Previous topic - Next topic

Berserker

Breaking news he has withdrawn

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

cookieg

I wonder if the Kline accusations are anything to do with this or just that the FA oldfarts are so against it. Hope its the latter and just shows how antiquated the running of football is in this country.

Lighthouse

Great shame as it feels as if the little Englander comments and criticism he received have worn him down. The game could have done with his money and influence. Instead we are still left with a bunch of self serving blowhards running and ruining the game.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Nero

Quote from: Lighthouse on October 17, 2018, 03:24:26 PM
Great shame as it feels as if the little Englander comments and criticism he received have worn him down. The game could have done with his money and influence. Instead we are still left with a bunch of self serving blowhards running and ruining the game.

He Probably realised that he had over bid for it, knows no one else is really interested and will go back in a year or two and bid half the money. That or he realised that no one in London can be bothered to spend 4 hours every other week end watch NFL and the TV audience in the states wont be there for it due to time difference

filham

Lets hope he will now apply all his efforts to developing Fulham.

KJS

I don't blame him not wanting to do a deal with the Dinosaurs that are the FA who want to block it!! 

Riversider

8 months ago we were given planning permission for The Riverside Stand,
8 months later and still no contractor to build it, despite the fact that its been designed by Populous , and theyve designed more stadiums than anybody on Earth and yet they cant suggest anybody to us , all very odd,
This delay has coincided with the potential purchase of Wembley,
Todays news is going to be either very good news for us or very bad, hopefully The Riverside plans will now accelerate as opposed to a disgruntled Chairman who has seen his NFL dream perish and now wants out !
Why didnt he buy West Ham ? That club comes with a perfect NFL stadium , he made a big mistake buying us , interesting now to see what happens next !

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

MJG

Quote from: Riversider on October 17, 2018, 03:56:29 PM
8 months later and still no contractor to build it, despite the fact that its been designed by Populous , and theyve designed more stadiums than anybody on Earth and yet they cant suggest anybody to us , all very odd,
Todays news is going to be either very good news for us or very bad, hopefully The Riverside plans will now accelerate as opposed to a disgruntled Chairman who has seen his NFL dream perish and now wants out !
Why didnt he buy West Ham ? That club comes with a perfect NFL stadium , he made a big mistake buying us , interesting now to see what happens next !

RIVERSIDE STAND

Update

The Trust asked for an update on the progress of the Riverside Stand redevelopment and highlighted our concern that with a lead contractor yet to be appointed the timescales may start to slip.  AM confirmed that the Club were still out to tender for a lead contractor on the works and, while there was no winning bid yet, the Club were in advanced and detailed discussions with a final shortlist of potential contractors.

Timeline

The Trust pushed for an update on the timeline against that included in the London Borough Hammersmith & Fulham Council's planning documentation.  AM revealed that whilst the fine detail of that timeline was no longer relevant, the Club are still operating to their original timescale of a project start in May 2019.  When asked how this would be possible without confirmation of a lead contractor AM disclosed that there is "a high probability" that a preferred contractor will be in place by the end of November 2018.

The Trust asked for confirmation of the high level timeline.  AM explained that the Club's current plan is to begin work in May 2019 with the demolition of the existing Riverside Stand and for Craven Cottage to operate at a significantly reduced capacity for two seasons. The plan is for the new Riverside Stand to be ready for the 2021-22 season. He revealed that he is in constant touch with Shahid Khan over the progress of the plans and that the Club want a well-thought out scheme. He added that as the project is highly complex the club are using information provided by multiple bidders to constantly enhance the offers and plans.
Just the views of a long term fan

Holders

Best for all concerned, in my view. Interesting that he's reverted to American spellings now that he's no longer seeking to ingratiate himself with them.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Fernhurst

The FA have lost a terrific opportunity to shift a significant and ongoing increasing debt off its books. A golden chance to fund some innovation in the grassroots game.
Khan has proved a wonderful guardian IMO for Fulham Fc in his brief tenure and I am positive he would have proved the same for the home of the English game given an opportunity.

