale. Next weekend they are having an Oktoberfest with loads of German beers - if any are left by Saturday lunchtime!

As these pubs are so near the ground, I'd keep your Fulham shirts covered. COYWs :beer:
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

howitis

where is a good/safe place to watch Chelsea vs Man Utd  before our game ?