HMP Slade FC .... nice one Statto!!
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

The Old Count

Quote from: One James stannard on October 18, 2018, 03:46:14 PM
Quote from: KJS on October 18, 2018, 03:35:10 PM
Quote from: Rambler on October 18, 2018, 03:23:47 PM
Seriously what is up with cairney?

He's been injured for probably over 50% of his time with us which is pathetic

Should have sold him when West Ham came in for him (hindsight is a wonderful thing) still he will be fresh for the relegation battle!!
[/quote

Wow! Just wow!

Such ignorant comments. We would not be in the Prem had we sold Cairney to West Ham.

Fernhurst

So disappointed TC not playing, really fancied our chances with Tom back at the helm.

What is going on? No details emerging of the extent of the injury, is it suspicious?

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

JoelH5

Quote from: Fernhurst on October 18, 2018, 11:03:41 PM
So disappointed TC not playing, really fancied our chances with Tom back at the helm.

What is going on? No details emerging of the extent of the injury, is it suspicious?

It is disappointing and if he isn't playing we do deserve a bit more of an explanation. I enjoy watching Tom play and seeing as I pay to go an d watch Fulham, I think we deserve to at least know what's up or when he can be expected back.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Beamer

No mention of Mawson's non-availability so assume he is fit again. I, like a lot of others I think, assumed he and Ream would be our regular pairing at the heart of our defense but they haven't actually started any games together - hopefully they can develop a solid base. Odoi and Chambers have both regularly played at FB in the past. Bryan should be available soon and TF-M, MleM, Christie and Sess should be adequate cover across the back line generally.
Let's hope to see major improvement in our goals conceded very soon.

Vinnieffc

Quote from: mlangstrom on October 18, 2018, 07:47:39 PM
Did anyone see Cyrus MOM performance for Ireland? As a CM!!!

Yes. And as an Irish man wish I hadn't.  ONeill another manager lost the plot.

uninformed

Quote from: Beamer on October 19, 2018, 08:09:07 AM
No mention of Mawson's non-availability so assume he is fit again. I, like a lot of others I think, assumed he and Ream would be our regular pairing at the heart of our defense but they haven't actually started any games together - hopefully they can develop a solid base. Odoi and Chambers have both regularly played at FB in the past. Bryan should be available soon and TF-M, MleM, Christie and Sess should be adequate cover across the back line generally.
Let's hope to see major improvement in our goals conceded very soon.

We´re still in the dark as to whether a 3 or a 4 at the back is going to suit us best.

Jimpav

Gutted that Cairney is not playing, but also sad to see a few digs at the player that secured our promotion.

Whether it's mental or physical he's clearly not in a good place right now. Wishing him all the best for a speedy recovery.

Riversider

Quote from: JoelH5 on October 18, 2018, 11:59:55 PM

It is disappointing and if he isn't playing we do deserve a bit more of an explanation. I enjoy watching Tom play and seeing as I pay to go an d watch Fulham, I think we deserve to at least know what's up or when he can be expected back.

I think you've completely missed the point, the club can't tell us anything more as with regards to the injury to Cairney as nobody at the club knows what's wrong with him, along with all the medical professionals that he has been sent to see,
As Slavisa himself said, "Clinically, he is fit, but he says that he is in pain"
Slavisa said yesterday with regards to Fosuh Mensah " you don't have to be 100% fit to play, but you do need to be mentally strong " was this a sly dig sent in the direction of our Captain ?

WokingFFC

Quote from: Jimpav on October 19, 2018, 02:08:06 PM

Gutted that Cairney is not playing, but also sad to see a few digs at the player that secured our promotion.

Whether it's mental or physical he's clearly not in a good place right now. Wishing him all the best for a speedy recovery.

Agree 100%. Hoping he returns soon and proves so many wrong as he did last season.

Statto

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned it but Cairney and his mrs announced this morning they're expecting a baby

Also not sure whether that has any correlation to the mental issue theories on this thread... could perhaps support or undermine them depending which way you look at it!!

terryr

How many games has TC played for us over the past two seasons?

filham

So two weeks on from the Arsenal thrashing the players available for selection is about the same, unless we are going to be foolish enough to risk a right back who is not fully fit.

JoelH5

Quote from: Riversider on October 19, 2018, 02:40:17 PM
Quote from: JoelH5 on October 18, 2018, 11:59:55 PM

I think you've completely missed the point, the club can't tell us anything more as with regards to the injury to Cairney as nobody at the club knows what's wrong with him, along with all the medical professionals that he has been sent to see,
As Slavisa himself said, "Clinically, he is fit, but he says that he is in pain"
Slavisa said yesterday with regards to Fosuh Mensah " you don't have to be 100% fit to play, but you do need to be mentally strong " was this a sly dig sent in the direction of our Captain ?

So what point have I missed in being aggrieved we haven't been given hardly any information? Surely that's my opinion but as it differs to yours I've missed the point.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

bobbo

Quote from: Rambler on October 18, 2018, 04:37:23 PM
He's probably got reflex sympathetic dystrophy.

i had that - one session on the loo it was gone,
1975 just leaving home full of hope

RaySmith

Just reading an article in a running magazine, talking about psychological aspects of pain - how  you  can feel pain when tests show the problem has healed up.

This can be to do with fear - the brain expects pain when you put weight on a knee or an ankle, and sends  messages of pain for protection, even if there's no longer a problem.

Though I've no idea if  Cairney has this problem, but the article also says that  pain in one place can be to do with other physical problems that aren't able to be diagnosed, and also can be caused by mental stress or problems.
But I'm not saying that Cairney has such problems.

he's supposed to be on the verge of a return to action, anyway, and all Fulham fans wiil be very pleased to see him again. He's been sorely missed.