Daniel Levy is a huge influencer in the game and desperate to pick up an Americian Franchise so his shiny new toy is the only place to watch NFL in London.

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Riversider

Quote from: MJG on October 17, 2018, 04:06:06 PM

RIVERSIDE STAND

Update

The Trust asked for an update on the progress of the Riverside Stand redevelopment and highlighted our concern that with a lead contractor yet to be appointed the timescales may start to slip.  AM confirmed that the Club were still out to tender for a lead contractor on the works and, while there was no winning bid yet, the Club were in advanced and detailed discussions with a final shortlist of potential contractors.

Timeline

The Trust pushed for an update on the timeline against that included in the London Borough Hammersmith & Fulham Council's planning documentation.  AM revealed that whilst the fine detail of that timeline was no longer relevant, the Club are still operating to their original timescale of a project start in May 2019.  When asked how this would be possible without confirmation of a lead contractor AM disclosed that there is "a high probability" that a preferred contractor will be in place by the end of November 2018.

The Trust asked for confirmation of the high level timeline.  AM explained that the Club's current plan is to begin work in May 2019 with the demolition of the existing Riverside Stand and for Craven Cottage to operate at a significantly reduced capacity for two seasons. The plan is for the new Riverside Stand to be ready for the 2021-22 season. He revealed that he is in constant touch with Shahid Khan over the progress of the plans and that the Club want a well-thought out scheme. He added that as the project is highly complex the club are using information provided by multiple bidders to constantly enhance the offers and plans.

That's the party line, fed out to the gullible to keep them happy, do you believe that Populous can't put forward a contractor that they haven't already worked with ?
8 months have passed now and work is due to start in just 7 , the club, for whatever reason, have dragged their heels, I have no idea why and neither do you or anybody else, hopefully now things will accelerate, if no announcement by the time of the November FST meeting then I hope that the questioning is less accepting and more forceful.

MJG

Quote from: Riversider on October 17, 2018, 04:52:36 PM

RIVERSIDE STAND

Update

Timeline

That's the party line, fed out to the gullible to keep them happy, do you believe that Populous can't put forward a contractor that they haven't already worked with ?
8 months have passed now and work is due to start in just 7 , the club, for whatever reason, have dragged their heels, I have no idea why and neither do you or anybody else, hopefully now things will accelerate, if no announcement by the time of the November FST meeting then I hope that the questioning is less accepting and more forceful.
I know from speaking to the trust board it was forceful and they asked the right questions. We might not like the answers but that's what you get on record here.
In any meeting on any subject you can keep asking questions and ask others to pin people againt the wall as you would clearly want to do, but you won't get a different  answer if as you say that's the party line. All the Trust Board can do is keep asking and pushing for answers
If you actually read the notes you will see they have spoken to many contractors and are not fully happy with what they are hearing. Now you can believe that or not, but that's the answer they gave.
Just the views of a long term fan

Mitch

Quote from: Fernhurst on October 17, 2018, 04:34:49 PM
The FA have lost a terrific opportunity to shift a significant and ongoing increasing debt off its books. A golden chance to fund some innovation in the grassroots game.
Khan has proved a wonderful guardian IMO for Fulham Fc in his brief tenure and I am positive he would have proved the same for the home of the English game given an opportunity.

Daniel Levy is a huge influencer in the game and desperate to pick up an Americian Franchise so his shiny new toy is the only place to watch NFL in London.

+1

As someone who was playing grass roots level football only recently, the money is needed. It doesn't HAVE to come from the sale of Wembley, but it's not forthcoming from anywhere else. In the last few years I've played on pitches so sloped a 6ft lad appeared about 4ft tall on the other wing, men have turned their ankles in divots, glass is removed from pitches by players at kick off, not to mention to dog mess. The standard of the toilets and showers (if even available) at most recs/grounds makes the bathroom scene in Saw seem like a 5 star hotel bathroom. You're lucky if you get hot water and generally you're luckier if your pre-match turnout doesn't result in you contracting TB! A real opportunity missed here.

