watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

callum chambers

Started by notonfire1226, October 19, 2018, 12:26:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

notonfire1226

according to a stat posted recently here, it states that fosu mensah is putting the least interceptions as a right back in the whole league. Despite the fact that he is some threat going forward , his defending hasn't been the best. Thus maybe to a position change for calum chambers to cb to a rb . And remember , he did used to be a rb .

Statto

Totally agree, not least because

1. Neither of our other RBs are very good

2. Chambers doesn't have the physical equipment to be a great CB at this level IMO

3. We need more defensive-minded FBs IMO - Chambers and Sessegnon

colinwhite

It doesnt matter much if we play with 3 up front who dont work back.

Bassey the warrior

Does Chambers have the pace needed?

uninformed

complete liability. awful.

alfie

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

filham

We need pace at right back, prefer to see Odoi there.

MJG

Chambers right back and pace doesn't matter as he won't be asked to go beyond the halfway line, same as Marchend on the other side.
Just the views of a long term fan

@jolslover

Quote from: MJG on October 19, 2018, 07:13:49 PM
Chambers right back and pace doesn't matter as he won't be asked to go beyond the halfway line, same as Marchend on the other side.

But wouldn't that significantly impact our attacking style that we have been praised for? Fullbacks are a big part of the way we play.
STH H3

MJG

Quote from: @jolslover on October 19, 2018, 07:25:37 PM

But wouldn't that significantly impact our attacking style that we have been praised for? Fullbacks are a big part of the way we play.
Needs must and we need to get a bit more defensive at least to steady the ship for a few games. A bit of tinkering and a change or two in the front three and it will be left up to them.

filham

At right back he needs the pace for his defensive duties as well as in attack. Pacey wingers could have a great day against him.

RaySmith

We need to cover at the back if players go forward  - try to close all the gaps and close down space for attackers to run into and score too easily.

Defending needs to be a priority - they will be trying to intimidate us with their  long balls into the box and height and strength.
We need to be strong and resolute.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: RaySmith on October 19, 2018, 10:14:47 PM
We need to cover at the back if players go forward  - try to close all the gaps and close down space for attackers to run into and score too easily.

Defending needs to be a priority - they will be trying to intimidate us with their  long balls into the box and height and strength.
We need to be strong and resolute.

Yes strong and resolute is the order of the day. We have to be mean at the back and in midfield to shield the back Division.
If we can keep a clean sheet, it means we only need to score once. Sounds easier said than done.
But we have more genuine match winners in open play than they have.
It will be an ideal time to keep a clean sheet, but if they score, I am convinced we can score more.
But as Ray Smith has emphasised, we have to be strong and resolute if we want to be capable of obtaining our first away win of the season, and three juicy points.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

The Rock

Comes down to style. I love SJ for style, but we could use a proper defender. Playing defence, being told to defend.

hovewhite

A decent defensive line would be a surprise!

Woolly Mammoth

I would prefer Calum Chambers at right back, that is his natural position I feel, and he is a better defender than he is currently being given credit for.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

MJG

hovewhite

Chambers last throw of the dice before Steve sess

uninformed

JoelH5

Odoi or Chambers would be a better option at RB imo
I was there, standing in the Putney end