Mitch

[/quote]I know from speaking to the trust board it was forceful and they asked the right questions. We might not like the answers but that's what you get on record here.
In any meeting on any subject you can keep asking questions and ask others to pin people againt the wall as you would clearly want to do, but you won't get a different  answer if as you say that's the party line. All the Trust Board can do is keep asking and pushing for answers
If you actually read the notes you will see they have spoken to many contractors and are not fully happy with what they are hearing. Now you can believe that or not, but that's the answer they gave.
[/quote]

Reading your notes I actually thought it was some of the more forceful/better line of questioning I've seen from the FST and it was to their credit.

Holders

I felt this was an interesting line: "the club are using information provided by multiple bidders to constantly enhance the offers and plans".
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

hovewhite

RIVERSIDE STAND

Update

Timeline

Riversider,I tend to go along with you!
I don't believe anything till it happens!

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mitch on October 17, 2018, 05:55:50 PM
Quote from: Fernhurst on October 17, 2018, 04:34:49 PM

+1

As someone who was playing grass roots level football only recently, the money is needed. It doesn't HAVE to come from the sale of Wembley, but it's not forthcoming from anywhere else. In the last few years I've played on pitches so sloped a 6ft lad appeared about 4ft tall on the other wing, men have turned their ankles in divots, glass is removed from pitches by players at kick off, not to mention to dog mess. The standard of the toilets and showers (if even available) at most recs/grounds makes the bathroom scene in Saw seem like a 5 star hotel bathroom. You're lucky if you get hot water and generally you're luckier if your pre-match turnout doesn't result in you contracting TB! A real opportunity missed here.

Even if the sale had gone through, and in a way I am glad it hasn't, as I did not feel comfortable with it.
But very little money if any would go to grass roots.
Any money would have gone to be wasted on promoting the Respect Campaign, Kick It Out, Charter Standard and Diversity, a lot of money has been wasted on these projects which has not been value for money and have been flogged to death, and what difference have they made, Jack Poo.
Because the FA and it's quangos, and jobs for the boys, and to a lesser extent the County FAs are more interested in ticking boxes and being politically correct.
At the expense of having no hot water for showers, disgusting dressing rooms and facilities and pitches that have been neglected, because councils would much prefer to spend any money available on shag pile and Axminster carpets for their offices, they don't care, and the FA never even bother to find our what is needed at grass roots.
Everyone else knows because it's dam well obvious.
So in ten years time, we will still be playing on pitches that have never been rolled, and very rarely cut or marked, 18th Century dressing rooms with no running hot water let alone cold water. With archaic Toilet facilities that are basically holes in the ground in some places.
So forget about any financial assistance, they are only interested in scoring brownie points and wasting money with their ridiculous workshops and politicaly correct administrators, who are getting lazier as each year goes by, and the real grass roots die hard supporters have no voice in the Bowels of the FA.
It would not matter whether there was £1 or £100,000,000, the money would be wasted on nonsense projects, which will keep a No Nut in a well payed job ticking boxes, because that is what they are obsessed with.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Riversider

Quote from: MJG on October 17, 2018, 05:25:11 PM

RIVERSIDE STAND

Update

Timeline

I know from speaking to the trust board it was forceful and they asked the right questions. We might not like the answers but that's what you get on record here.

Why would Populous not be able to recommend a construction company ? They are currently working on Tottenhams new ground (potentially the best stadium in Europe) they designed Wembley, The Emirates and The Allianz Arena it's truly unbelievable to suggest they can't put forward a name for our stand,
I think the delay (for some reason) went hand in hand with Wembley, now that is no longer on the table hopefully The Riverside Stand news can accelerate.

Statto

Quote from: Lighthouse on October 17, 2018, 03:24:26 PM

Agreed

Although considering the value of the deal, you'd have thought Khan could have bunged TalkSport and the Daily Mirror a few hundred grand to run some stories explaining what noticeable difference him owning Wembley would make to the general public (F All), how many other national stadiums are privately owned (loads I expect), Wembley's historic and current ownership (funded by Barclays et al wasn't it?) and so on.